• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

trig

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
do we have to create new accounts on the new site? or does our old login from the previous site work?

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

do we have to create new accounts on the new site? or does our old login from the previous site work?

The former.

no frills

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don't know if this has been posted yet, but just noticed this article about Mike and Adele.

http://www.timeout.com/newyork/shopping/most-stylish-new-yorkers-2013-adele-berne-and-mike-kuhle

Was wondering when this would come out. That Mike and Adele sport great style is a given. I do like the profiles of the very impressive timepieces too. Just sayin.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

leftofthedial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Matt, what do you say the differences are between the Italian and Irish Linen? I've been told Irish is generally heavier and more stiff, is that the case?

That's a pretty general rule. The Irish linens seem to have a little more slubby texture to them and are a tad more stiff. The Elderberry and Juniper don't seem that far off as far as weight and stiffness though. The difference will be a little more noticeable with the other colors we run later on this season.

Lifeson22

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Any chance you guys bring back that peat multi-check fabric for the next round of factory finds sportcoats? Ordered 2 jackets the first round but couldn't convince myself to order 3.....

thebunk

Reaction score
My wife and I are making the trek to NYC this week and I cannot wait to hit the LES location to pickup some goodies. It is always great to hang with the guys and try on items in person vs. have to worry about returning things from Canada. Especially excited to try the sweaters on and some different Carmina lasts.

Last edited:

thebunk

Reaction score
Actually, a bit of an off topic question for the NYC people on here but my wife and I are really tiring to figure out what to wear for outerwear there this week. I am scared my Snorkal Parka may be too warm. Thinking of wearing a layering combo of Flannel button up/sweater or hoodie/down vest. I am coming from an area colder then NYC so want to make sure I don't over pack but still be warm (we will be walking around quite a bit).

Thoughts or suggestions?

Last edited:

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Don't know if this has been posted yet, but just noticed this article about Mike and Adele. http://www.timeout.com/newyork/shopping/most-stylish-new-yorkers-2013-adele-berne-and-mike-kuhle
Was wondering when this would come out. That Mike and Adele sport great style is a given. I do like the profiles of the very impressive timepieces too. Just sayin.
icon_gu_b_slayer%5B1%5D.gif
Thanks for posting that up! I dropped Time Out an email for the full-res pics, so I can post all of the outfits in full size. I'm rocking plenty of EP gear!
Ah, unfortunately you need to create a new account. We weren't able to port over account info from the old site.
Any chance you guys bring back that peat multi-check fabric for the next round of factory finds sportcoats? Ordered 2 jackets the first round but couldn't convince myself to order 3.....
Possibly, if there's some remaining when we do the next round. Right now, I'm shooting for May on the next jacket factory finds, and we'll try to assemble a nice lineup of Fall tweeds and flannels. With the orders closing end of May, we'll get delivery in early August, and you'll have maximum Fall 13 to wear all of that stuff.
Anyone have the Walt Navy Duck Canvas? I think I'm in love with them but I was hoping to see some more photos of them in the wild. There only one of dylan and it looks different than in the stock photos in terms of the colour. http://epauletnewyork.com/products/slim-walt-navy-duck-canvas
We've sold quite a few of those so some members might be able to post a fit shot. But I can tell you it's very much a true dark navy.
When will the Factory Finds go live? Will block out time from meetings at work!
I'm thinking about two weeks. I want to get some of the last round delivered and shipped out to customers before the new one comes in. Most of the last FF have been cut and they'll work through the factory this week. I'll give you guys some heads-up before we do it.
My wife and I are making the trek to NYC this week and I cannot wait to hit the LES location to pickup some goodies. It is always great to hang with the guys and try on items in person vs. have to worry about returning things from Canada. Especially excited to try the sweaters on and some different Carmina lasts.
Actually, a bit of an off topic question for the NYC people on here but my wife and I are really tiring to figure out what to wear for outerwear there this week. I am scared my Snorkal Parka may be too warm. Thinking of wearing a layering combo of Flannel button up/sweater or hoodie/down vest. I am coming from an area colder then NYC so want to make sure I don't over pack but still be warm (we will be walking around quite a bit). Thoughts or suggestions?
Looking forward to seeing you guys! Oh and definitely bring the Snorkel Parka. I've been wearing that for months - so has NYR. It's a brilliant weight, and I don't overheat in it. Holds a lot in the pockets too. I usually wear that with a medium-weight sweater and a scarf. I'm good to go. One thing though: don't keep your wallet or phone in those outside pockets, especially on the subway. I always use the interior pocket or my trousers. Too easy for someone to reach into that without you knowing. Pickpocketing in NYC isn't that common (I've never actually had it happen), but it can occur, and it's good to be conscious of it.

Last edited:

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Oh and definitely bring the Snorkel Parka. I've been wearing that for months - so has NYR. It's a brilliant weight, and I don't overheat in it. Holds a lot in the pockets too. I usually wear that with a medium-weight sweater and a scarf. I'm good to go.

One thing though: don't keep your wallet or phone in those outside pockets, especially on the subway. I always use the interior pocket or my trousers. Too easy for someone to reach into that without you knowing. Pickpocketing in NYC isn't that common (I've never actually had it happen), but it can occur, and it's good to be conscious of it.

+1 on both of these. You won't overheat in the Snork. They're calling for high temps all week to be high 30s to 40, but it always will feel colder, especially if its cloudy. The parka is light enough not to be a hassel, and you might not even need a scarf with it either, it zips pretty high. Tomorrow looks crummy (rain all day) and the warmest day (mid 40s)...enjoy your stay man!

thebunk

Reaction score
Thanks for the input guys. We are used to the cold temp but you make a good point regarding functionality of the Parka.

meso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any info on the Brixton boot being re-ordered in a medium to dark shell (like cigar)?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads