• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Euro Trip Packing List

jimmyfingers

Reaction score
Sounds like you are over packing. I would cut that list down by half and only bring one pair of shoes.

erdawe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
lol if you can't fit it into carry on you're doin it wrong for this sorta trip... OP prob lacks swag, so to I'm unsure bout this venture.

Rompson

Reaction score
Clarks were useless for me in England where it rains every day. Slippin everywhere. Bring something else.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
This is assuming a lot player, op lacks capacity to pack for a trip.

+1...
I was gonna suggest condoms but saw the post above...
eh.gif

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JoelF
It can get cold, have you thought of that?

OP asked the internet what he should pack...NO he has not thought of that!

Lucifer

Reaction score
October/November in northern Europe can get cold. It also rains alot. Make sure you bring clothes that can take a few drops of rain and shoes that can handle rainy cobblestones.

johnH123

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
This is assuming a lot player, op lacks capacity to pack for a trip.

Square toed loafers and some turtlenecks, right homie?

Originally Posted by Xericx
leather bluchers.

i bought a pair of new balance "minimus" yesterday...its like for barefoot running/walking/etc but they are good for sockless adventures. kind of like vibrams but not as rediculous looking.

I've been thinking of doing a Goruck GR1 for minimal packing.

check out www.packlite.tumblr.com if you haven't already for more ideas

Neat blog, thanks.

And grab a goruck. They're pretty sweet. Well made and nicely styled (it's a mil spec bag without looking too much like one).

johnH123

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JoelF
It can get cold, have you thought of that?

I did. I've checked historical temperature info for the places I'm going, that ain't cold. Moderately cool at worst.

Anyways, thanks to those who provided some added useful input. I've manage to narrow down my packing list. For the more useless posters, just remember you were all one ill-timed pull out away from being remembered simply as a bad taste in your mother's mouth (or in jet's case, a sticky smudge on the face 'cause that's just how his mommy rolls).

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ter1413
OP asked the internet what he should pack...NO he has not thought of that!
lol8[1].gif
some are giving op too much credit, need to remember he's from canaduh

BB1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pack a small maple leaf pendant that you can discretely wear with all your outfits. It will send a subliminal message to everyone that you are not an American. These guys seem to know what they're doing....

logo_90450.gif

Wendy_s_Wave_Wordmark_Canada_2008.jpg

Wess

Reaction score
Being a backpacker myself, and living in the Netherlands, I think I can contribute a little bit. Flip flops! It's a must. You'll see. No, shorts will be useless (besides from maybe sleeping in them). With the T's and sweatshirt, you won't need 4 or 5 extra shirts. Only bring whatever you think you'll really really need. If you need more, you can always buy it there. No reason to carry ANY extra weight "just to be sure". Just to emphasize it, read the last sentence again. Goes for anything you want to bring. Why are you bringing a blazer? You've stated you aren't going to be visiting nice restaurants or anything like that. I've never brought them on my trips, never needed it. A scarf could be a good idea... but like I said earlier, you'll see when you get there. Buy em there if you think it's necessary (I only wear scarfs during the winter here, but that's just me). And no, leather jacket is a stupid idea, too heavy. Oh, and, NB shoes scream ME=TOURIST.... just so you're aware of that)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads