• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fake or Real (Authentic, Genuine, etc.) -- Official Authentication Thread

Zeer

Reaction score
Hi all,

Long time lurker here. I recently ordered some Oliver Peoples (model NDG OV 5031) off eBay, and I am suspicious their authenticity. Upon taking them out of the case (which seemed genuine enough) they immediately felt 'cheap' in a way I can't quite describe, but on closer inspection I noticed a few more things. Specifically, the hinges on these glasses look different to the images of genuine models I can find online (mine are a 2 + 1 configuration, rather than the 'normal' 2+3 configuration, and they feel noticeably cheap and flimsy). Although it does have the OP logo in the left arm, it also does not quite look right to me. Is anybody able to confirm that these are fake so that I can be more confident returning them? Ultimately I am very happy with how these glasses look, but I did not pay a premium price for a non-genuine product. Thank you very much!

I have attached some photos I took of the pair I received, which can be compared to this photo of seemingly genuine glasses: http://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/IDwAAOxyRNJSmTPQ/s-l500.jpg

jsstx

Reaction score
Can someone help me out? I've been looking everyone online and can't find anything that will help me verify if these are real or fake

Last edited:

fyan

Reaction score
I recently came across a burberry trench on (noted as a trench from 1970) for 100GBP, which seems like a price too good to be true.
So I've come across this forum and wanted to ask you guys if this trench is genuine. Another thing worth noting is that the seller is supposedly listing this as a mens trench while it has a storm flap on the left side and a rather weird measurement name (long 10) and I think it's a woman's measuring thing. The seller however is adamant about it being a mens trench, so confirmation is needed on that matter too. My knowledge on these vintage coats is extremely limited, so any help is much appreciated ^^!

kbadgley84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I recently came across a burberry trench on (noted as a trench from 1970) for 100GBP, which seems like a price too good to be true. So I've come across this forum and wanted to ask you guys if this trench is genuine. Another thing worth noting is that the seller is supposedly listing this as a mens trench while it has a storm flap on the left side and a rather weird measurement name (long 10) and I think it's a woman's measuring thing. The seller however is adamant about it being a mens trench, so confirmation is needed on that matter too. My knowledge on these vintage coats is extremely limited, so any help is much appreciated ^^!
Legit The sizing is womens, I sold one just like that a while back

voltaire123

Reaction score
Hello everyone. First time poster here. I have been given this zilli coat as a gift and i'm wondering whether it's genuine or not. I'd appreciate your help. .

Last edited:

Jaspa88

Reaction score
Hi,

Apologies if this is the wrong forum to post this question. Just wanted your opinion on whether this Zegna Tie is real or Fake?

Thanks

Spruce Moose

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That Zegna tie is most definitely fake

the Zilli, I have no idea but from the pretty poor pictures, it looks decent construction

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Apologies if this is the wrong forum to post this question. Just wanted your opinion on whether this Zegna Tie is real or Fake?

Thanks

100% fake. I've seen a few of those.

dapperdoctor

Reaction score
This vintage Burberry scarf.... it feels nice, looks decent. Is there any way to tell if it's real or fake? Here are a few images. I bought from an e-bay seller in UK with very good 100% feedback.

Spruce Moose

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They switched away from Burberrys in like 1999

The Burberrys tags I'm familiar with say Dry clean only with it so if real I would expect it to be quite old. It doesn't look like there is color bleeding from one to the next so that's a good sign. I'm unable to tell from the picture too but from my knowledge all Burberry scarves should be 100% symmetrical so you could check for that. Hope it helps

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads