• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CanadaCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I also take. 33 in both old and new rivet. New rivet is so much better IMO. stick with the same size. If the waist is a hair big hit them in the dryer once. Ends up perfect. I do the same with duck driggs 33.

Mghart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm a 33 in the new/old rivet/driggs/walt. The new rivet cut is great although I find myself switching over mostly to walts and maybe even rudys at some point as I'm really preferring a slightly higher rise these days.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@Epaulet might have missed it, but will the suede blouson or new cafe racer leather jackets be coming up for pre-order? considering going in on one of those

Also interested in this - I can't remember though, was the blouson going to be a pre-order?

@JR Magat @avsmusic1 no stress, this isn't a preorder. The suede blousons are finishing up this week, should hopefully be here by end of next week. We'll have 24 units available.

I'll have a bunch of samples to show you guys for Fall jackets too.

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I also take. 33 in both old and new rivet. New rivet is so much better IMO. stick with the same size. If the waist is a hair big hit them in the dryer once. Ends up perfect. I do the same with duck driggs 33.

I'm a 33 in the new/old rivet/driggs/walt. The new rivet cut is great although I find myself switching over mostly to walts and maybe even rudys at some point as I'm really preferring a slightly higher rise these days.

Thanks guys, the 33 old Rivets fit me best so I will stick to that for the new I like the dryer idea if they are a little big. I actually did that with the 34s to make them work.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Last edited:

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That Cardiff boot is the money.

Don L

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow, that Alt Wien made up better than I thought. Happy to be getting a pair
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Callusing

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just got my Bison Calgary boots...and these things are bad ass. The pictures didn't even come close to doing the leather or the last justice...it's sleeker than I expected, and the leather is a lot more subtle, which I think makes it a lot more interesting. And on feet, they look as tough as any boots I've seen. Excellent work on these...if I'd only had a chance to see them in person sooner, I would've jumped on them earlier. (Though I sure can't complain about the price I got!) These are my first pair of Epaulet footwear (actually my first Epaulet purchase!), but they sure won't be my last.

Which leads me to a general note - is it possible to get straight-on profile shots of Epaulet's own shoes and boots in the future? It'd be a huge help for me in getting a sense of how the shapes compare to other footwear, since so many other brands and retailers always have at least one shot directly to the side of the shoe. I thought the Calgary was a bulkier last than it turned out to be, but that's largely because the photos just made it look that way. Dayton has the same issue. After being so surprisingly impressed by the Calgaries, I'd hate for anybody else to mis-perceive the shape of a last and hesitate to purchase like I did. And we all know that amazing product shots can drive sales, too...(*cough*)

Also, I missed the mention before of a suede blouson coming. Very psyched. Can't wait to see the jackets.

Oh, and I'm seriously digging the Cardiffs, too.
biggrin.gif

Last edited:

Mghart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The cardiffs really are a winner. All eyelets looks great in the brass and I love the medallion.

unclesam099

Reaction score
RE: Loopwheel tees and longsleeves in particular. Just got a size L in the long sleeve and they are a little tight - do they tend to "relax" a little bit with wear? I wore one mowing the lawn and it did get slightly looser with wear. I'm considering buying the henley 3 pack, but XL is the one one left and I'm afraid that they'll be a little too big, especially once it stretches a little bit.

Thanks!

applky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All eyelets looks great in the brass and I love the medallion.

I know, that plaza last medallion on the alt wien boot is amazing. My understanding is that Alden only does that ram's head medallion on the Plaza last. Such a winner.

All you SoCal guys who want to show support for the L.A. Rams, that's your boot.

lifeinabox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

All you SoCal guys who want to show support for the L.A. Rams, that's your boot.

I like the way you think! Just need to try it on the wife, "Look, Honey. My new tailgating boots!"

Dipped into the 60's today so EP Wyatt, moleskin and Tauntons with some port flannel underneath. I'm not much of a denim head but the Wyatt is such a fantastic jacket and super soft.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads