• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
We get the idea and it looks good.

Love that Daltrey.

I had my my western shirt out in the sun (not locally...). Maybe it's my imagination, but I feel as if there's something going on. No matter. Great shirt.

Also, wore the plum and grey EPLA tees pretty extensively this past week. Got them wet, hung sunglasses from the collar, etc. They keep their shape really nicely. Credit to the fabric choice and the construction. They are definitely a quality tee.

Last edited:

applky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Love that Daltrey.

I had my my western shirt out in the sun (not locally...). Maybe it's my imagination, but I feel as if there's something going on. No matter. Great shirt.

Also, wore the plum and grey EPLA tees pretty extensively this past week. Got them wet, hung sunglasses from the collar, etc. They keep their shape really nicely. Credit to the fabric choice and the construction. They are definitely a quality tee.

^ Direct sunlight is the best way to see any kind of color variegation in a fabric, including denim fading and all the colors in a tweed.

The EPLA shirts look great. Would love a deeper v-neck. And in fact, would love a really, really deep v-neck to wear as an undershirt. I wear these American Apparel "The Summer Shirt" as undershirts now. They fit all right, but the quality is terrible. Would love to get some EP in on that.

StanleyVanBuren

Thumb Raider
Reaction score
Repeating the same shirt from Monday. Picked this up as a “project” as it was a size too large but in a fabric that was no longer available otherwise. On Monday I’d given it a hot wash and a tumble dry and it was still fitting a bit large. So, I boiled it for a couple hours, then gave it another tumble dry.

Epaulet
APC
MMM​

Epaulet
N&F
Clarks​

BrandonJG

Reaction score
Hi - I have a few questions for anyone who can answer.

1) I placed an order for both an MTO shirt and rivet chino, and while I understand the turn around is approximately four weeks, I have received no confirmation email from Epaulet yet. Is this normal?

2) By approximately how much can I take in the waist with the side adjusters? One or two inches? Less?

3) Are there any good fit pictures showcasing either the Rivet Chino or Walt Trouser with side tabs and no belt loops being worn? I haven't come across any apart from some old Epaulet website photos.

Thanks!
Just re-posting.

PorterInjax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Love that Daltrey.

Thanks FrankCowperwood. I do like the sports coat just haven't created the opportunity to wear it until now We tried Henri on S Michigan for dinner tonight and thought what the hell, gonna' wear it.
I agree with you on the T's. I have the plum and wear it more than I should, most often under the western denim shirt.

PorterInjax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh and SVB, that is a great shirt I regret not picking up. It's a good casual look

Last edited:

Omar1223

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
SVB, i think the shirt looked good before the boiling

Todd V

Reaction score
The oatmeal tattersall daltry is one of the greatest ever. I wish I had gotten one. I'm hoping something like that is available for spring.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

The oatmeal tattersall daltry is one of the greatest ever. I wish I had gotten one. I'm hoping something like that is available for spring.

We don't have any patterned Southwick pieces for stock this season, but they'll certainly be a ton of MTO options to choose from like that. They usually have a nice assortment of checks and tattersalls. We'll hopefully be able to show the Spring MTO swatches soon, just waiting on the box.

Just re-posting.

Hi - I have a few questions for anyone who can answer.

1) I placed an order for both an MTO shirt and rivet chino, and while I understand the turn around is approximately four weeks, I have received no confirmation email from Epaulet yet. Is this normal?

2) By approximately how much can I take in the waist with the side adjusters? One or two inches? Less?

3) Are there any good fit pictures showcasing either the Rivet Chino or Walt Trouser with side tabs and no belt loops being worn? I haven't come across any apart from some old Epaulet website photos.

Thanks!

1) Thanks for your order! You should get an automatic confirmation email once you place the order - like you would for any online purchase. You'll then get another email when we receive the item and generate the shipping label to send it out to you.

2) I'd say about 2" for waist side tab adjusters. They're meant to just tighten the fit a bit at the top, like a belt would. If you need more than that, then you should consider having the waist taken in by a tailor. That's pretty easy to do.

3) Here's some pics of the Walt being worn with side tabs:

I don't have any images of the Rivet Chino as we've never made one OTR with side tabs. But we sell quite a few of them with the MTO program - perhaps some of the guys out here have some shots of it.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Friday x-post. Flannel walts.

FWIW, I really like the idea of side tabs - will probably look into a model with these for my next pair.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads