• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

lifeinabox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm afraid of that place now. I went in there to buy a present once, they just have the weirdest sales staff. The girl helping me "modeled" the jacket for me and then asked me if the girl I was buying it for had bigger breasts than her or not. wtf?
I would have said it's hard to tell, I need a closer inspection.

Buying stuff for the wife is a double edged sword, especially workout clothes. "Are you telling me I'm fat and need to work out more?!"

metranger8694

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys!

And the tie, which I feel comfortable repping (NPI) since EP is out of the tie game, is Vanda's Rust Linen, which also comes in multiple colors. Highly recommened for summer.
applky's outfit was boss. Ace. The bee's knees.

The tie was great too. Since you mentioned it, here's a Post Imperial Linen Adire dyed tie I picked up that I'm gonna wear some day with my Ep/Southwick Navy Seersucker Suit:
IMG_20170628_200758.jpg

IMG_20170628_200723.jpg

Still haven't had a tailor adjust the suit yet. Dang it I'm lazy!

laughter95

Reaction score
Any plans on making sandow pants in other colors? I am finding myself wanting to wear my navy sandow pants to work every day. Need a size 34 but the khaki ones are OOS.

Also, would you consider switching the button pocket? I might prefer my wallet be secured with a button sometimes, which I always put in my back right pocket. I don't need to have anything secured in the back left pocket.

Duke Silver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I too would be very interested in a waffle knit henley. One of those things that you remember from high school as being so great, yet are invariable disappointed in the current iterations. Like suede Gazelles or Wu-Tang solo albums (please note the discipline it took to not make a crude sexual joke here).

A return of the t's would be great too. Personally, I'd rather see a pale blue than white as those still have enough contrast to look great w/ jeans, but never end up looking like you stepped out of the house in an undershirt. I'm not toned enough to make an undershirt sexy.

stevenkmason

Reaction score
Hey Mike this might be a website issue or a factory thing but I wanted to at least ask to make sure.

The caramel duck canvas that I've been wanting for a while shows as available on the MADE TO ORDER TROUSERS COTTON DUCK CANVAS item but not the MTO Rivet Chinos item. What's going on there? Thanks!

CanadaCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They are not made at the same factory, they don't share fabric. And the Rivet MTO will reset and add new fabrics in about a month. HTH

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
So my office just changed dress code from ‘business casual’ to ‘smart casual’… using that as an excuse to pick up some of those fatigue sneakers at an incredible sale price.

I’m also expecting delivery of the Saffiano MTO sneakers soon too…

I need @Epaulet to send me this stuff disguised somehow, Mrs. Kingoflondon is going to either kill me or use as an excuse to buy herself even more shoes.

More and more these days I'm comfortable going to the office like this....
Single rinse and crammertons + clean sneakers. Especially in the heat of summer.

I have learned that the best way to combat the Mrs. is to jump online and buy her stuff periodically. Smooth sailing my friend. You'll be surprised what a new tank and workout tights will do. You should see my online Aritzia account :)

@kingoflondon @CanadaCal

Thanks for posting, and that fit looks rad CanadaCal!

In working out our future strategy, this is a huge consideration. The "Smart Casual" revolution is really happening. All of our development here in Los Angeles will be targeted in this direction. More and more, the concept of a nicely fit pair of chinos, minimal sneakers, and a casual jacket (sportcoat, doyle, field jacket) is a preferable standard to the usual business casual looks. That's our certainly our main direction at the moment.

I'm afraid of that place now. I went in there to buy a present once, they just have the weirdest sales staff. The girl helping me "modeled" the jacket for me and then asked me if the girl I was buying it for had bigger breasts than her or not. wtf?

@el es dee haha, I've never had such an experience there, but that's hilarious!

I think that buying small gifts for wives and girlfriends is pretty much a good strategy all of the time, regardless of what you're getting yourself. I've been married for 6 years and in a relationship for 12, so it's been working well so far.

FWIW, I really like Lululemon for gym clothing. I bought all of my gym shorts from them like 3 years ago and they're still going strong. Those technical t-shirts are good too.

@Epaulet / Mike - The trainers look sweet! Apologies, if I missed it, but regarding eyelets: does "blind eyelets" effectively mean "no eyelets?" or are they hidden?

Thanks!

@Subutai oh yes, blind means no eyelets.. just as shown on the samples.

Any plans on making sandow pants in other colors? I am finding myself wanting to wear my navy sandow pants to work every day. Need a size 34 but the khaki ones are OOS.

Also, would you consider switching the button pocket? I might prefer my wallet be secured with a button sometimes, which I always put in my back right pocket. I don't need to have anything secured in the back left pocket.

@laughter95 for the stock items, they're going to stay with just that pocket design. We'll soon have the Sandows restocked in Khaki, Navy, and Olive stretch cotton.

We'll also launch a new MTO program as well.. where you can custom order a Sandow in a whole range of fabrics. The online customizations will just be inseam hem and the option to remove the side seam taping. But we can certainly accommodate that pocket request for you as well. I think that the MTO items will carry a $25 surcharge, so figure $160 vs the typical $135. Should take about 4-6 weeks for delivery. This is going to be freaking huge.

@Epaulet - any chance of a waffle henley come fall? Seems like a basic that there should be tons of options for, but a lot are crap, even expensive ones (thin fabric, wonky fit, huge necks, etc.). Personally, they're one of my favorite things to layer with.

I too would be very interested in a waffle knit henley. One of those things that you remember from high school as being so great, yet are invariable disappointed in the current iterations. Like suede Gazelles or Wu-Tang solo albums (please note the discipline it took to not make a crude sexual joke here).

A return of the t's would be great too. Personally, I'd rather see a pale blue than white as those still have enough contrast to look great w/ jeans, but never end up looking like you stepped out of the house in an undershirt. I'm not toned enough to make an undershirt sexy.

@Klemins @Duke Silver

Thanks for the feedback guys! I'm sold on re-doing knits. We'll definitely bring in something for the Fall, and maybe I'll set up a poll. Whatever we do, it has to be distinct from other stuff out there.

I like the idea of a waffle knit, but TBH the ones we did were well priced and fit great, but they didn't really perform. Without shops to sell them in, I'm worried that they'll just hang out and never sell. If we do a more 4-season fabric and we offer it in basic colors, then it's not such a big deal if there's a slow stock turn. I can rationalize it as a support product to our Rivet Chinos.

Right now, I'm thinking to do a long sleeve henley in basic t-shirt cotton. We'd probably run 40 units in Navy, 40 units in white, and 40 units in "Blue De Travail." Might be a smart way to go, and our pricing can be very good on it.

razl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think that buying small gifts for wives and girlfriends is pretty much a good strategy all of the time

Especially when they are plural.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
CONTEST CONCEPTS

Hey guys, I'd love to ask your feedback on something. I love this thread for the sense of community and friendship, and I want to bring some of that feeling into our other social venues.. namely Instagram and Facebook. We've played around with the idea of sponsored contests a few times, but the implementation has proved really difficult.

For example, we ran a contest for Individualized Shirts a few months back. Anyone who bought an Individualized Shirt from us could submit a photograph for a contest held on Instagram. The winner received an MTO shirt valued at $175. The submissions were way less than we anticipated.. I think only about 8-10 guys actually entered. At the last count, we've sold Individualized Shirts to approximately 1,400 customers.

When it comes to our partner vendors, I can easily get free stuff sponsored. We can do a Hertling contest with free pants or a Southwick contest with a free Sportcoat. All of these factories are eager to get better social engagement. But it only works if people are going to participate.

What do you think? Is this an interesting idea? Maybe I'm limiting things too much to a single category? We'll most likely start doing a simple monthly award of $50 in store credit for the best monthly image that tagged with #epaulet. I feel that there used to be a lot of contests held on Styleforum around fits and such, but maybe the ease of FB and IG has kind of killed that concept. I'm open to any feedback that you guys have.

dalevy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm always down for contests (hell yeah trousers/SC). I just don't buy Individualized shirts. If the contest were more inclusive (based around a seasonal theme perhaps), that would probably generate more interest.

CONTEST CONCEPTS

Hey guys, I'd love to ask your feedback on something. I love this thread for the sense of community and friendship, and I want to bring some of that feeling into our other social venues.. namely Instagram and Facebook. We've played around with the idea of sponsored contests a few times, but the implementation has proved really difficult.

For example, we ran a contest for Individualized Shirts a few months back. Anyone who bought an Individualized Shirt from us could submit a photograph for a contest held on Instagram. The winner received an MTO shirt valued at $175. The submissions were way less than we anticipated.. I think only about 8-10 guys actually entered. At the last count, we've sold Individualized Shirts to approximately 1,400 customers.

When it comes to our partner vendors, I can easily get free stuff sponsored. We can do a Hertling contest with free pants or a Southwick contest with a free Sportcoat. All of these factories are eager to get better social engagement. But it only works if people are going to participate.

What do you think? Is this an interesting idea? Maybe I'm limiting things too much to a single category? We'll most likely start doing a simple monthly award of $50 in store credit for the best monthly image that tagged with #epaulet. I feel that there used to be a lot of contests held on Styleforum around fits and such, but maybe the ease of FB and IG has kind of killed that concept. I'm open to any feedback that you guys have.

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It might just be an issue of visibility for the contest. Of the 1400 people you sold to I wonder how many follow the IG page and knew about the giveaway. I know lots of people here knew about the contest but I personally never bought an individualized shirt yet so couldn't jump in.

I think the giveaways need to be a more simple call to action that anyone can do. The more quick engagement you can get the more opportunity you'll have to show up on people's feeds. Something that involves a repost on the participants end, call to action to involve friends to participate, or something like burzanhands (lmao shameless plug), all seem to be great ways in getting engagement and visibility on feeds.

Personally I'd love to win a sportcoat or shirt from those companies as I may not try them out otherwise since shipping and returns from Canada can be costly to try new brands.

I do like the idea of a possible monthly store credit giveaway for #epaulet. Gonna be tough to beat Marvaments pics haha. This is a nice way to keep your current customer base engaged and reward them for showing off the great items you sell.

Hope all that rambling makes sense, had to type quick on mobile but wanted to share some thoughts on it.

dupedd

Reaction score
Size 30 Rivets sold out again! Last few Rivet restocks I've been on the lookout and each time(the day of) my size sells out. Can you possibly order more of size 30 next time?

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Good advice, thanks guys!

I think yeah, we need to make it more inclusive. It's certainly easier to get a free prize when you base it on a specific category. Individualized will give away a shirt if there's a lot of quality photos of their products, but they're not going to be into it if there's a hundred pics of Rivet Chinos. But really.. who cares.. it's not a problem for me to just absorb that cost of the free custom shirt.

The monthly contest is certainly something that we need to do. I'm thinking one of two options for the prize:

1) $50 store credit
2) Hilarious custom trophy

I want the process to be fun, and not routine. We can put the top 10 images into a newsletter and announce the winner after the end of each month. There's a trophy place near me which is charmingly old school, and their products are rad. Maybe it's more fun to award a custom engraved trophy each month, with some kind of rad "World Cup" award for the end of the year. I can do a video talking about the photo and using my typical barrage of adjectives (bonkers, nutzo, etc). IDK, sometimes I think that this stuff is more entertaining than everyone else does, haha.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads