• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Filet mignon

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
I just hate most people. Sorry man. I break out in hives at the airport.

i think... i think you may be my long lost brother.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
I just hate most people. Sorry man. I break out in hives at the airport.
Do you discuss zhis problem with your analyst? I tried with mine ... but he felt similarly.

eg1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Arrogant Bastard
How jiggly and fat is your great big fat wheatbelly, might we inquire?

Let's put it this way -- F=ma has not yet been repealed, so stay off the ice, lightweights ...
lol8[1].gif

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Made filet au poivre tonight. Really nice. Would not have been as good with any other cut, methinks.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
Made filet au poivre tonight. Really nice. Would not have been as good with any other cut, methinks.

Agreed. I don't think I would do a steak au poivre with anything but filet.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
Couldn't a tenderloin work?

Filet = tenderloin. Tenerloin is just the whole piece, filet is the tenderloin cut into steaks.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Filet = tenderloin. Tenerloin is just the whole piece, filet is the tenderloin cut into steaks.
Huh. Never knew that. Whenever I see filet's they're rather thick but when I see whole tenderloin's they're rather thin. I suppose that's the leftover after cutting all the filet's.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Tenderloin should be long and more or less cylindrical. The thickest part, in the center, is called Chateaubriand. The narrow end is usually folded back on itself and tied.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Tenderloin should be long and more or less cylindrical. The thickest part, in the center, is called Chateaubriand. The narrow end is usually folded back on itself and tied.
When I see tenderloins in the store they're usually about the width of a beer bottle. When I see filets they're the width of a wine bottle. Just larger circumference.

Grayland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by scientific
people like to hate on filet but its the most consistently good

I don't think many people hate filet mignon, but many people don't rank it at the top of the list when they discuss their favorite steaks. Considering it's the most expensive cut, many of those people might question its prestige. As a part of a multi-course dinner, I enjoy filet mignon with a nice sauce. When I want steak, however, filet mignon never crosses my mind. Different strokes.

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cooked filet this weekend in a blazing hot tandoor at an indian friend's house. if this were even remotely feasible in most restaurants or at home, this is something I would do often. Delicious

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahmedk47