• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fantasy Football League - Stylish Gentlemen is reborn - English Premier League

culverwood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

RvP hideously expensive
No certainty on Man City players
Bale probably not playing and Soldado an unknown
Rooney uncertain
Suarez out

Basically the tried and tested big hitters are a minefield this year :)

All true

Last edited:

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last match of the game-week tonight - desperately hoping Captain Lukaku gets a few more minutes on the pitch. I've a feeling Chelsea are going to be as much of a rotation nightmare as City this year.

clockwise

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My captain is Mata. Desperately hoping he will be warming the bench for the entire game since Hazard is my vice captain. Chelsea will definitely be a rotation nightmare this year, especially midfield and strikers.

culverwood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And my captain is Hazard. I agree rotation looks like being a problem at all the big clubs.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I feel confident in my season now that I know MoK and I captained the same striker on week one.

:brick:

Oh, rotation...

clockwise

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The leader (at this moment) of our league, EVReds, captained Ivanovic. Genius! Together with Cech and ACole the safest starter in Chelsea. I've got Benteke, so hoping for 2-2 tonight with braces from Hazard and Benteke. Ivanovic to get a red card please. Then on to round 2. :D

clockwise

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ouch! My captain Mata came on to make my choice of captain a waste. No goal by Hazard. No luck at all. Except Benteke of course, very glad I picked him for my team or the first week could have been a complete disaster. This is going to be a long hard season....

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Two Chelsea games and Lukaku has played >40 minutes. Time for an FT. Doesn't have Mou's confidence. Should've stayed at WestBrom another year like Coutois at Atletico.

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Two Chelsea games and Lukaku has played >40 minutes. Time for an FT. Doesn't have Mou's confidence. Should've stayed at WestBrom another year like Coutois at Atletico.

I disagree. Mou is trying to ease Lukaku into a starting spot. He has played in both games so far and looked dangerous. He will play a lot this year in increasing amounts and is the future of Chelsea so he should be with Chelsea now.

Courtois is a different situation. There is no keeper rotation policy at Chelsea, other than giving backups some minutes in League Cup games. Courtois can only be assured of first team play at Athletico.

I worry that Chelsea will lose Courtois before Cech is ready to move on. Cech has another 10 years left in him, and most or all of that will be with Chelsea. It would be great if they could keep Courtois under contract and loan him out to whatever club he wants to be at, until it is his time. I just can't see that happening though.

culverwood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The trouble is FPL does not wait for Mou and with MU and a blank week ahead it would not be sensible to hold on to Lukaku until he is first choice.

My dilemma is at the back and also whether to continue with a team without Van Persie.

culverwood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank heavens for defenders and goalkeepers the forwards and midfielders aren't earning their keep this year.

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone else wildcarding ahead of next weekend? :embar:

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have never wildcarded before. What does it entail?

Very happy that Lukaku was snapped up by Everton. Won't have to transfer him out in the near future. Also swapped Adam Johnson for Özil. :slayer:

Bringing a little of my madrista to the EPL.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 103 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.4%

Forum statistics

Threads