• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

mothball

Reaction score
Thanks! It certainly does. Appreciate it! By the way, what size did you happen to get and do you know how long the shirt is at its back length? Thanks again!

I'm a large in everything EP, but I'm afraid I don't have a measuring tape to help you with the length. I would imagine Mike can chime in with that.

Numbahzz

Reaction score
I'm a large in everything EP, but I'm afraid I don't have a measuring tape to help you with the length. I would imagine Mike can chime in with that.

Is it shorter than you would like compared to other shirts you have or is the length good? Just slightly concerned because another poster said his EP x Gitman shirts were shorter than his other ones.

Patrick R

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m an Epaulet XL and I have literally dozens of stock and EFF EP shirts from Gitman, EPLA, New England, Individualized, etc. and I have never noticed any of them being appreciably longer or shorter.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Man.. old school Mike with short hair in the fit pics...

@peppercorn78 haha I know.. whatever happened to that guy!?! He's now some kind of bougie surfer wanna-be in the Southbay of Los Angeles.

EP GATs to Shanghai
VP5bktx.jpg

@M635Guy looking sharp.. have a great trip!

Any chance the gitman pattern length can be tweaked on the EFF or is that a no go? All my EP x GB run way shorter than all my other stock EP shirts, so much so that I don’t really wear them

Is it possible to request that the darts be left out for these shirts?

@esoxm @soaped

Sorry guys, we can't change anything on the pattern for these, so every shirt will be made to the usual specs with the chest pocket and darts.

The length should be really consistent on all Epaulet & Gitman shirts, we use the same exact cutting pattern for all of them. The only real exceptions would be stuff like pure linen (tends to make up a bit larger) and anything that's washed or dyed. There were fit differences between Gitman, New England, and the Portugal shirts though. NE product is discontinued entirely, and all of our Portugal stuff is the Capri shape, which is distinct onto itself.

@mothball thanks for posting.. that thing is so awesome!

Chameleon

Reaction score
Hey Mike, I ordered one of the Gitman florals recently and wrote in the notes to have it made with a camp collar. Is it still possible to do that? Just double checking here.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay guys, it's our first Gitman Bros EFF in almost 8 months. Got some awesome stuff in two categories: Nutzo Novelties and Biz Casual.

Nutzo Novelties is up now, will shoot videos shortly. If you guys dig the little sailboat fabrics (last ones on the list), then there's only enough to make one of each shirt.

I missed out on the little sailboat fabrics and do not see pictures of them still on the Epaulet site but now I'm curious what they looked like. Can you post up a picture of them?

Could you show us the sample Nuthin But A Gangster Party shirt on a mannequin or spread out on a surface? I would love to see what the full shirt print looks like. Of course if it's not too much to ask for. Thanks Mike!

I have the Nuthin But a Gangster Party in the same make-up and it's one of my absolute favorite shirts. It gets worn nearly all year round except when it gets brutally hot and it works great with shorts, jeans, chinos, etc.

Sorry guys, we can't change anything on the pattern for these, so every shirt will be made to the usual specs with the chest pocket and darts.

I have a couple Gitman shirts from a previous EFF you did with them. Those ones I was able to get made up without darts. Can you comment on how much of a difference (in terms of 0.X") the darts make in the body/waist of the shirts?

losrockets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I briefly owned one of those, could never figure a way to wear it that I liked. @tricky you make it look easy.

That shirt is superb, btw.

tricky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I briefly owned one of those, could never figure a way to wear it that I liked. @tricky you make it look easy.

That shirt is superb, btw.

Thanks a lot.The shirt is super light and perfect for hot days. Think I've been wearing it regularly for around 8 years!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads