• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

scurvyfreedman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maybe the first cobbler thought they were cheap sneakers. I'm not willing to spend a lot on footwear like this because there's not much you can do once the soles are worn down.

I know several people on here who have the soles replaced completely. It's possible. You just have to find the right cobbler who can source the gum soles.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I'm struck by how cool those unbleached rivets are. are y'all planning on running them again?

Thanks! Yeah, agreed, they actually made up even better than I thought. The interior contrast is so nice when you cuff them up!

I'm not going to run them officially, but I can certainly do a pair for you for $145. I'll make them alongside the Washable Donegal rivets that will deliver in October. Just drop me an email at [email protected] and we can set it up!

@Epaulet - Am I imagining things or did you do a denim jacket years ago? Something like a Type II?

If so, what are the odds of bringing something like that back and made up in some super heavy indigo sashiko fabric?
Actually this sounds really good.

It's an awesome idea for sure! Yes we actually did two denim jackets. Not sure I have any images of the first one - it was pretty standard and Levis-ish - but I do have a pic of this one:

Epaulet_Fall_Outerwear_272.jpg

Definitely a cool idea to do in Sashiko. As it stands, we're pretty invested in the current goods that we're using in the all shapes, so I'm not sure that a heavier one would make sense, but this could be a great outerwear piece for next year.

Finally had my original natty horsehide EPLA GAT's sole's reglued by a cobbler. The first told me it wouldn't be worth it. I figured, it wasn't worth arguing. He seemed to think they were disposable and replaceable. I decided to go to Aram the Cobbler who is recommended by Alden DC. I had him resole a pair of C&J at the same time - blind stitch and brass toe plates.

I can wear them again!

View attachment 2035161

Eva, on another note, I haven't seen my custom sport jacket in my orders yet/nor the credit from Luxeswap. Can you give me an update?

Thanks,

Eugene

This is so awesome, they look great! Man that leather has aged so nicely!

And thanks for following up, I just issued your Luxeswap credit and we'll get your sportcoat sorted tomorrow!

How worn down were the soles themselves? I have been wearing my Epaulet GATs since like 2016 or whenever and they aren't coming unglued but they are starting to wear through on the heels finally. Curious if you have significant wear on yours and if that was looked at during this process.

It's definitely possible to replace the soles, but we'd need to find a place that does it. The unit is the same "cup" sole that's used on MMM Replica Gats, so a place that can fix Margiela sneakers can fix Epaulet ones too.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
It's exciting to see our Fall merch coming together. The Wilhelms are all in work and should finish up middle to end of last week. Here's a quick photo of our dude Jorge cutting the Washable Donegal Tweed...

150B1A77-A6A5-454F-8EE8-CF3F498F6F3D-346-00000000E16B0690.jpg

I've got some new photo equipment going as well. I changed out the Sony A7III for a Fuji XS20. And the Iphone 13 for a 15pro. I'm working on making all of the images and video better quality than ever before.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey guys!

Apologies for being MIA these past days. I came down with a nasty cold (not COVID, but almost as bad), and have been playing catch up. I owe you a bunch of updates, but for now:

Sinclair Preorders in Washable Donegal, Espresso Hopsack, and Luxe Woolens end tonight
(well, they actually end tomorrow 10/5 at about noon)

I'm working closely with the factory to get all of our merchandise through in time. They finish sewing our Wilhelms on Friday, and I want to get them the Sinclairs immediately after to work on. As such, I'm closing the preorder by noon tomorrow and I'm going to take the needed fabric to be cut. With this timing, we should be able to ship these in about 10 days, and the Rivets will come through right afterwards.

Here's the link to order Sinclairs in Washable Donegal, Loro Piana Boucle, Magee Melange Tweed, DiPray Cocoa & Cyan Tweed, and the notorious "Donnie Brasco" check

Here's the link to order Sinclairs in Espresso Washable Hopsack

I'm going to break down each fabric in the next reply...

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Washable Donegal Tweed: $225
This 14oz fabric is a really excellent Fall/Winter tweed. It has a great texture, it's warm and insulating, and its blend of 85% wool and 15% nylon makes it machine washable and smoother than a pure wool tweed. Three colors are available.
Victory Suit Front.jpg

Espresso Washable Cotton/Wool Hopsack: $185
This is a comfortable blend of cotton, wool, and Tencel. The weight is 9oz, so it's wearable year round. These three fibers work nicely together.. the cotton is breathable, the wool gives it structure and drape, and the Tencel offers a soft hand and a smooth top finish.

Essex Twill Editorial Landscape.jpg

Loro Piana Wool-Silk Boucle Check: $265
Woven in Italy, this is a blend of 80% wool and 20% silk. The boucle texture is smooth and subtle, and its a gorgeous mix of grey, cranberry, and navy tones

Loro Piana Boucle.jpg

DiPray Cocoa & Cyan Flecked Tweed: $265
This is amazing, and it's a very "Epaulet" fabric. Middleweight Italian pure wool tweed in a handsome dark brown with contrasty cyan flecks. Has a great mid-century vibe.

DiPray Cocoa & Cyan.jpg

Magee 15oz Melange Tweed
The heaviest fabric of this bunch, this Scottish Tweed has a dark charcoal ground with greyscale fuzzy accents. It's woven with a strong diagonal twill structure.

Magee Melange.jpg

Delfino Donnie Brasco Check: $245
Whether you read this as "Pitti Uomo" or "Brooklyn Mobster in 1978," this classic Italian suiting check is a 4-season woolen in a rad micro houndstooth pattern. This is going to look amazing in the Sinclair!

Delfino Donnie Brasco Check.jpg

MMiUSA

Reaction score
I am having a bit of a tough time on this pair I found recently...

ep1.JPG
ep.JPG

Just looking for more info, are these a certain fabric (I know they are wool, I mean more specifically), and what color these are. I have shown multiple people these pants IRL and we can't decide if they are extremely dark Navy or Black? Anybody have any info on these?

Thank you in advance!

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I am having a bit of a tough time on this pair I found recently...

View attachment 2040469 View attachment 2040471
Just looking for more info, are these a certain fabric (I know they are wool, I mean more specifically), and what color these are. I have shown multiple people these pants IRL and we can't decide if they are extremely dark Navy or Black? Anybody have any info on these?

Thank you in advance!
OG Hertling in Greenpoint, Brooklyn tags!

Pretty sure that was Navy Super 120s dress wool from Vitale Barberis.

MMiUSA

Reaction score
OG Hertling in Greenpoint, Brooklyn tags!

Pretty sure that was Navy Super 120s dress wool from Vitale Barberis.

You rule, thanks!!

Keep making incredible stuff! Always love checking out epaulet products :) I obsess over MiUSA stuff and you consistently drop tip top goods!

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Finally had my original natty horsehide EPLA GAT's sole's reglued by a cobbler. The first told me it wouldn't be worth it. I figured, it wasn't worth arguing. He seemed to think they were disposable and replaceable. I decided to go to Aram the Cobbler who is recommended by Alden DC. I had him resole a pair of C&J at the same time - blind stitch and brass toe plates.

I can wear them again!

View attachment 2035161

Eva, on another note, I haven't seen my custom sport jacket in my orders yet/nor the credit from Luxeswap. Can you give me an update?

Thanks,

Eugene

Great story, Aram is great. Wear in good health.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@Epaulet -

Are you still taking orders on the washable tweed River chinos and kamigata jackets?
Yes to both! The Kamigata jackets are online now. I'm going to make a new Rivet item this weekend that offers the washable tweed and espresso hopsack together.

Sinclairs are closed though, I'm dropping off the fabric for cutting as we speak.

AND I'm picking up Wilhelms! Will be a few extra days for finished hems, but anyone who ordered the standard inseam can expect their chinos to ship on Monday.

cold war painter

Reaction score
I'm wondering if there will be more plain shirt fabrics available sometime? I love the fit of the Epaulet shirts and I am planning to buy a couple in the patterned fabrics but I would get a lot more use out of plain blue broadcloth/oxford/linen.

nd1nd2nd3

Reaction score
Yes to both! The Kamigata jackets are online now. I'm going to make a new Rivet item this weekend that offers the washable tweed and espresso hopsack together.

Sinclairs are closed though, I'm dropping off the fabric for cutting as we speak.

AND I'm picking up Wilhelms! Will be a few extra days for finished hems, but anyone who ordered the standard inseam can expect their chinos to ship on Monday.
Excellent! I’ll keep my eye out for the Rivet item.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads