• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks for the well-wishes everyone! We'll keep you updated with everything as it progresses.

The Trunk Show was pretty hectic, and I sadly didn't get any photos during it. However, one of our customers (and friends) stopped by with the most amazing outfit of "perfectly aged" Epaulet gear. He rides his motorcycle all over LA and has put an incredible amount of wear on this stuff.

Check it out:

And the original of this jacket... (2013 production)

And now the Wilshire Jean...

vs. the original...

And look at the Loden Tennis Trainers...

Crazy shade of olive compared to out-of-the-box...

Last edited:

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
^ I'm not really a fan of leather jackets but the patina on that example is amazing!

It's stunning. He runs the real risk of being jacket-jacked by a RRL designer. And the jacket has a funny story. It was a sad casualty of the California sunshine, and one sleeve was noticably faded from the window.

I sold it to this customer at a very steep discount. At the time, he told me that he wasn't concerned. Turns out that sun-fading isn't all that noticable any longer.

Last edited:

MattPol

Reaction score
You should see how amazing my 2-Stroke Indy's look these days. Talk about aging well.

Very bummed you're leaving Cobble Hill.

mothball

Reaction score

Thanks for the well-wishes everyone! We'll keep you updated with everything as it progresses. The Trunk Show was pretty hectic, and I sadly didn't get any photos during it. However, one of our customers (and friends) stopped by with the most amazing outfit of "perfectly aged" Epaulet gear. He rides his motorcycle all over LA and has put an incredible amount of wear on this stuff. Check it out:
Holy crap.

tricky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All EP...

cyclohexane

Reaction score

However, one of our customers (and friends) stopped by with the most amazing outfit of "perfectly aged" Epaulet gear. He rides his motorcycle all over LA and has put an incredible amount of wear on this stuff. Check it out:
I'm about to stick all my leather goods outside in the California sun...

theh00d

Reaction score
West coast the best coast

Now I don't have to fly across the country anymore.
Still have to drive down from the bay area though but worth!!

StanleyVanBuren

Thumb Raider
Reaction score
Los Angeles Office Opening

No, your eyes do not deceive you. And we have not time-traveled back to 2013. Adele & I are (once again) moving to Los Angeles. But this time for real!
As @Michigan Planner said, our online business is around 90% of our overall revenue. The stores are great, but they’re more of a showroom for the website then they are a standalone business. And it’s simply more valuable to have a presence on both coasts then to have two stores that are 15 min away from each other. Plus we’re moving here for our family. My daughter is only 2 years old, but she told me that she wants to surf. And eat better tacos. What other choice did we have!

Adele & I are moving out to Cali in July and the office is planned to open by September. When it’s up and running, this will be our main fulfillment center and a West Coast showroom. It won’t be a storefront on the ground level. This will be a comfortable place and a destination. It will be semi-open to the public, but you can always make an appointment to see merchandise in person and be sized for custom shirts, pants, suits, etc. We’ll have an open house on every Saturday (called “Studio Saturdays”) with beer and 90’s rap. Anyone can drop by to just hang out and talk shop. Right now we’re planning to have the office in the Culver City area, but that may change somewhat.

wakawaka

Reaction score
Brooklyn Store Closing

This weekend (4/16 & 4/17) will be the last two days of Epaulet Brooklyn. We’ll hold a clearance sale from 11AM to 7PM on both days and all merchandise will be price $10 to $250. They’ll be plenty of high end things like leather jackets and shoes that start with “A.” - not to mention wacko samples, overcast, and old stuff. It’s definitely worth the trip from out of town. Please note that the sale is cash only and everything is final sale with NO exceptions.

Why oh why can't this be online; boy, do I need an Epaulet leather jacket, and shoes that start with "A."
frown.gif
... *chlip* (translation from my Slavic mother tongue: *sniff*)

eljlakers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As an LA native, all I can say is more Mike and Adele in SoCal can only be a good thing. Look forward to stopping by on a Saturday when visiting the folks. You guys are so rad. Great store, great stuff, great peeps.

Last edited:

StanleyVanBuren

Thumb Raider
Reaction score
Culver City being accessible by Metro makes a huge difference as well.

Plus we'll once again have Father's Office within walking distance (probably/hopefully).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 37.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads