• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Everlane T-shirts

autumndreams

Reaction score
This is a company that I have mixed feelings about.

Honestly, I love their T's and their slim button-downs. They're cut as close to perfect for me as it gets. I just wish that they offered more variety. More colors, more patterns. I'd particularly like it if they offered a heavier line of T-shirts. Their standard line is fantastic, but especially in the colder months I like to have heavier T's to layer with.

Some of their products I just can't wrap my head around though. That cardigan-blazer. Or the bomber jacket. I'm not particularly fond of their leather products either.

Still...they're one of my go-to's for basic T's and button-downs. I'll probably pick up a weekender one day too. I have a backpack from one of their first runs, and it's still going strong.

raginberriodoom

Reaction score
boned - I have a weekender from their very first run. I've used it quite a bit, and it's held up perfectly for me. The straps felt flimsy, but I've had no problem with them. They're actually kinda nice because I can carry them over my shoulder. Otherwise, the bag has held up very well. It's actually the only item of theirs I'd recommend.

Benfica

Reaction score
I got another v-neck t-shirt and one of the linen shirts the other day. Not having owned a linen shirt before I have little to compare it to, but it's pretty nice. Length seems to be a little shorter than the poplin shirts so it looks better untucked than those do. Only issue is the sleeves are a little slim from the elbow down to the cuff, which makes it somewhat difficult to roll them up.

I've also got a first-run weekender and agree with raginberriodoom - I haven't had any issues with it. I've used it as carry-on and packed 15kg+ into it and the straps have been fine.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah...IIRC, that was pretty much the company's response when they came out: the straps are fine. There were some early complaints, but I went and found my post from 2 years ago when I first got the bag, and even then, I said that the straps seemed fine.

My friend has a weekender and a backpack, and they both seem to still be working fine (His weekender came on the same trip as mine last month, and even got checked as luggage once).

Rommel

Reaction score
I have a weekender which I've used consistently for travel over the last couple years and it's held up just fine. I also have a backpack that I was using regularly, it's fine as well.

I would say that their bags are probably the only thing I would recommend. I have a few of their tees and although the material is nice, they all have the upturned-wrinkly-collar problem after one wash.

boned

Reaction score
boned - I have a weekender from their very first run. I've used it quite a bit, and it's held up perfectly for me. The straps felt flimsy, but I've had no problem with them. They're actually kinda nice because I can carry them over my shoulder. Otherwise, the bag has held up very well. It's actually the only item of theirs I'd recommend.

Thanks but I found a deal on a new Filson Med Duffle for $195 so I went with that
biggrin.gif

stylenoob718

Reaction score
I'm a big fan of the u necks they made for men, but they stopped making them (I assume consistency issues?).

Can anyone recommend another brand of u/scoop at this price point that isn't too 'slutty' haha (reference to another thread on the site for these kind of shirts). I guess some other brands call it a relaxed crew essentially.

Thanks

(Also if any reps for Everlane peruse this, are U's never coming back??)

Bam!ChairDance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's pretty sweet that you're a fan, but you're in the minority :(. They pulled the u-necks because most folks, including me, found the fit to be super unflattering. I do like the idea of a slouchy tee with a mild u-neck, and they should def bring it back with a few necessary tweaks, but what they sold wasn't just slouchy. It was straight up a-line.

On another note, the new chunky knits look really cool. I grabbed one of the grey crews and am crossing my fingers that it's as impressive as the cashmere one I picked up two weeks ago

Last edited:

Ketawa

Reaction score
I picked up the chunky knit crewneck sweater in grey and I really like it, so I ordered it in navy as well. The tees and cashmere sweaters in XL are all too small for me (too tight in body, sleeves too short on sweaters). XL in the chunky knit is probably the first sweater I've ever found that fits me well. I'm somewhere around 44-45" chest and ~37" shirt sleeve.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads