• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

badsha

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What do we do for measurements for the Individualized MTO shirts? When I ordered, only fabric purchased was available.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

@EP Dylan
 are those FC high sneakers going online soon?

Good timing! I just put them up in new arrivals about 10 minutes ago. Working on today's newsletter and then getting on a plane in 2 hours. Trying to keep it real!

Mad real!

What's the approx price point on the shell sneakers? I think I missed that

Yeah, that is what I was thinking too. They are size 12 and it seems like the insoles are 11.5 or so. They don't slide right out, they seem glued in pretty good but I may have to consider trying to replace them.

@Epaulet Have you heard of insoles being short in other size 12s of these tennis trainers before?

I chose to have all of the insoles be removable, so they shouldn't be glued in at all. I wanted to sell these to guys who are into proper shoes and boots, so it was crucial to have whole-half sizing and also removable insoles for those who take orthotics.

We've sold quite a lot of these since last Summer and this hasn't cropped up anywhere else, but anything's possible. Someone had to place those insoles inside and they may have grabbed the wrong size. Even the best places will make an error from time to time. I'll actually be at the factory this week - let me see if I can bring back a spare set of 12 insoles and we'll see if that does it.

If you don't want to wait though, you can easily change those out for a pair of Dr. Scholls or so. We'll be happy to reimburse you for the cost of those.

For those of us who ordered EFF shirts without detail specifications, when should we expect to see the spreadsheet to fill out our information?

What do we do for measurements for the Individualized MTO shirts? When I ordered, only fabric purchased was available.

I'll set up a google form sheet where you can respond to all of the styling questions. Gimme a day or two and we'll hook that up.

slide13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I chose to have all of the insoles be removable, so they shouldn't be glued in at all. I wanted to sell these to guys who are into proper shoes and boots, so it was crucial to have whole-half sizing and also removable insoles for those who take orthotics.

We've sold quite a lot of these since last Summer and this hasn't cropped up anywhere else, but anything's possible. Someone had to place those insoles inside and they may have grabbed the wrong size. Even the best places will make an error from time to time. I'll actually be at the factory this week - let me see if I can bring back a spare set of 12 insoles and we'll see if that does it.

If you don't want to wait though, you can easily change those out for a pair of Dr. Scholls or so. We'll be happy to reimburse you for the cost of those.

If you can grab a spare set of 12 insoles that I could put in that would be awesome! Really appreciate that!

Mine are definitely glued down in at least one little spot, but it seems like I'll be able to pull them up easily enough so I don't think that will be a problem. I'll try some other insoles for now maybe, but if you can snag a set of 12s for me that would be fantastic as it's really a great insole...cushy but with that nice leather top sheet, love them.

scrolls

Reaction score
Good timing! I just put them up in new arrivals about 10 minutes ago. Working on today's newsletter and then getting on a plane in 2 hours. Trying to keep it real!

Damn those are amazing! I know I asked you before and you recommended taking the same size as Nike Dunks (11.5 for me), but reading the sizing section makes me want to order a 10 (9UK Carminas fit me great). As those are two very different sizes, any advice?

canadianhockey3

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
@Epaulet

Are you going to be getting restocks of the tennis trainer low in white in the near future? Looking to purchase a pair

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Damn those are amazing! I know I asked you before and you recommended taking the same size as Nike Dunks (11.5 for me), but reading the sizing section makes me want to order a 10 (9UK Carminas fit me great). As those are two very different sizes, any advice?

Thanks!

And whoa, that's a huge difference. What last are you wearing in 9UK?

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Rain last. And that's 11.5US for the Nike Dunks in case that wasn't clear.

Hmmm. I haven't worn many Dunks, but I would take a half size over my true dress shoe size. So for me: 8.5 Carmina Rain, 9.5 TTS Dress Shoe and EPLA Trainers, 10 Dunk.

I'm thinking that you probably wear dress shoes more fitted than sneakers, which is pretty common. I'd guess a 10.5 in these just to split the difference a bit.

Last edited:

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Cross post from Alden thread:

GMTO remake/update of the old Epaulet Tyrol blucher is a go through Epaulet given we get 18 participants! (Can be any width).

Upper: Cognac Alpine Grain with glove leather liner
Outsole: Commando sole
Welt: Changed from natural to Antique
Last: Changed to Grant last (from Barrie) to make the shoe more versatile and refined.

Please let us know if you are interested!

Last edited:

JezeC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
a bit off-topic but still EP related.

The store across from EP's Manhattan location is highly recommended for all things jean related right? I basically need to cut some length and and hem the jeans. What's the place called?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 98 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads