• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tweeduroys FTW.

Alcibiades

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are there enough people interested in a Pacific Blue sweater cardigan with the light buttons? I would be in, but I like the original shawl pattern, not the crestline

Melomane

Reaction score
I would be and also in the same shawl cardigan shape. I'd also get the shawl cardigan in forest with the same wooden buttons. The cardigan in forest has to be my most worn epaulet piece ever and getting another one with those buttons I feel would make it even better.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Are there enough people interested in a Pacific Blue sweater cardigan with the light buttons? I would be in, but I like the original shawl pattern, not the crestline

I would be and also in the same shawl cardigan shape. I'd also get the shawl cardigan in forest with the same wooden buttons. The cardigan in forest has to be my most worn epaulet piece ever and getting another one with those buttons I feel would make it even better.

Hey dudes this sweater run is definitely gonna happen. We weren't able to get it into today's newsletter, but I'll post it up tomorrow. We'll be able to take orders thru 12/6, and they're going to ship from Canada on 12/15.

We'll be able to make the Coastline or the regular Shawl in all colors. Wood buttons are going to be the only option as I can't get them the corozo buttons in time.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Oh also, if you missed out on the Doyle project, I'm going to do a quick preorder opening just for the weekend. We need to make a few units and the factory can handle about 20 more pieces as things are quiet next week. We'll only offer Doyles and some fabrics are sold thru, but they'll be an option to get a jacket if you order over the weekend. We'll take the payment in full and have them en route to you by Dec 15th.

nqtri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh also, if you missed out on the Doyle project, I'm going to do a quick preorder opening just for the weekend. We need to make a few units and the factory can handle about 20 more pieces as things are quiet next week. We'll only offer Doyles and some fabrics are sold thru, but they'll be an option to get a jacket if you order over the weekend. We'll take the payment in full and have them en route to you by Dec 15th.

What's the fabric for the upcoming Doyle run?

stevenkmason

Reaction score

Sashiko? :drool:

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Epaulet or anybody who has some of the Japanese Twill trousers...

I received my Ranger pants last week and they are awesome but I had decided to order them with a finished hem to hopefully avoid needing to take them to the tailor however, I am shorter than I like to admit and probably should have ordered them about .75" shorter than I actually did (and that was after I contacted you guys after the initial order to make them even shorter than what I picked online).

My question is, can the twill be washed in the machine and if so, should I expect it to shrink any? If the twill is machine washable, I'd like to throw them in the machine (and maybe even the dryer) before I take them to the tailor to get rid of any shrink that might occur (I don't care if they shrink a bit in the waist either).

Without looking into, if it’s a cotton then you can certainly wash and dry it if you want.
I wash all my cotton pants before hemming, regardless if they have been eashed at the factory or not. Has served me well in getting proper hem length.

I'm not expert, but my military twill Garands get washed pretty regular and don't seem to have shrunk any. They are a tad short, but I don't remember fi they were always that way or not. But the fabric has held up great.

I went ahead and washed my Ranger trousers in hot water last night and then threw them in the dryer for a while as well. I think I may have lost about a half inch in the length and a tiny bit in the waist. The fit is now perfect and I'm wearing a pair right now!

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Drake tie and Lobb shoes but the rest is EP!

97215577-64A9-4D7D-95F8-3529E4F92834.jpeg
5BA77150-D2A2-40B1-A0D5-C4F0479C508E.jpeg

lifeinabox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Red Sashiko? :smarmy:

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member