• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

suuteebird

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have purchased dozens of pieces from Mike and Adele and they have always shown me excellent customer service. In fact, they have frequently gone above and beyond to care for me as a customer. For that reason, and because their offerings are amazing, they will keep getting my money.

Roguls

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Been with Epaulet since Carroll Gardens. Not a big customer, but have been there. If something is awry, Mike or Adele will make it okay. "Right" is damn near impossible to achieve for scrutinous pricks like those on this forum: impatient, detail-oriented, highly educated (enlightened?) and ironically pompous. Particularly in light of understanding they are doing a highly specialized, wholly un-corporate form of retail. I personally hate the big companies, so I love supporting Epaulet.

Know this: when you buy from them, you will be getting something high quality. And you will be supporting people -- good people. From the designers to the makers.

avsmusic1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’ve never had anything but positive experiences as well, and I’m a self proclaimed Stan of EP.

My comment earlier was purely based on my perception of the frequency and type of comments I’ve been seeing here as of late. There has been a big enough uptick that I’ve noticed, and it seems like it was worth flagging for Mike.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey guys: thank you for all of the supportive comments and the critical ones! I've been at this game for over 10 years, and there's always things that I can do better and processes that we can improve.

As a smaller-scale business, I know that every month is going to bring a handful of issues. An incorrect item might be shipped to a customer. A custom shirt might have the wrong collar. A chino might have a pull in the fabric. This will always be a reality for us, and all that I can do is work to address and remedy the issues when they come up. We've managed to thrive for this decade because we do a pretty good job of that -- although there is always room for improvement and any smart businessperson will do their best to retain loyal clients.

One customer service issue that I'm facing and trying to remedy is the multiple channels of communication that are presently open. We've got email, Styleforum, Instagram, Facebook, and Reddit. Sometimes one customer will contact us on every single channel over a single issue. I do my best to route all of these messages, but it's definitely overwhelming at times. I think we'll look to do some kind of central "ticket" concept through the site in 2019.

Preorders and custom work is a big part of our business, and I've endeavored to both reduce and more accurately quote lead times to reduce frustration on our customers' part. We've moved away from final sale terms on most of our LA-made preorders. And we've simply dropped preorder concepts that are subject to truly uncontrollable delays, like Alden.

I check in with you guys every day, and sometimes multiple times a day. I'll work to be more conscious of PM's here, and I'm the only person with access to this account, so you'll always have a way to communicate with me directly.

Staxxx1

Reaction score
Thank you Mike.
Just placed a small order today.

apolloali

Reaction score
Honestly speaking, I feel like watching Mike's insta stories for six months changed the way I shopped. I decided to only shop at places that are fairly transparent about where they make their stuff (and be comfortable with occasionally paying full price). I decided I'd rarely give money directly to the fash-fashion places, when so much stock gets cycled through unnecessarily. If I want that kind of stuff, I'll thrift or buy second hand now. And instead fill my closet with stuff I can really stand by. I didn't really know that was an option until I saw how Mike and a few others run their business. It's really cool.

suuteebird

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
5F1E7332-AE5C-4E36-AFA4-7E5A0B685CEE.jpeg

Now back to pics. Just got my suit trousers back from being hemmed.

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a fair amount of gear from EP (13 shirts, 21 pants, 5 sport coats, 1 boot and 1 trainer). There have been occasions when something needed to be fixed, and Mike and Adele ALWAYS stepped up and addressed everything in a generous manner. Sure there may be times when an issue falls through the cracks and needs to be checked in on, but consider the scale of their operation! That can happen with even the largest of companies.

I know I’m definitely an EP Stan, but that’s only because they’ve earned my, er, ”Stanity” with quality products and service.

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have no complaints about how Mike and Adele run things. The amount of interaction with their community over the years has been outstanding.

I also don't have the same expectations of a 2 person team that I have when I call Apple support.
That's the thing - the internet has changed our expectations, and considering that Mike and Adele travel a fair bit for the business, have a lot of in and out packages, a zillion emails, all the social/interwebs stuff and raising a young spawn, I get that things aren't always instant. I love everything I have from them, and they've been great. Patience, as they say, is a virtue :)

kumizi

Reaction score
Hi Mike, I'm interested in the Cafe Racer jacket but not sure about sizing. IIRC, we were about the same size. I'm 5'9" 185lbs with a 43" chest. Most of my Epaulet size L shirts are a bit tight in the chest area.

I'm interested in the Cordovan Lightweight Horsehide. From watching the video on your site, I heard you say you ordered the exact same jacket.

Any sizing suggestions would be appreciated. Also, you happen to know approximate lead time right now?

city74

Reaction score
Hey guys: thank you for all of the supportive comments and the critical ones! I've been at this game for over 10 years, and there's always things that I can do better and processes that we can improve.

As a smaller-scale business, I know that every month is going to bring a handful of issues. An incorrect item might be shipped to a customer. A custom shirt might have the wrong collar. A chino might have a pull in the fabric. This will always be a reality for us, and all that I can do is work to address and remedy the issues when they come up. We've managed to thrive for this decade because we do a pretty good job of that -- although there is always room for improvement and any smart businessperson will do their best to retain loyal clients.

One customer service issue that I'm facing and trying to remedy is the multiple channels of communication that are presently open. We've got email, Styleforum, Instagram, Facebook, and Reddit. Sometimes one customer will contact us on every single channel over a single issue. I do my best to route all of these messages, but it's definitely overwhelming at times. I think we'll look to do some kind of central "ticket" concept through the site in 2019.

Preorders and custom work is a big part of our business, and I've endeavored to both reduce and more accurately quote lead times to reduce frustration on our customers' part. We've moved away from final sale terms on most of our LA-made preorders. And we've simply dropped preorder concepts that are subject to truly uncontrollable delays, like Alden.

I check in with you guys every day, and sometimes multiple times a day. I'll work to be more conscious of PM's here, and I'm the only person with access to this account, so you'll always have a way to communicate with me directly.

Kudos to you for realizing there is a slight issue and being upfront and posting this reply. That alone saved my business

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads