• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MacktasticGDogg

Reaction score

Driggs Fit

Hey guys,

Finally had a chance to re-shoot the Driggs fit and show you how the profile really looks. Right model, right size, right camera perspective....

The fit is really great, and it's selling even better than we had hoped. It's pretty clear that this one is a keeper! We're going to stock this Navy, Olive, and British Khaki twill, but re-up's take about 8 weeks due to the enzyme washing. We've still got most sizes covered now, but if you're interested in a pair, then you probably want to get it sooner than later, as we won't be able to restock until around end March.

Mike, I received my British Khaki Driggs yesterday. The fabric is fabulous, but I'm not sure if the fit works for me. I was expecting about the same fit in the top block as the Walt, and thought the rise and leg opening might be potential issues. It turned out that I'm fine with the rise and leg opening, but the top block seems to be significantly wider than the Walt, to the point that the pants almost look like clown pants on me. On me, the Driggs looks very much like how it looked on Logan on the initial website pictures, except the hips look even wider. I tried measuring the thigh width and got 13" on my size 33, which is quite a bit more than the indicated measurement on the website (It could be that I measured wrong though, but I measured a size 33 Walt the same way and the Driggs is definitely wider).

I will deliberate some more on whether the Driggs fit works for me, but right now I'm leaning toward sending them back. It's a bit surprising since the Walt, RC, and Wilshire are all some of the best fitting pants I've ever worn. It's too bad because I love the fabric. I will definitely be down for a pair in that fabric if/when the fabric becomes available for the Walt or RC MTO in the future.

applky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone sleeping on those superfine charcoal birdseye is doing yourself a disservice - I'm wearing them today and they're pretty awesome.

Also wore those yesterday. They're incredible; anyone on the fence shouldn't be.

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mike - ever think about making some sort of casual lightweight rain jacket? I was wondering if something like that would fit I to the EPLA line. I'm trying to look for something like that now and can't seem to find it, and when that happens one of my first thoughts I to check and see if you're going to make one, haha.

I tried a Patagonia Fogbank trench coat which works functionally, but the styling is so blah. Hopefully I can find something that is functional with a longer length and a hood but without looking like a poncho.

Last edited:

neutrino

Reaction score
Mike - ever think about making some sort of casual lightweight rain jacket? I was wondering if something like that would fit I to the EPLA line. I'm trying to look for something like that now and can't seem to find it, and when that happens one of my first thoughts I to check and see if you're going to make one, haha. I tried a Patagonia Fogbank trench coat which works functionally, but the styling is so blah. Hopefully I can find something that is functional with a longer length and a hood but without looking like a poncho.
Second this request.

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Mike - ever think about making some sort of casual lightweight rain jacket? I was wondering if something like that would fit I to the EPLA line. I'm trying to look for something like that now and can't seem to find it, and when that happens one of my first thoughts I to check and see if you're going to make one, haha.

I tried a Patagonia Fogbank trench coat which works functionally, but the styling is so blah. Hopefully I can find something that is functional with a longer length and a hood but without looking like a poncho.
not to derail the thread but I own one of these and can attest to it being super high quality

http://freemanseattle.com/products/the-freeman

section31

Reaction score

I loved the look of the Epaulet-Mackintosh raincoat but missed out on it. I've yet to find something similar to it and would be interested in an EPLA one as well.

eddiemczee

Reaction score
Deerskin jacket arrived yesterday:

I like it even more than I thought I would. The leather is soft and light, but with a feeling of substance and quality. It is a perfect weight for much of the year here in the UK. I like the colour now and expect it to get even better. We shall see. This Eisenhower fit is perfect for me. I appreciate that we got a break on the pricing with this run. But I think that this jacket is so good that you might want to re-order, even if the price has to go up. It would be worth it.

Those still interested in winter tweed (and 33 Rudy) check my sig.
Gah, I really regret not picking this up. I think it look fantastic and hope they do another run at some point.

oboy_oboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Couple shirt questions:

1) Remind me when, apprx, the last round of FF shirting is supposed to come together? I know the storms probably jacked things up, but is it a couple weeks out? More?

2) EPLA overdyes and that speckle chambray. When are you thinking they'll drop?

thanks!

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Couple shirt questions:

1) Remind me when, apprx, the last round of FF shirting is supposed to come together? I know the storms probably jacked things up, but is it a couple weeks out? More?

2) EPLA overdyes and that speckle chambray. When are you thinking they'll drop?

thanks!

Gitman Bros has a three month window to deliver the FF shirts, so they should be here within the next 6 weeks. The specific time frame for them to run the production is up to them, as that's the tradeoff for getting that special price.

EPLA shirts should be in within the next 2-3 weeks. I'm planning to have the bulk of our EPLA launch line by end of March.

I loved the look of the Epaulet-Mackintosh raincoat but missed out on it. I've yet to find something similar to it and would be interested in an EPLA one as well.

I've got two rec's for you. First up:

AMERICAN TRENCH

These are great jackets. Made in the USA and designed by a Styleforum member and a friend. The quality is great and the fit is very close to our overall Epaulet shape. He's got some inventory on sale right now, and it's a fantastic value.

The second is Arc'teryx Veilance. I have a jacket from them, and it's fantastic. Totally waterproof, technical without looking too crunchy, and has a great fit. You'll need to size down one from Epaulet sizing. You can typically catch it on Ebay or B&S for a good price. They're made in Canada and heads and tails better than the Asian-made Arc'Teryx. Different style than American Trench / Mackintosh, I think that they have some pieces that you guys would appreciate. I'd carry it in the store, but the usual retail is well over $1K, and I think that it's a tough sale at that price. I paid about half that for mine.

Mike, I received my British Khaki Driggs yesterday. The fabric is fabulous, but I'm not sure if the fit works for me. I was expecting about the same fit in the top block as the Walt, and thought the rise and leg opening might be potential issues. It turned out that I'm fine with the rise and leg opening, but the top block seems to be significantly wider than the Walt, to the point that the pants almost look like clown pants on me. On me, the Driggs looks very much like how it looked on Logan on the initial website pictures, except the hips look even wider. I tried measuring the thigh width and got 13" on my size 33, which is quite a bit more than the indicated measurement on the website (It could be that I measured wrong though, but I measured a size 33 Walt the same way and the Driggs is definitely wider).

I will deliberate some more on whether the Driggs fit works for me, but right now I'm leaning toward sending them back. It's a bit surprising since the Walt, RC, and Wilshire are all some of the best fitting pants I've ever worn. It's too bad because I love the fabric. I will definitely be down for a pair in that fabric if/when the fabric becomes available for the Walt or RC MTO in the future.

Thanks for trying it, and I really appreciate the detailed feedback. When it comes to our multiple trouser/pant fits, we work to design shapes that the majority of our customers can wear consistently. We'll test out the prototypes on regular customers to evaluate how the different fits translate.

Overall, the Driggs is working great for most of the guys who are trying it on and ordering it online. But it's definitely true that it won't work for everyone. Same goes for the Wilshire and the Rivet Chino. Even Dylan - our standard fit model - wears the Walt, Wilshire, and the Driggs nicely, but somehow the Rivet Chino doesn't work for him. Logan wears the Wilshires and the Rivets well, but Walts and Driggs look a little sloppy on him. I find that it comes down to a mixture of rises (how long your hips are, your ratio of torso to legs) and seat (how much space you need or don't need in the rear). That can often mean why two guys with identical waist and leg sizes can find that they prefer one fit over the other. We can't get it right for everyone, but we'll put a shape into production when it seems to work well for most guys.

But to that end - yes sir, we'll be able to offer those fabrics for MTO Walts/Rudy trousers soon! So we can definitely hook you up there :). And the Driggs Enzyme wash is not nearly as intensive as what we do with EPLA. If you like the soft hand of the Driggs, then just washing it normally a few times on your own will get you there.

Deerskin jacket arrived yesterday:

I like it even more than I thought I would. The leather is soft and light, but with a feeling of substance and quality. It is a perfect weight for much of the year here in the UK. I like the colour now and expect it to get even better. We shall see. This Eisenhower fit is perfect for me. I appreciate that we got a break on the pricing with this run. But I think that this jacket is so good that you might want to re-order, even if the price has to go up. It would be worth it.

Those still interested in winter tweed (and 33 Rudy) check my sig.

Wow, that is a brilliant fit on you! Thanks so much for picking it up - I'm glad that you're so pleased with it!

Which is more tapered? The rivet or the Driggs?

The Driggs is the most tapered pant that we have.

Wow. That is a skinny pant.

Haha, it's just properly fitted onto Oisin here (who generously offered to be our model). He wears the Walt and the Wilshire well. It's a skinny pant for us, but not as skinny as many of the other very slim designs out there. It's meant to have a slim fit with some attitude.

kwanon

Reaction score

Sorry it didn't work for you, but that sounds like it would fit me sooooo well. Waiting for the MTO option so I can ditch the coin-pocket, hopefully entirely. Worst case a welt pocket would do.

MacktasticGDogg

Reaction score

Thanks for trying it, and I really appreciate the detailed feedback. When it comes to our multiple trouser/pant fits, we work to design shapes that the majority of our customers can wear consistently. We'll test out the prototypes on regular customers to evaluate how the different fits translate.

Overall, the Driggs is working great for most of the guys who are trying it on and ordering it online. But it's definitely true that it won't work for everyone. Same goes for the Wilshire and the Rivet Chino. Even Dylan - our standard fit model - wears the Walt, Wilshire, and the Driggs nicely, but somehow the Rivet Chino doesn't work for him. Logan wears the Wilshires and the Rivets well, but Walts and Driggs look a little sloppy on him. I find that it comes down to a mixture of rises (how long your hips are, your ratio of torso to legs) and seat (how much space you need or don't need in the rear). That can often mean why two guys with identical waist and leg sizes can find that they prefer one fit over the other. We can't get it right for everyone, but we'll put a shape into production when it seems to work well for most guys.

But to that end - yes sir, we'll be able to offer those fabrics for MTO Walts/Rudy trousers soon! So we can definitely hook you up there :). And the Driggs Enzyme wash is not nearly as intensive as what we do with EPLA. If you like the soft hand of the Driggs, then just washing it normally a few times on your own will get you there.

Mike, thanks for the feedback on my comment regarding the Driggs. But now you got me wondering if the Walt actually works for me...I'm pretty screwed if Walts actually look sloppy on me too since I have over 20 pairs now.. LOL!

Anyway, I've decided to return the Driggs, but it will be replaced by some grey Wilshires as soon as they drop. And I look forward to getting Walts in this awesome English twill. Sometimes I wonder if I own too many pairs of pants...:p

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Sorry it didn't work for you, but that sounds like it would fit me sooooo well. Waiting for the MTO option so I can ditch the coin-pocket, hopefully entirely. Worst case a welt pocket would do.

Yes sir, that will be easy to do. You can opt for no coin pocket, plain coin pocket, button through coin pocket, or button flap coin pocket.

Mike, thanks for the feedback on my comment regarding the Driggs. But now you got me wondering if the Walt actually works for me...I'm pretty screwed if Walts actually look sloppy on me too since I have over 20 pairs now.. LOL!

Anyway, I've decided to return the Driggs, but it will be replaced by some grey Wilshires as soon as they drop. And I look forward to getting Walts in this awesome English twill. Sometimes I wonder if I own too many pairs of pants...:p

Haha, no way - I've seen your pics with Walts and they fit you great. The Walts fit the majority of our guys well. And slim legs in and of themselves don't necessarily mean anything. Logan has very slim legs and the Walts look a little big on him. SVB has very slim legs and they fit him great. No one fit can be truly universal, so we're going to actively build out a collection of trousers and jeans that have subtle variations on our overall shape. Most guys will be able to wear all of them, and some guys will find that certain shapes work better than others. But we'll do our best to find something for everyone.

Grey Wilshires are due any day now! I can't wait for them. And, no, science has determined that it's impossible to have too many pairs of pants :nodding:

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GentWithoutaCent