• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Everlane T-shirts

Distorbiant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can anyone compare the everlane shirt fits (particularly the Indigo shirt) to Uniqlo Slim Fit Oxfords?

Especially the sleeve slimness.

Last edited:

cthip

Reaction score

Does anyone have any thoughts on the belts? I'm looking to buy one as my go-to dress belt.

I ordered it, hated it, and returned it instantly.

The buckle looks cool and unique in the video, but is frustrating and weird in person.

The leather is odd. They describe it as 100% Italian leather. I'm not an expert, but it feels like bonded leather or bicast leather (both of which can be called "100%" leather in the USA) to me. Whatever it is, it's definitely not a full-grain leather or calfskin.

Edit: I should clarify that mine was the "Essential Belt." The "Switch-buckle Belt" has a much more normal buckle. Hard to tell but from the photos it looks like the same leather.

Last edited:

jakeypotato

Reaction score
Thank goodness I didn't buy the belts.

Hudson

Reaction score
I bet if Everlane got some models with decent physiques modeling their clothing their sales would skyrocket.

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I bet they recognize that a majority of their customers do not have better physiques.

Hudson

Reaction score
I bet they recognize that a majority of their customers do not have better physiques.

It's not about recognizing whether or not their consumer base having similar physiques. Consumers will buy clothes that look good and fitted. And if the model doesn't do justice to the clothing, then the clothing in turn will look terrible. So what reason would they have to buy the clothing?

xxxamazexxx

Reaction score

Well, prevalent as weight problem is in America, I'm willing to bet that over 50% of the people aka 'the majority' are still in shape. Besides, it's no secret that clothing brands want to push forward the image customers want to look like, not what they actually look like. I mean, whatever shape you're in, would you look at the scrawny guy on the website and go 'Wow, I want to buy that shirt he's wearing?'

Distorbiant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
WTF is with Everlane quality yet?

I'm about to buy an Indigo shirt and I see all this **** about awful quality.

Shold I just find a different brand?

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Try WvG, D. For $25 they're t-shirts are a surprisingly nice.

I don't think there's an issue with everlane's quality in my experience. For $15 you get a $15 t-shirt. Just had my first one start unraveling at the neck seam after about a year... of not so much wear... I don't know seems about right for the price range. I personally prefer the lands end canvas t-shirts though, they use thicker fabric and hold up better and are cheaper.

jakeypotato

Reaction score
WTF is with Everlane quality yet?

I'm about to buy an Indigo shirt and I see all this **** about awful quality.

Shold I just find a different brand?
everlane quality sucks. i have three of their tees. by far, they are my worst purchases ive made. thread unraveling everywhere. collar wrinkly and stretched. thin material.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 97 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads