• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

1wb

Reaction score

@Todd V
 @Michigan Planner

For existing customers like you guys... where you already own some garments from us and we can be confident that one of the Individualized blanks is going to work.. would you be open to trying on sample shirts at home and corresponding with us via email?

I can size people with pictures really well, and I can use either the Individualized fit samples (best) or any stock Epaulet shirt (still works very well).

I'm thinking that we can roll out a program like that. We tried it in the past with trousers, and the problem was keeping track of the pants and getting them back. What we could do, in a conservative way, is....

1) A known customer or Styleforum member wants to try out a custom Individualized Shirt

2) They commit to a certain fabric and purchase that. We then send out the "starter kit" with both forward & return shipping paid. So you'd have to buy at least one shirt to do the process. 

3) You get the shirts and try them on at home. We advise your sizing based on emails and feedback. You drop the samples into the mail and we can send them to another customer after. 

What do you guys think?

Yes to a try-on shirt - AND SUITING - program. I would gladly pay $15-25 whatever it would be for shipping both ways to have a try-on option.

metranger8694

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
X-post from Alden thread.

Alden Dark Regina Grain Chukka on T.B.and (still unhemmed!) Ep. Tobacco Twords:

More true boot color:

danield

Reaction score
I was interested in a pair of the White Tennis Trainers, but I'm not certain how I should size for them.

I generally wear a 12 US in most shoes, including Nike and Vans sneakers (11.5 US for Chuck Taylors), but that seems to convert to a 45.5 EU on the website, when I've tried on 45 EU margom soled sneakers before that fit alright.

Any advice as to which I should go for?

Thanks!

bkotsko

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Epaulet
I had to do an Individualized custom shirt, because the standard shirting doesnt fit me.
The old ashland fit was good, as it was slightly more easy or relaxed fit. When I size up on other fits, they are just a no go.
That is my biggest complaint about the stock shirting.
I cant really buy any stock for that reason.
I am not that big either.

Patrick R

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was interested in a pair of the White Tennis Trainers, but I'm not certain how I should size for them.

I generally wear a 12 US in most shoes, including Nike and Vans sneakers (11.5 US for Chuck Taylors), but that seems to convert to a 45.5 EU on the website, when I've tried on 45 EU margom soled sneakers before that fit alright.

Any advice as to which I should go for?

Thanks!

I wear 12 in Nike and Vans, 11.5 in Chuck Taylors, and I wear an US 11.5 / EU 45 in Epaulet. No guarantee, but that's the size I'd get.

pistolero

Reaction score
As a long time Epaulet customer and someone who doesn't fit into basically any OTR shirt, I was excited about the IS program and love to hear that it might be expanded!

My only feedback is that I would like to suggest adding more button options. The current offerings are okay but very limited.

FLW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Epaulet

I agree with what basically everyone has said so far. There doesn't seem to be a need for GV or NESC moving forward. Made in the USA is not nearly the draw that it was five or six years ago, obviously.

The one piece collar on the Porto shirts sounds pretty fantastic if you can get guys to bite on the price. Those collars have a cult following and are usually only offered through baller Italian brands, so maybe you can pull some people in at roughly half the price.

I think hammering IS is also a great idea. Ledbury sells shirts for $125-160 and Eton seems to get some traction at $150-250 (how much they overlap with EPs target customer is debatable, but it proves that there is a strong market somewhere out there in that price range) with nothing but stock options and good but not amazing detail/finishing. Paying for one shirt up front in exchange for a trial shirt and fitting advice sounds like a solid idea, too.

Last edited:

justinkapur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I havent bought many shirts, I think only 2. I bought one individualized and one EFF. My EFF will be delivered tomorrow but my individualized is probably one of my best fitting and one of my more favorite shirts. The salt wash shirts have caught my attention and when I confirm EFF shirts fit I will probably end up buying more shirts.

I know Mike and I have talked about it but I love the outerwear choices that Epaulet offers and I cant wait to see what will be available in the next few months!

Patrick R

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

etostano

Reaction score
The IS program is great - the only MTM shirts I've had that both fit well (sadly not a given) and have buttons my cleaners doesn't destroy (MOP looks great but it's so much more fragile than stock IS buttons!).

My one request for SS17 is cotton/linen blend fabric (not at a luxe price point) in basic colors/patterns - was really hoping to get something like that last year but never saw any come across in the swatches.

fairlynerdy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

@Todd V
 @Michigan Planner

For existing customers like you guys... where you already own some garments from us and we can be confident that one of the Individualized blanks is going to work.. would you be open to trying on sample shirts at home and corresponding with us via email?

I can size people with pictures really well, and I can use either the Individualized fit samples (best) or any stock Epaulet shirt (still works very well).

I'm thinking that we can roll out a program like that. We tried it in the past with trousers, and the problem was keeping track of the pants and getting them back. What we could do, in a conservative way, is....

1) A known customer or Styleforum member wants to try out a custom Individualized Shirt

2) They commit to a certain fabric and purchase that. We then send out the "starter kit" with both forward & return shipping paid. So you'd have to buy at least one shirt to do the process. 

3) You get the shirts and try them on at home. We advise your sizing based on emails and feedback. You drop the samples into the mail and we can send them to another customer after. 

What do you guys think?

I think this is a cool idea and I agree that it would be interesting to do for suiting as well. Also, +1 for Boston trunk show.

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

@Epaulet
, whatever you do with shirts, you definitely need to hook me up with the ability to buy some more speckled chambray shirts (http://epauletnewyork.com/products/epaulet-by-new-england-washed-heavyweight-speckled-chambray-shirt). And those chambrays you made with Individualized for "Christopher Wallace" (like he'd fit into my XLs) are un-*******-beatable (http://epauletnewyork.com/products/natural-indigo-pima-cotton-chambray). I want more of each. Please?!

These are good points. If these or similar fabrics could be available through IS, that would be great. I don't think they are in the $110 shirt biz, but maybe at the $165 level. Another case in point was that washed white Chambray that you offered maybe two seasons ago. It was one of the lower cost shirts.

Great fabric. Would have that made up in a nice IS shirt...

And that one piece collar gets more and more intriguing. Was not aware of it's baller-ness (@FLW), and perhaps it's the kind of thing that at the right price would get the EP brand some good press and some new customers who like the style.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads