• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Should (UPS willing lol) receive my Sashiko throw tomorrow. Very curious to see what the fabric is all about. Just from a visual perspective, the idea of it as a suit in natural sounds supremely badass. Also hoping somebody here pulled a trigger on a shadow ink. Would love to see that made up.

Excellent... thank you so much and enjoy that blanket!

Now the fluorescent yellow...:cool::worship2:

We officially sold a fluorescent yellow vest and Walt trouser. I can't wait for those to come through!

Hi, just following up here on my overdye denim doyle in 34 since I have not been able to get a response via email. Believe there was supposed to be a new order placed since it was coming up to the 90 day window in which my card protection runs out and I had to dispute the charge, but have not seen any attempt by you guys to get my order filled. Is this being produced as indicated over a week ago or did I just tie up money for over 3 months for no reason again?

Hey Kevin, my apologies, I know that we were in touch with you a few days ago about it. I shot you an email with all of the details. Size 34 jackets have been problematic with our LA factory because they need to be cut separately from all of the other sizes. At this stage, we're unable to do them as part of group buys. I'm really sorry about that... it wasn't an issue in the years past, but production isn't quite back to normal here, and I don't want to frustrate people needlessly.

We will happily offer chest size 34 (and even 33 or 32) through our custom program with Rochester Tailored Clothing, and they'll be a HUGE selection of fabrics and trims with them.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Quick Note on Sashiko Tailored Items

Hey guys,

Our IG story feature on the suits went up really late last night, so I'm still fielding a bunch of inquiries about the suits. We need to take this fabric to the dye house and get it finalized, but for the moment, we can still take orders against them. If you want to get in on it, here are the product links

CUSTOM SASHIKO SUITS

CUSTOM SASHIKO SPORTCOATS

CUSTOM SASHIKO TROUSERS

I can keep this in place until about 4PM PST. After that we're headed over to South Central to get this stuff dyed.

We have some extra inventory in Indigo and Natural is pretty much available all of the time, so those two colors will stay online after 4PM. The 15% discount code is going to expire though. If you want that lower price or any pieces in Shadow Ink, Olive, or Fluorescent Yellow, then there's still some time to order!

kevinftwman

Reaction score
Excellent... thank you so much and enjoy that blanket!

We officially sold a fluorescent yellow vest and Walt trouser. I can't wait for those to come through!

Hey Kevin, my apologies, I know that we were in touch with you a few days ago about it. I shot you an email with all of the details. Size 34 jackets have been problematic with our LA factory because they need to be cut separately from all of the other sizes. At this stage, we're unable to do them as part of group buys. I'm really sorry about that... it wasn't an issue in the years past, but production isn't quite back to normal here, and I don't want to frustrate people needlessly.

We will happily offer chest size 34 (and even 33 or 32) through our custom program with Rochester Tailored Clothing, and they'll be a HUGE selection of fabrics and trims with them.

Just two weeks ago you guys said you could run it through as an individual piece and Ming had said you could get it done by about the end of this week, so this tells me you guys did not even bother to start on it... This is the second time an order has been cancelled because it is inconvenient for you guys to make or because you guys have started on other projects. I understand you guys are a business, but if you offer and sold something, you should fulfill that commitment to have it made and delivered at the terms of when you offered it even if it ends up being negative margin when overhead is accounted for.

Effectively you guys just borrowed money from me for free for 3 months and a refund doesn't cut it because I could have just used that money on something else at the start of summer rather than waiting all this time just to have my order cancelled.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Just two weeks ago you guys said you could run it through as an individual piece and Ming had said you could get it done by about the end of this week, so this tells me you guys did not even bother to start on it... This is the second time an order has been cancelled because it is inconvenient for you guys to make or because you guys have started on other projects. I understand you guys are a business, but if you offer and sold something, you should fulfill that commitment to have it made and delivered at the terms of when you offered it even if it ends up being negative margin when overhead is accounted for.

Effectively you guys just borrowed money from me for free for 3 months and a refund doesn't cut it because I could have just used that money on something else at the start of summer rather than waiting all this time just to have my order cancelled.

We'll work this out, I'll give you a call

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Little bit off-topic, but I had a customer come through with a watch from WMT (Watch Experimental Unit) and it looks surprisingly good. They're doing all sorts of homages to older Rolex and Omega models, but it's not a direct copy. That have a made to order selection too which is pretty cool. I was playing around and spec'd this thing out.

If you're in the market for something new, this seems to be a fun and affordable option...

Royal Marine.jpg

hammerhead_corvette

Reaction score
With regards to simple type of jacket or garment. I think a coaches jacket with a zipper would be great garment to have. I am always looking for one with a nice patterned wool, but people just don't seem to make them.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Little bit off-topic, but I had a customer come through with a watch from WMT (Watch Experimental Unit) and it looks surprisingly good. They're doing all sorts of homages to older Rolex and Omega models, but it's not a direct copy. That have a made to order selection too which is pretty cool. I was playing around and spec'd this thing out.

If you're in the market for something new, this seems to be a fun and affordable option...

View attachment 1651844

I've heard good things about WMT and they have some interesting watches, especially for somebody who loves some of these vintage watches but would never want to spend the $$$ for the real deal.

Lately I've been considering selling off the bulk of my collection of Sinn and MKII watches and putting the money towards a Blancpain "Tribute To Fifty Fathoms No Rad" but I have to say that I've been just as tempted to keep all my watches and just buy one of the WMT Seawolf watches instead:

1628779375434.png

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
With regards to simple type of jacket or garment. I think a coaches jacket with a zipper would be great garment to have. I am always looking for one with a nice patterned wool, but people just don't seem to make them.

That's a great call. Another SF member sent this image my way...

bomber-ps.jpg

I'm really into this jacket. And the great thing is... we already have a bomber shape that's very close.

Bomber Brown Outdoor Main.jpg

Really all we'd do is replace those pockets with hip inset pockets and we're there. I already have the patternwork done for this.

Plus if its done with RTC, then chances we could offer the following:
1) Choice of pockets: Inset with flap, open patch, patch with flap and button (as pictured), probably slanted besom too
2) Button front or two-way zip
3) Your choice of buttons and exact sleeve and body length, chest sizes odds and evens, etc.

Given the length, this is probably a stronger item for the Springtime, but I'm definitely going to get the ball rolling on it next week. I think the more casual custom shapes that we can offer, the better.

I've heard good things about WMT and they have some interesting watches, especially for somebody who loves some of these vintage watches but would never want to spend the $$$ for the real deal.

Lately I've been considering selling off the bulk of my collection of Sinn and MKII watches and putting the money towards a Blancpain "Tribute To Fifty Fathoms No Rad" but I have to say that I've been just as tempted to keep all my watches and just buy one of the WMT Seawolf watches instead:

View attachment 1652145

Wow, that looks fantastic! Yeah, definitely some strong options there, and I might actually prefer the styling of that WMT watch. It's nice that it's about $21,500 cheaper too.

Iskander

Reaction score
That's a great call. Another SF member sent this image my way...

View attachment 1652385

I'm really into this jacket. And the great thing is... we already have a bomber shape that's very close.

View attachment 1652386

Really all we'd do is replace those pockets with hip inset pockets and we're there. I already have the patternwork done for this.

Plus if its done with RTC, then chances we could offer the following:
1) Choice of pockets: Inset with flap, open patch, patch with flap and button (as pictured), probably slanted besom too
2) Button front or two-way zip
3) Your choice of buttons and exact sleeve and body length, chest sizes odds and evens, etc.

Given the length, this is probably a stronger item for the Springtime, but I'm definitely going to get the ball rolling on it next week. I think the more casual custom shapes that we can offer, the better.
Wow! Very beautiful jacket. I think it would look so nice in a linen or high twist wool as well as thicker autumn fabrics.

The smaller buttons, minimal hem (stitching not visible), and lack of top button (or rather, it appears there is a button loop instead of a button hole) all give it a very contemporary feel. I don't know if any of these features could be incorporated into the pattern (smaller buttons might work best on lighter fabrics), but perhaps something to consider.

234238898_259805365693220_5029667252482756310_n.jpg

236038986_130750195897981_3757069932339477942_n.jpg

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Wow! Very beautiful jacket. I think it would look so nice in a linen or high twist wool as well as thicker autumn fabrics.

The smaller buttons, minimal hem (stitching not visible), and lack of top button (or rather, it appears there is a button loop instead of a button hole) all give it a very contemporary feel. I don't know if any of these features could be incorporated into the pattern (smaller buttons might work best on lighter fabrics), but perhaps something to consider.

View attachment 1652599
View attachment 1652600

That's great advice for sure. I know that they have a TON of fabrics which would work well in a shape like this. I imagine that the pricing will be on par for custom Doyle's, so we'd be looking at about $475 in a very premium cloth. A bit less for a promo cloth or a cotton that I source here in Los Angeles.

I'm with you on the smaller buttons. We'd likely use the same buttons as our sportcoats, so the size would be in between our former bomber jacket and the piece that we're looking at. I'd probably stick with the more substantial and functional top button that we currently use, but I think the overall vibe would be similar. Offering the ability to customize it with a choice of pocket treatments would be pretty next level.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Custom Shirting Make-Up Gallery

Hey guys! Over the next few weeks, you're going to see a huge overhaul of our custom clothing presentations. It's been far too long since our site was last updated, and we finally have a good rhythm of shooting images and creating content.

This is a very raw draft of our shirting gallery, but it's going to look kind of like this

As new shirts or samples come in, they'll be photographed and posted... complete with direct links in each item and some easy contact buttons at the top to email or chat with us specifically about custom shirts. You'll be able to scroll down this page to see all of the available fabrics that have fully made up sample images. Each shirt will have the fabric, collar, and button details noted. We'll have a separate microsite with video measurement guides and a submission form. So first-timers can see exactly how to measure a shirt that they have, and then shoot over the measurements and photographs to us for a quick fit evaluation.

Anyway, I'm going to try and populate this page over the weekend and check in for any feedback that you have. We'll never have an interface as slick as our competitors, but we're putting out some of the best custom pieces on earth, with one of the largest and most dynamic fabric assortments. I'm really going to work to get our presentation streamlined.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Speaking of shirts, we just received three ABSOLUTE bangers for one of our favorite customers. These are no longer online, but I believe they do have some stock remaining for an extra unit or two. Shoot a message to Ming at custom[at]epauletbrand.com if you'd like to commission one. That Spectrum Madras stripe is just freaking incredible!

Pricing is $225 for Madras Stripe & Woolprince, and $195 for Iron Forged Madras...

Spectrum Madras Stripe.jpg

Woolprince Cotton-Cash.jpg

Iron Forged Madras.jpg

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So, Sash fabric is great, and lest any were dubious about Ep’s claims as to the versatility of the throws, in the course of 24 hours, it more than held its own as both a single layer blanket and a beach towel.
Plus, it got three explicit compliments from a very bougie crowd when serving beach duty.
Good stuff

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads