• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Everlane T-shirts

Ketawa

Reaction score
I picked up 3 of the crew neck shirts in the special colors. Collars lying flat so far after several wash/dry cycles.

Last edited:

Max_Yeah_True

Reaction score
Some of mine have the bacon collar and some just have ripples along the shoulder or the back collar seen from the front looks plain weird sitting on my traps

Table

Reaction score
So, my Everlane experience: I haven't gotten Everlane tees in a while but my old ones are still going strong. Some collars have stretched and some are fine. Sizing seems to vary across all 10 or so of them, purchased at differing time points. I got a M oxford when the first came out, it was too tight in the chest. I just picked up the new indigo one to try out the "updated" fit. Fits much better, color is amazing, I will agree with others that the arms are cut strangely low--but for the price point it's solid and better than my previous experience with the oxford. I have one of the first released french terry sweatshirts and the collar is totally screwed on that one, can't comment on any "updates" to it.

Overall, Everlane seems to be hit and miss. Tees are great for a lightweight comfy material but it's too bad about the inconsistent sizing. Some fit awesome, others are relegated to undershirts.

Tigerprawn

Reaction score
I also purchased tees with Everlane from the start to current and it's been a mess in terms of consistency. The latest muted black and pine are by far the best ones I have thus far. They hold their shape and haven't had any problems.

YungLA

Reaction score
am i the only one getting stitching come loose on the card holder? wtf man

i havent even carried it that much, maybe 4-5 times. its some long strands on the side.

Staticbolt

Reaction score
I ordered one when they came out and have carried it every day since I got it and it seems to be holding up fine. It's thin like others have said but seems well constructed to me.

YungLA

Reaction score

I ordered one when they came out and have carried it every day since I got it and it seems to be holding up fine. It's thin like others have said but seems well constructed to me.

thats what i thought very thin but materials were good but now the stitching on the side is coming loose...

Kroaker

Reaction score
I just ordered two crewneck tees are they worth the 15 $ ?
You tell us when you receive them
nest.gif

Sencha1554

Reaction score

Has anyone ordered one of the new cashmere sweaters?  Thoughts?

I'm not a dude, but I did pick up a few of the new cashmere sweaters when they came out, and since I've appreciated the info in this thread, even though not all of it applies to me, I figured I'd tell you about my experience so far.

Now, I'm not a cashmere connoisseur by any measure, I'm only just this year getting into 100% cashmere, and I've not shelled out the money for any of the super-expensive stuff, but I have purchased several cashmere pieces from other companies and I'll try to make a comparison. I will not include "cashmere" from regular mall brands, only the stuff I've recently started buying.

First, I have 2 Equipment brand sweaters, a pull-over V and a cardigan. These normally retail for $320-$380. The yarn appears to be 2-ply (just from what I can tell as a knitter) Both of these were very soft and had zero itch factor (unlike mall brands I have purchased in the past). The pullover was knit at a slightly looser guage, and I'm very glad I didn't pay anywhere close to retail for it, because it pilled after 1 wear, and it has a hole in it now too. The cardigan was knit at a bit of a tighter guage, so it has fared better, it has a few pills on it after a couple months too though.

Second, I recently purchased a Neiman Marcus cashmere turtleneck. These retail for about $225. The yarn appears to be 2-ply. This sweater was knit at a smaller guage than either of the Equipment sweaters, and it has proven more durable than them. It is unfortunately a bit itchy though. Not enough for me to stop wearing it, but I do have to wear a shirt underneath.

Now for Everlane: I bought 2 of the women's crew neck and 1 of the men's v-neck. Somehow I was able to order one of the crew necks a week early, so I've had that one for a little over a week now. I was pretty excited to get it so I put it on right away, and then promptly got soot from the wood stove all over the sleeve. I hand-washed it twice, and have worn it twice since it dried, and I have yet to find a pill on it, which is nice. We'll see how it holds up over time, but I'm pretty impressed so far. This yarn also appears to be 2-ply, and it looks like it is knit at about the same guage as my NM sweater, but it is absolutely not itchy, too, and I find almost every wool-type fiber at least a little itchy. Also, while I purchased the women's crew neck in a small and a medium (I wanted one to be more relaxed), I liked the look of the men's V neck more than the women's one, so I bought an XS in the men's v neck, and I think it's my favorite out of the batch. I have a long torso, so while the women's crew hits just below my pants waistband, the men's V is a good 3 inches longer, and the neckline is pretty comfy too.

Unfortunately I don't have any of last season's Everlane cashmere to compare to, but I hope this helps you a little. I'm really happy with my cashmere so far, and I'm very excited for the hoodie and the cardigans to come out next month.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads