• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly, maybe even these Trickers boot

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

White Lotus

Reaction score
I can button my sashiko all the way up with a shirt underneath. Like what lifeinabox said, it fits more like a sweater than a jacket and its alittle stretchy. Anyways, I'll post a pic of the fit.

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Aero Board Racer in cordovan CXL FQHH
DSC04930.jpg

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Nice fit on that jacket. What's that mid layer?

Dig the bandana :wink:

Yeah, it's a nice bandana (seriously... the fabric is beautiful... so bandana+++++, the printing is great).

Midlayer is from 1st Pat-rn. Oh, and shirt is EP x Individualized OCBD popover.

By the way, L.I.T. you should post in the SW&D WAYWT thread.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Where are those videos available? I just browsed through Epaulet's IG feed and didn't see any.

@Alarcon ah sorry, that was from an IG live video. I actually still need to do a product video on the Sashiko jacket.

I stayed TTS in the sashiko but when buttoning it all the way the top button did pop off and I had to sew it back on. Sizing up to a 42 was an interesting fit and allowed me to button up all the way but I also don't really button up my duck canvas Doyle all the way and don't expect to do that much here, so I stayed with the 40. If you'd like to button up, you may need to size up.

@losrockets whoa, really sorry about the lost button.. first that that I've heard that happening on our new LA production! Our guys have some hardcore button machines over there.

I can button my sashiko all the way up with a shirt underneath. Like what lifeinabox said, it fits more like a sweater than a jacket and its alittle stretchy. Anyways, I'll post a pic of the fit.

@White Lotus yes it is a little bit smaller than the Doyle in other fabrics, although most guys (me included) would take the same size. It's not going to shrink any further and you should expect that it will stretch and give a little bit with wear.

Aero Board Racer in cordovan CXL FQHH
View attachment 883085

@FrankCowperwood raaaaaaaad!

L.I.T.

Reaction score
Yeah, it's a nice bandana (seriously... the fabric is beautiful... so bandana+++++, the printing is great).

Midlayer is from 1st Pat-rn. Oh, and shirt is EP x Individualized OCBD popover.

By the way, L.I.T. you should post in the SW&D WAYWT thread.

Thanks! Yeah I spent sometime sourcing for something a little tougher that would hold up to a beating but look and feel nice too. And for SW&D WAYWT yeah I know always forget to do that.

Anyways a lot Epaulet stuff on today.
Screen Shot 2017-11-29 at 3.13.44 PM.png

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Two things for Individualized...

1) Got that promo extended till the end of the month, so we'll be able to keep offering discounts for purchases of 2 to 5 shirts
2) We have an exclusive fabric which is my favorite one of 2017, hands down. I call it "Jets to Brazil"....

Jets to Brazil Detail.jpg
Got enough for about 12 shirts... we'll have it online and launching with tomorrow's newsletter

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Epaulet or anybody who has some of the Japanese Twill trousers...

I received my Ranger pants last week and they are awesome but I had decided to order them with a finished hem to hopefully avoid needing to take them to the tailor however, I am shorter than I like to admit and probably should have ordered them about .75" shorter than I actually did (and that was after I contacted you guys after the initial order to make them even shorter than what I picked online).

My question is, can the twill be washed in the machine and if so, should I expect it to shrink any? If the twill is machine washable, I'd like to throw them in the machine (and maybe even the dryer) before I take them to the tailor to get rid of any shrink that might occur (I don't care if they shrink a bit in the waist either).

CanadaCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Without looking into, if it’s a cotton then you can certainly wash and dry it if you want.
I wash all my cotton pants before hemming, regardless if they have been eashed at the factory or not. Has served me well in getting proper hem length

I’m finding cotton more and more useful to my wardrobe, which was a lot of wool and tweed. Grabbed a pair of Porto walnuts during the flash sale, they look great.

duff406

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Epaulet or anybody who has some of the Japanese Twill trousers...

I received my Ranger pants last week and they are awesome but I had decided to order them with a finished hem to hopefully avoid needing to take them to the tailor however, I am shorter than I like to admit and probably should have ordered them about .75" shorter than I actually did (and that was after I contacted you guys after the initial order to make them even shorter than what I picked online).

My question is, can the twill be washed in the machine and if so, should I expect it to shrink any? If the twill is machine washable, I'd like to throw them in the machine (and maybe even the dryer) before I take them to the tailor to get rid of any shrink that might occur (I don't care if they shrink a bit in the waist either).
I'm not expert, but my military twill Garands get washed pretty regular and don't seem to have shrunk any. They are a tad short, but I don't remember fi they were always that way or not. But the fabric has held up great.

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Without looking into, if it’s a cotton then you can certainly wash and dry it if you want.
I wash all my cotton pants before hemming, regardless if they have been eashed at the factory or not. Has served me well in getting proper hem length

I’m finding cotton more and more useful to my wardrobe, which was a lot of wool and tweed. Grabbed a pair of Porto walnuts during the flash sale, they look great.

That's how I'm feeling these days too.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member