• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
So, Sash fabric is great, and lest any were dubious about Ep’s claims as to the versatility of the throws versatility, in the course of 24 hours, it more than held its own as both a single layer blanket and a beach towel.
Plus, it got three explicit compliments from a very bougie crowd when serving beach duty.
Good stuff

Ah man that's great to hear! It's such an unexpected product for us, but the feedback has been amazing on them. I expect to ship our preorder project units mostly this week, with a few stragglers going the start of next week.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey guys, three quick things!

1) If you didn't see the newsletter... we updated the sale section and layered in our chambray rivets & chambray doyles. Also the remainder of all our white t-shirts are in there. Click here to see the entire sale section

2) It's been defunct for quite a bit, but we revived and restarted our Epaulet subreddit. You can see it here.
Both Ming and myself will manage it daily, and we're going to post all of our new content and developments there. I also set up a special "For Sale" flair if anyone wants to sell a second hand Epaulet garment there.

Ultimately, I want to mirror all of the updates that we make here onto that subreddit. Styleforum isn't the easiest thing to access on a mobile device, but the Reddit app is fairly slick and straightforward. I hope that we'll be able to reach more people, especially new customers through that.

3) This week is going to be a rad Corduroy Doyle preorder. We've got two wide wales from Duca Visconti which are INSANE. And we're going to offer four colors of dyed corduroy alongside those.

Brown Wide Wale Detail.jpg

The wide wale colors are set... it's going to be this rich medium brown and vintage black. That's the cloth that we have on hand.

For the dyed corduroy, I'm going to make about 10 mockups of different colors. I'll do a voting thread early tomorrow and ask everyone to weigh in on their favorites. The top four colors will go on to be preorder options... along with a bright optic white "coca blanca" choice.

The last time we offered corduroy Doyles was right before the pandemic, and the delivery got a little crazy. I tried to offer multiple shapes (doyle, sinclair, rivet, parka, wilhelm), and getting all of those shapes delivered and dyed at once proved to be a logistical nightmare. Everything got delayed, and certain items (like the parka) couldn't be made at all.

So this time I'm keeping it smart. The Doyle is our best selling piece and a really rad option in corduroy. Our pricing will be $175 for a dyed color and $195 for the Duca wide wale. We can do any size from 36 to 48. And the dyed colors might include some unexpected tones that you never find out there. We're going to offer two options for buttons... you can get them dyed brown or undyed chalk. Hopefully the popularity of chore jackets and the unique colors will draw some new people in to order.

nickpapagiorgio

Reaction score
3) This week is going to be a rad Corduroy Doyle preorder. We've got two wide wales from Duca Visconti which are INSANE. And we're going to offer four colors of dyed corduroy alongside those.

View attachment 1653591

The wide wale colors are set... it's going to be this rich medium brown and vintage black. That's the cloth that we have on hand.

For the dyed corduroy, I'm going to make about 10 mockups of different colors. I'll do a voting thread early tomorrow and ask everyone to weigh in on their favorites. The top four colors will go on to be preorder options... along with a bright optic white "coca blanca" choice.

The last time we offered corduroy Doyles was right before the pandemic, and the delivery got a little crazy. I tried to offer multiple shapes (doyle, sinclair, rivet, parka, wilhelm), and getting all of those shapes delivered and dyed at once proved to be a logistical nightmare. Everything got delayed, and certain items (like the parka) couldn't be made at all.

So this time I'm keeping it smart. The Doyle is our best selling piece and a really rad option in corduroy. Our pricing will be $175 for a dyed color and $195 for the Duca wide wale. We can do any size from 36 to 48. And the dyed colors might include some unexpected tones that you never find out there. We're going to offer two options for buttons... you can get them dyed brown or undyed chalk. Hopefully the popularity of chore jackets and the unique colors will draw some new people in to order.
Any possibility to customize sleeve, body length, or to drop the internal pocket (whether or not for an upcharge)?

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Any possibility to customize sleeve, body length, or to drop the internal pocket (whether or not for an upcharge)?

Yes but I can’t make that in LA. We would do the same workflow as the Sashiko suits… dye the fabric and ship it to Hickey for finishing.

would be a pretty large upcharge due to the big price difference of doing a stock garment in LA vs an individual garment in Rochester. So figure $295 in dyed corduroy or $325 in Wide Wale. You would have the full suite of customization options though (buttons, taping, exact sleeve and body length). Would be an amazing piece for sure!

utopiaburger

Reaction score

I was just thinking I have too much navy outerwear, probably going to be in for a brown wide wale corduroy Doyle (or Sinclair if you change your mind!)

Also Eva - I'm about to send you a message about a Sashiko Sinclair that I just received. It's awesome but the measurements are off.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I was just thinking I have too much navy outerwear, probably going to be in for a brown wide wale corduroy Doyle (or Sinclair if you change your mind!)

Also Eva - I'm about to send you a message about a Sashiko Sinclair that I just received. It's awesome but the measurements are off.

No problem, will write you back!

And this project is only going to be the Doyle. To be honest, I don't see us doing any additional off the rack Sinclair production this Fall. We've got some Sashiko and Tweed pieces on hand right now, and everything else will be custom through Hickey Freeman. It's an awesome shape, but it does seem better suited for custom work. It was a HUGE hit in our custom program (almost 60% of orders), but much less popular as a stock item. Our RTC Sinclairs are going to be more expensive, but the fabric options will be way more extensive.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

FLW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
VOTE FOR YOUR FAVORITE CORDUROY DOYLE COLORS!

Hey guys!
Is the alpine white different from the color of the undyed cord? Based on the mockup, dark grape is more purple than gray/black. Is that correct?

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Is the alpine white different from the color of the undyed cord? Based on the mockup, dark grape is more purple than gray/black. Is that correct?

Yup, Alpine White is just undyed PFD. We'll run it through an industrial hot wash to "seal" the cloth and pre-shrink it.

"Alpine White" just sounded sexier than "Undyed," LOL

And yes Black Grape is intended to be a really dark purple tone.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Oh also... as long as we can get about 10 people to sign on for Fluorescent Yellow, I'll make it. Even if it's not in the top four. I might have to add a $20 premium to cover the setup fee, but man... I would love for fluorescent corduroy Doyles to be a reality!

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I’ll take the Hi-liter Yellow plunge. 2 votes- 8 to go!

thanks… you the man!!!

oh and slightly unrelated but do you guys think this is dope? I’m really feeling this shawl collar cord SC with a loop closure

81DE2263-96B2-4F9C-B61E-3CA7E75A3C5D.jpeg

FLW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thanks… you the man!!!

oh and slightly unrelated but do you guys think this is dope? I’m really feeling this shawl collar cord SC with a loop closure?
It’s a great way to shake up the shawl style.

The key for me is having a decent lapel width. Shawls and peaks need to be pretty wide. Slim shawls just never look right.
The proportions on that coat are pretty amazing.
I follow the portrait artist Michael Shane Neal on IG and he wears a shawl collared coat to paint in. It’s surprisingly casual, made out of a mid-green textured cotton. It looks fantastic and I’m jealous of it

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads