• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
luxe charcoal herringbone and natural indigo linen in the cart. That seems like it should cover a lot of bases

kwanon

Reaction score
Let me know what you guys think of the videos. We're re-doing quite a bit of the new website and I'm thinking about integrating a section for vimeo into every product detail. It's pretty easy to shoot them. I'm able to offer personal thoughts and notes here, but routine visitors to the site never really see that. So I'm thinking that this can be a good way to get our personality apart and show off details that you can't capture in still photography. But we don't really have the capacity to make the videos very polished or edited.
I really liked the videos. Particularly helpful with patterned/textured fabrics to show scale. The watch helps a lot, but seeing it from some distance--on a human scale, and with a much larger swatch--is really nice too. Also gives a great idea of how soft/flexible it will be.

novaeagle

Reaction score
Hey epaulet, I sent an email, but I'll ask on here. I love some of the khyber cloth fabrics you have for the walts and was wanting to pick up a couple, but bought an existing pair of your RTW cotton walts to verify my fit first (as I've only bought rivets).

What are the changes they're still in stock by the time I get a chance to try them on and place an order?

CanadaCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really liked the videos. Particularly helpful with patterned/textured fabrics to show scale. The watch helps a lot, but seeing it from some distance--on a human scale, and with a much larger swatch--is really nice too. Also gives a great idea of how soft/flexible it will be.

I too loved the videos. And feel like @FrankCowperwood ; sitting in my office thinking, if someone walks in and sees me smiling at a video about fabric, I'll never live this one down...

Todd V

Reaction score

I'm at...like... a 27" inseam so the pockets going to be at my ankle.

Mike -- do they place the pocket relative to the inseam requested?

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
luxe charcoal herringbone and natural indigo linen in the cart. That seems like it should cover a lot of bases

@rydenfan ace choices right there - that's what I'd pick for you.

@kwanon excellent! We're going to go forward with that, especially with Individualized swatches from now on. I'll probably do it with footwear too. I'll try to work out some kind of standard way of shooting, maybe with very low background music.

Hey epaulet, I sent an email, but I'll ask on here. I love some of the khyber cloth fabrics you have for the walts and was wanting to pick up a couple, but bought an existing pair of your RTW cotton walts to verify my fit first (as I've only bought rivets).

What are the changes they're still in stock by the time I get a chance to try them on and place an order?

@novaeagle that'll be no problem at all, I think that we'll have every color of Khyber Cloth throughout the full season. It's really just the pure linens and REDA Hopsacks that will probably run out sooner than later. The factory is conservative with how they stock linen and REDA has a huge six-month reorder window.

I'm at...like... a 27" inseam so the pockets going to be at my ankle.

Mike -- do they place the pocket relative to the inseam requested?

@Todd V yes, for a 27" inseam they would scale their placement of the cargo.

clarksdb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Epaulet

What mid to light grey (not too light) wool trouser MTO spring fabrics would you recommend for Taylor cut?

I am going to go with the REDA charcoal most likely and need a lighter grey for a 2nd trouser..

Last edited:

cdecoy

Reaction score
Will the Fresco fabrics be making a return for MTO? Really want a pair of Taylors in a Brown Fresco.

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@Epaulet

What mid to light grey (not too light) wool trouser MTO spring fabrics would you recommend for Taylor cut?

I am going to go with the REDA charcoal most likely and need a lighter grey for a 2nd trouser..

I think that grey broken pinstripe would make a really nice choice. The corduroy flannel looks pretty bonkers but not sure if thats too dark a shade for you?

aldenfan

Reaction score
I'm glad to hear these are rolling out as well, since I ordered a cord suit and would love the chance to wear it a few times before spring hits.
I'm willing to bet that is going to turn out awesome. If I had seen the cord and thought clearly I would have ordered one too.

eljlakers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Loden Walts in action. So warm, so soft.

aldenfan

Reaction score
If you go to the Fed Ex website, there's link in the left column to "Access FedEx Delivery Manager." One of the options is "Hold at Fed Ex Location," which gives you a list of available locations. I'm not sure how it works elsewhere, but when I do this, the package is always there by 10:00 AM.
+1. And some stores are open pretty late. I've started to do this regularly since the distribution center is a long drive but I can have my packages held at a store that is 5 min from me and that is open until around 10pm I believe. The distribution center closes I think around 6pm.

lifeinabox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

+1. And some stores are open pretty late. I've started to do this regularly since the distribution center is a long drive but I can have my packages held at a store that is 5 min from me and that is open until around 10pm I believe. The distribution center closes I think around 6pm.

I do this to preserve my marriage.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To those who have received your EFF Suits/Jackets from Southwick already - did you receive shipping confirmation / tracking first, or did the box just arrive at your door?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads