• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

trig

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Epaulet hey mike,

Donl's pair just reminded me, but did all the color 8 alt wiens come in?

MSchapiro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@applky Linen shirts definitely make up a bit larger on average. If you think about the fabric, it's more open and heavier than a light cotton and tends to be blousy. You'll never have that really sharp fit with linen. But you shouldn't try to IMO, that slightly relaxed look is a pretty key part of the style. Look at the shape on this pic:

versus this cotton shirt...

Same cut pattern, same measurements, but a much more relaxed profile on the linen. It's really part of the feeling, and on a hot day, the last thing that you want is a skin-tight woven garment.

All of the linens are really luxe - but the Albini ones in particular are amazing. About as soft as a linen can be.

And BTW - thanks to everyone buying that Albini circle print! I love that fabric. I was a little worried that no one would be into it, but it's actually one of the more popular options.
How much larger?

FLW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

XS fits me perfectly but is tight on the chest. If it's half a size I'll prob change my order from S to XS. 
I'd say that is a good idea so long as "tight in the chest" means that it is wearable but could be looser. If it means that ths shirt is uncomfortable or that you avoid it due to said tightness, then go S.

Linens may make up larger but remember that it doesn't really stretch at all.

ino68

Reaction score

@applky
 Linen shirts definitely make up a bit larger on average. If you think about the fabric, it's more open and heavier than a light cotton and tends to be blousy. You'll never have that really sharp fit with linen. But you shouldn't try to IMO, that slightly relaxed look is a pretty key part of the style. Look at the shape on this pic: 

versus this cotton shirt...

Same cut pattern, same measurements, but a much more relaxed profile on the linen. It's really part of the feeling, and on a hot day, the last thing that you want is a skin-tight woven garment. 

All of the linens are really luxe - but the Albini ones in particular are amazing. About as soft as a linen can be. 

And BTW - thanks to everyone buying that Albini circle print! I love that fabric. I was a little worried that no one would be into it, but it's actually one of the more popular options. 

Hey Mike, where does the fabric on that Persian Blue linen shirt hail from?

Mine is a bit scratchy and stiff compared to the other linens in my wardrobe. I'm hoping it'll soften up with wear, but I reckon the stiffness might help in the heat!

SouthNarc

Reaction score
8 track umber tweed:

So I still need to get the sleeves finished but I had the waist taken in locally and just threw it on for a quick photo as several members asked about the final product. Very happy with how this came out! Thanks Mike.

Last edited:

SouthNarc

Reaction score

Maybe it's your pose or the photo, but is your jacket too small in the shoulders?

I think it's just the pose. My left rotator cuff is torqued up right now, so that's why my left arm is kinda' flared out.

Last edited:

metranger8694

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
0.jpg

@metranger8694 haha, there's no b**** slapping here - I'm with you on the point collar love!

Thing is, we can only offer a single collar design in order to get this pricing, and the BD is far and away the most popular. So for this particular batch, that's the only option. We wouldn't be able to omit the buttons, but you can always wear the collar unbuttoned. That said, I am working out a small program with New England where in-season shirts can be custom made with collars and length alterations.
I have done it before but I thought unbuttoned button down collars was a major sartorial faux pas!???

Last edited:

metranger8694

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have done it before but I thought unbuttoned button down collars was a major sartorial faux pas!???

Done. Just picked up 3 shirts. The Albini Blue Circle Print, the Indigo Two-Tone Gingham Oxford and the Boo Berry Japanese Madras in long sleeves.

I've got no problem unbuttoning the button downs for "Sprezz" socially but in a medical office would it look sloppy????

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jamalrahimany