• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@Epaulet Are the Cancilni linen/cotton 'denim' shirts from IS machine washable? Never sure when there's linen involved.

@Duke Silver yes sir, you can wash both those and the pure linen shirts without a problem. Just keep them out of the dryer.

applky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice stable you have there! What size Gitman shirt did you order and how would you characterize fit? I fall between a Medium and a Large in OTR Epaulet shirts. Gracias.

Thanks! I find that the Gitman fit is TTS, and, as Mike has said, doesn't runs slim like New England does. I think it's probably safe to take your TTS size. Mike and others are the arbiters of fit, but going for the larger size is usually my inclination, as you can always have the body taken in and the sleeves taken up.

This being said, I didn't get any 100% linen shirts, and with some makers (not all) 100% linen shirts can run large. I'd check in with some of the other thread people to see about that.

@Epaulet Are the Cancilni linen/cotton 'denim' shirts from IS machine washable? Never sure when there's linen involved.

I cold wash/delicates cycle mine and hang dry them. Woolite is my detergent of choice but I think regular detergents are probably fine; I'd just avoid the detergents with bleach or stain removers built in.

Also, I do use fabric conditioner (not softener) on my linen and cotton-linen shirts in the wash with the soap and find it works very well if you find linen irritating when you sweat.

novaeagle

Reaction score
So I bought a couple pairs of Sandow chinos to try. I know a lot of people on this thread are probably hoping for some non-staged images, so I hope someone finds these "robo-pose" shots useful. Please excuse the rest of my attire, I was about to go to the gym when I realized I had this package waiting on me.

The khaki pair is a size 32, and the navy pair is a size 33. The navy pair has a bit of pocket flare going on but that's mostly because the waistband is loose enough to cause a "dip" in the front which creates the flare. For those of us that have a large hip to waist ratio, the rise is definitely much appreciated. As you can see in the photos, any lower rise would put me precariously into plumber's territory sitting down.

I'm having a bit of trouble deciding if I can rock the 32s or if I need to size up to a 33 and have the waist adjusted. Note these haven't been "stretched out" at all, and I'm pretty sure Mike stated they loosened up after 10-20 minutes of wear, so I'm leaning towards the 32s.

For reference, my thigh is a measly 23.75", and I'll have to get back to you guys on my hip measurement.

Please excuse the horrible photo quality, as you can tell they were taken with an iPhone.

8EE23335-9A21-46DC-892D-DC9AC9754D88.PNG

75071797-785F-4FBA-A5A8-D83CB887F991.PNG

A84350E5-C468-4CBD-A8C4-E5D6006C299C.PNG

C43CFFCF-30A1-42DD-B905-6E011735A1AE.PNG

7013DA32-F849-4EC8-BC0D-68FE1C555F21.PNG

602DBB25-C3C2-4A70-8DB4-5F0A49806F17.PNG

2D28F5C1-594F-4D06-A156-4CAC1E79AE4F.PNG

A5F55896-0443-4F17-95A6-23D9810FC437.PNG

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@novaeagle thanks for posting the pics... they look good! The pocket flare will calm down on both of them after you wear them around a bit.

I'd say to keep the 32 on in the house for about 15 minutes and then see how it feels. It definitely relaxes quite a bit. Going forward, I'm actually going to keep the stretch Sandows unwashed. They don't shrink at all with the wash.. they just contract a bit and it makes the initial try on seem smaller than the design actually is. The fabric is already so soft that it also doesn't need softening.

juven

Reaction score
E-mailed back and forth earlier in the day and decided to go the route of the E-Z fit with custom order mods on a pair of these and wondered if I should order tonight and revise tomorrow via e-mail to make sure the fabric I want doesnt' get snapped up.

Hey guys, we're running a great promo with Hertling...
Single_Cuts_Leader_grande.png

Epaulet & Hertling Single Cuts Promotion

We're going to launch this tomorrow and I'm building out the fabrics as we speak. Pricing is going to be $165 on cottons, $185 on linens, and $195 for wools. We have 50 fabrics in all. You choose the waist size and the fit.. everything else is made with stock details. And unlike EFF, we'll send the orders as soon as they come through, so you'll get a quick turnaround on it.

It won't be emailed until tomorrow morning, so you guys have first dibs on everything. Each fabric has just one unit available. Someone should definitely order that Pale Stone Merino Wool, it's freaking amazing!

chrispy650

Reaction score
I got my indigo REDA hopsack pants in today. My god these things are so awesome. Instantly became my favorite pair of pants. Also first time getting a Rudy fit which is perfect. Guess I've finally grown into the Rudys and now Sandows from the walts/rivets.

RuleOfRescue

Reaction score
I got my indigo REDA hopsack pants in today. My god these things are so awesome. Instantly became my favorite pair of pants. Also first time getting a Rudy fit which is perfect. Guess I've finally grown into the Rudys and now Sandows from the walts/rivets.

Arrgh, don't I know it. Those Indigo REDA's are awesome. I'm anxiously awaiting the remainder of the REDA stock to be sent - I grabbed a pair in grey. Enjoy them!

tv2177

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the more I look at the Gitman EFF the more I am leaning pulling the trigger on the Ecru & Pastel...decisions decisions...

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
MUSEUM CALF VIDEOS

Hey guys, I totally forgot that I left out the link to our Medium.com presentation on the Museum Calf footwear project. There's HD videos of the leather colors and lots of pretty pics from the factory and its environs.

Also, if anyone has a fit photo of their museum calf sneakers or combat boots, I'd be really grateful if you could post it here! I'm hyping the project on Reddit and a few members there have asked to see pics "in the wild."

@chrispy650 excellent... glad to hear that you're so pleased with them! Welcome to the Rudy/Sandow club!

Arrgh, don't I know it. Those Indigo REDA's are awesome. I'm anxiously awaiting the remainder of the REDA stock to be sent - I grabbed a pair in grey. Enjoy them!

@RuleOfRescue just got another box of specials in this morning, we're going to pound through them tomorrow and try to get everything sent out.

Sweaters look great! Likely go for the bark colour.

@CanadaCal fantastic.. glad that you like them! They really came out brilliant, I'll write a bunch of notes on the project for you guys.

the more I look at the Gitman EFF the more I am leaning pulling the trigger on the Ecru & Pastel...decisions decisions...

@tv2177 oh that one is awesome, easily one of my favorites. Generally the linen blends that Gitman stocks are all really high end.

Doktor Corn

Reaction score
Would you ever consider making the Taylors/Gables with a slightly wider leg? From the front all my pants look absolutely perfect but from the sides I get a dropoff from my prominent seat and some diagonal lines down the backs of my thighs. It might sound like nit-picking but these are the best pants I've ever owned and I'm up to 18 pairs now. I'm also wondering if anything could be done to alter what I already own to minimize this; I haven't asked my tailor about it since I assume the cost would be prohibitive and that it likely can't be done anyway.

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
MUSEUM CALF VIDEOS

Hey guys, I totally forgot that I left out the link to our Medium.com presentation on the Museum Calf footwear project. There's HD videos of the leather colors and lots of pretty pics from the factory and its environs.

Also, if anyone has a fit photo of their museum calf sneakers or combat boots, I'd be really grateful if you could post it here! I'm hyping the project on Reddit and a few members there have asked to see pics "in the wild."

@chrispy650 excellent... glad to hear that you're so pleased with them! Welcome to the Rudy/Sandow club!

@RuleOfRescue just got another box of specials in this morning, we're going to pound through them tomorrow and try to get everything sent out.

@CanadaCal fantastic.. glad that you like them! They really came out brilliant, I'll write a bunch of notes on the project for you guys.

@tv2177 oh that one is awesome, easily one of my favorites. Generally the linen blends that Gitman stocks are all really high end.

There's a level of dopeness captured in the videos to which static photos cannot do justice. I realize we're looking at a ~5-month window before these are delivered, but I cannot overstate how stoked I am for these.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads