• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
IMPORTANT - BE CAREFUL WITH THE EPAULET JEANS ON EBAY

Hey guys,

I just found out that an ebay seller listed a bunch of Epaulet jeans on ebay.
http://www.ebay.com/sch/workhorse2b...h=item2ec6289d54&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

All of these are factory seconds. Many are incorrectly sized or have small imperfections. Some will have busted fly buttons - or fly buttons that are ready to bust. This was the entire mass of jeans (about 25 pairs) that we didn't consider acceptable to sell in our clearance sale.

I donated them all to a thrift shop, and this Ebay seller picked all of them up. I don't have a problem with this - he's certainly free to buy them and capitalize on them - but I want you guys to know that every one of them is problematic and not something that I would sell to you.

I figured that they would largely be sold off for ten bucks or so to people who would actually try them on in the thrift store. With that, mistagging wouldn't really matter. If you do buy a pair, ensure that he sends you the exact measurements for that pair, and don't rely on the tagged size or our original measurement chart to be accurate.And also be prepared that one or more of the fly buttons could break (or may be broken) which can be a significant pain to repair depending on where you live.

Last edited:

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

IMPORTANT - BE CAREFUL WITH THE EPAULET JEANS ON EBAY

Hey guys,

I just found out that an ebay seller listed a bunch of Epaulet jeans on ebay.
http://www.ebay.com/sch/workhorse2b...h=item2ec6289d54&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

All of these are factory seconds. Many are incorrectly sized or have small imperfections. Some will have busted fly buttons - or fly buttons that are ready to bust. This was the entire mass of jeans (about 25 pairs) that we didn't consider acceptable to sell in our clearance sale.

I donated them all to a thrift shop, and this Ebay seller picked all of them up. I don't have a problem with this - he's certainly free to buy them and capitalize on them - but I want you guys to know that every one of them is problematic and not something that I would sell to you.

I figured that they would largely be sold off for ten bucks or so to people who would actually try them on in the thrift store. With that, mistagging wouldn't really matter. If you do buy a pair, ensure that he sends you the exact measurements for that pair, and don't rely on the tagged size or our original measurement chart to be accurate.And also be prepared that one or more of the fly buttons could break (or may be broken) which can be a significant pain to repair depending on where you live.

Two things I hoped that don't get overlooked in this post:

1- How on top of his **** Mike and the gang are to know to post this for us, folks who scope eBay for Epaulet finds, as well as B&S and the web store.

2- The fact that Mike DONATED these to Thrift Store, for people who aren't as lucky as many of us to be able to afford this great stuff at retail/sale prices. He could have easily put the same disclaimer up and still sold these making some money, but he gave them to a store who would most likely get it right into the hands of people who need 'em. KUDOS man...

Why I'll forever be a loyal customer...

oisin

Reaction score

1- How on top of his **** Mike and the gang are to know to post this for us, folks who scope eBay for Epaulet finds, as well as B&S and the web store.

2- The fact that Mike DONATED these to Thrift Store, for people who aren't as lucky as many of us to be able to afford this great stuff at retail/sale prices. He could have easily put the same disclaimer up and still sold these making some money, but he gave them to a store who would most likely get it right into the hands of people who need 'em. KUDOS man...

indeed. classy all the way around.

sridhar3

Reaction score

It also helps that Mike is a beautiful creature.
shog[1].gif

ReedCA

Reaction score
Contest Photos and debut full fit pics for me.

Before (2006) - American Eagle, Nike Shox, Livestrong Wristband
After - Cream Speckled Chambray, French Blue Rivets, Alden

Before (2003) - I promise I'm 16 in that picture
After - Blue OCBD, Harris Tweed Walts, Carmina Navy Shell Double Monks

Before (2007) - Abercrombie (untucked, cuffs turned up), Hollister (ripped beyond belief, yes I bought them like that), Off-white (dirty) New Balance and of course a camera to document this awesome fit – oh, and fake magnetic earrings
After - Melon Microgingam Shirt, MTM suit, Carmina Sallinger Double Monks

imolazhp_ci

Reaction score

Contest Photos and debut full fit pics for me. Before (2006) - American Eagle, Nike Shox, Livestrong Wristband After - Cream Speckled Chambray, French Blue Rivets, Alden Before (2003) - I promise I'm 16 in that picture After - Blue OCBD, Harris Tweed Walts, Carmina Navy Shell Double Monks Before (2007) - Abercrombie (untucked, cuffs turned up), Hollister (ripped beyond belief, yes I bought them like that), Off-white (dirty) New Balance and of course a camera to document this awesome fit – oh, and fake magnetic earrings After - Melon Microgingam Shirt, MTM suit, Carmina Sallinger Double Monks
winner winner chicken dinner.

velomane

Reaction score

indeed. classy all the way around.

My thoughts exactly. Well done, Mike, on both counts!

Last edited:

thebunk

Reaction score

Yes, Yes and Yes.

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just ordered a pair of Faulkner Shortwing Natural Chromexcel. It was either these or the Alden Natural Chromexcel LWBs. Since the Carmina's came with the Dainite sole I thought I would try the Faulkner Shortwings instead.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Alden Taunton Boot in Burnished Tan Calfskin

Hey guys!

Our newest makeup just arrived. We're calling this one the "Taunton," and it's in Burnished Tan Calfskin (a medium brown tone). It's on the Barrie last and has a commando sole. It came out super boss!

Alden for Epaulet Taunton Captoe Boot Burnished Calfskin: $545

neutrino

Reaction score
1) W, I love the way you used that shirt with the suit. I would have probably never even considered it (not that I wear suits though, haha). And speaking of the star shirt, I also wore it for the 14th. Was going on a date right from the office, so I had put it on in the morning heading off to work. My colleagues absolutely loved it (we dress quite casually) - and my significant other has already grown fond of it
satisfied.gif

2) I was going to post about those ebay listings when I saw them a couple of days earlier, but something stopped me from doing that. I hope no one got in trouble. Mike - a class act
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

3) Stunning, stunning contest pics so far!
I don't have too many photos that are fit for the task, but here are my 2 modest entries.

I.
The "before" pic goes back to 2008, taken on my birthday (turning 20 here). I remember drunkenly insisting that this become the new snooker uniform standard.
(I admit I didn't use to walk around like that all the time, but I couldn't help posting it)

The "after" one is a couple of months ago. Heart-warming memories.
(bright buffalo check, 7oz french blue rivets)

II.
This one was taken ca. 2007.

This one - last summer (Paris).
(red/white/navy madras shirt, grey oxford chinos)

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
neutrino: Thanks! I don't have to wear suits, I do because I like them :)

Who's the chick in the after picture for the first set? Looks like you're on a TV set.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads