• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Favorite soap?

Dmax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tangerine
I
French triple-milled soaps are also awesome. There is one that comes in 300g blocks, no packaging, that I like to buy but I don't know the name of it. Available in several scents, all of which are very subtle. The soap lasts a long time.

Pre de Provence?

soap_0102.JPG

tangerine

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dmax
Pre de Provence?
No, it isn't Pre de Provence, although I like that, too, especially the sage. The one I am thinking of comes in big blocks with no packaging at all, not even cellophane. I will go by the store and find out what it's called (and probably buy some while I'm there; I think it's $11 for a big 300g block, and it lasts a long time.)

Dmax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No, it isn't Pre de Provence, although I like that, too, especially the sage.

The one I am thinking of comes in big blocks with no packaging at all, not even cellophane. I will go by the store and find out what it's called (and probably buy some while I'm there; I think it's $11 for a big 300g block, and it lasts a long time.)

Last guess - L'Occitane?

kaxixi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like several of the Lush soaps. They are fun and "gourmand" in the sense that they really maximize the scent of the different ingredients, so that they smell more like natural materials than soap.

I agree with shellshock that Honey I Washed the Kids smells great; that is a really good one. Other ones I like are Figs and Leaves; Sea Vegetable; and Demon in the Dark. The first two smell like figs and seaweed, respectively, and both have good exfoliant properties; there are leaves in the first, and sea salt in the second. Demon in the Dark is an intense peppermint soap, very refreshing.

Expensive, but fun, and make a great gift. Demon in the Dark is my favorite--it actually tingles a bit.

tangerine

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dmax
Last guess - L'Occitane?

Nope. Finally made it to the store. They were out of the stamped blocks that I like, but the owner knew what I was talking about; it is the soap javyn likes:

Originally Posted by javyn
Good, but no substitute for Savon de Marseille.

Savon de Marseille. And what I was buying were the 600g blocks. The web site only shows the green olive oil one, but they also had orange and lavender scented ones not long ago.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics