• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CanadaCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Done. Just picked up 3 shirts. The Albini Blue Circle Print, the Indigo Two-Tone Gingham Oxford and the Boo Berry Japanese Madras in long sleeves.

I've got no problem unbuttoning the button downs for "Sprezz" socially but in a medical office would it look sloppy????
Good choices. And no it won't look sloppy. As long as the collar lays properly over the button, no one will even notice that its a button down. Plus these are all pretty busy patterns so the button holes in the collar will hardly be seen.

CanadaCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well after a short detour though Oklahoma (go USPS!) Loden FJ has arrived. Might be my favourite purchase in a long while... Really dumb I didn't buy it earlier because I could have wore the **** out of it this pseudo winter.

Bonus is that my wife really likes it too, says its one of her favourite pieces I have. So you know that Black canvas is coming home eventually...
tongue.gif

Last edited:

Racing Green

Reaction score
Couple of crappy quick iphone shots of my Platinum Slubby EFF linen rivets. They're fantastic and (amazingly) I got the fit spot on.

Don L

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good day today. My chasmere chinos come in today and I just ordered the cream and navy windowpane linens. All I need now is another EFF Southwick event.
biggrin.gif
Love to see pics of the cashmere rivet
nod[1].gif

Brigzy

Reaction score
Since it's April Fools, Mike, is there any word on the drop date for the Ryden x Epaulet x Alden?
:deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse:

Cheers and have a good weekend!

fairlynerdy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just got my Olive Spring Corduroy EFFs. Mike (or others), what's the recommendation for cleaning --- cold water wash or dry clean? They seem thin / somewhat delicate, and the tag says dry clean (though I think they sometimes say that even when not necessary).

Want to get any shrinkage taken care of so I can get them tailored and into the rotation!

metranger8694

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Good choices.  And no it won't look sloppy.  As long as the collar lays properly over the button, no one will even notice that its a button down.  Plus these are all pretty busy patterns so the button holes in the collar will hardly be seen. 

Thanks for the advice!

And your Loden FJ looks great.

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Epaulet I've been waffling back and forth on the khaki canvas field jacket still. It's probably too warm for me to consider getting another jacket right now, but it got me thinking...any chance you will consider doing a linen version of the field jacket? That would probably suit my needs a little better than the cotton duck canvas. Something in this same khaki color would be awesome.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

@Epaulet I've been waffling back and forth on the khaki canvas field jacket still. It's probably too warm for me to consider getting another jacket right now, but it got me thinking...any chance you will consider doing a linen version of the field jacket? That would probably suit my needs a little better than the cotton duck canvas. Something in this same khaki color would be awesome.

Linen field jacket sounds like it's getting into 1980s Banana Republic territory.

Also, love the windowpane EFF jacket. Great makeup.

Thefenceposts

Reaction score
For MTO Rivets, is there any way to specify that the pockets be cut like the cramerton pockets are cut? button through on the right side, besom on the left?

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
For MTO Rivets, is there any way to specify that the pockets be cut like the cramerton pockets are cut? button through on the right side, besom on the left?

Yeah, we can certainly do that. I'll add in a comments field to the Rivet MTO items, you can add that in as a request.

@Beatlegeuse I'm with you on a linen field jacket being rad, but honestly, it's not something that I'd probably make.

When we did Field Jackets, our minimums are pretty large - like the Doyle. But it's not a huge deal as they're very versatile. Guys can buy them in the Spring and the Fall. I actually sold three Moleskin jackets last week, and we're getting close to the end of the season for that.

But linen is strictly Spring/Summer only, and would probably put the price point in the mid-to-high $300's. And there's probably no way that we would sell a linen field jacket better than a sportcoat in the same fabric.

But that said, I'd definitely encourage you to give the duck jacket a try for Florida. I think that it works pretty well there. It breathes nicely - although not as well as linen - and I like wearing mine in warmer weather.

Just got my Olive Spring Corduroy EFFs. Mike (or others), what's the recommendation for cleaning --- cold water wash or dry clean? They seem thin / somewhat delicate, and the tag says dry clean (though I think they sometimes say that even when not necessary).

Want to get any shrinkage taken care of so I can get them tailored and into the rotation!

@fairlynerdy cold wash / hang-dry will be no problemo with those

Since it's April Fools, Mike, is there any word on the drop date for the Ryden x Epaulet x Alden?
deadhorse-a.gif
deadhorse-a.gif
deadhorse-a.gif

Cheers and have a good weekend!

@Brigzy haha, nothing yet, but I promise that you guys will be the first to know!

Well after a short detour though Oklahoma (go USPS!) Loden FJ has arrived. Might be my favourite purchase in a long while... Really dumb I didn't buy it earlier because I could have wore the **** out of it this pseudo winter.

Bonus is that my wife really likes it too, says its one of her favourite pieces I have. So you know that Black canvas is coming home eventually...
tongue.gif

@CanadaCal excellent - glad that you're pleased with it! And we're happy when wives are happy!

Done. Just picked up 3 shirts. The Albini Blue Circle Print, the Indigo Two-Tone Gingham Oxford and the Boo Berry Japanese Madras in long sleeves.

I've got no problem unbuttoning the button downs for "Sprezz" socially but in a medical office would it look sloppy????

@metranger8694 great choices on those! And I think an unbuttoned BD collar, especially in fabrics like that, is totally fine in an office. With the Circle Print, you will be the very epitome of Sprezzzz...

8 track umber tweed:

So I still need to get the sleeves finished but I had the waist taken in locally and just threw it on for a quick photo as several members asked about the final product. Very happy with how this came out! Thanks Mike.

@SouthNarc Wow! That jacket made up so rad!

Hey Mike, where does the fabric on that Persian Blue linen shirt hail from?

Mine is a bit scratchy and stiff compared to the other linens in my wardrobe. I'm hoping it'll soften up with wear, but I reckon the stiffness might help in the heat!

@ino68 good question, I'm actually not sure. It was "on sale" from Gitman Bros, hence the lower price on it. Given the hand, I'm pretty sure that it's from Ireland. It will definitely soften with wear. Will probably wear like a tank.

CLTesquire

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Epaulet for future shirt promotions, if I have exhaustive measurements for a dress shirt that fits me very well (taken from one of the online MTM places I've used) can I just give you guys the measurements in lieu of the standard sizing that you use?

AloysiusSF

Reaction score
Hi guys - based on a couple comments up above on New England Shirt Sizing - is the makeup of a New England shirt any different from EPNY? I own so many shirts by you guys, I can't recall which is which.

I *think* it's possible my New England shirts run a touch smaller than EPNY, and based on the comments in the thread seems like this might be the case? Just wanted to get some more feedback on this before putting in a couple more orders on New England Ends for Friends. Any insight would be much appreciated!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads