• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Any preview shots of the cosmic thunderbird sashiko garments?? ?

Yessssssssss... it's so incredible!!! Your jacket is shipping out today! Sorry for the delay... one of the buttons needed to be replaced, so I dropped it at the factory on Friday. Should get it this afternoon, and it will be handed off to UPS.

Doyle Cosmic Main.jpg

Doyle Cosmic Detail.jpg

Doyle Cosmic Button.jpg

GentlemanJeff

Reaction score

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

It's the last call for our Sashiko Mac & Blanket Project! Looking to get these into work around the end of the week. I put together a quick video above to show off the samples. After a minute of Ming modeling the coat to a "chillax" instrumental track, you can see me present the samples amidst one of the unexpected wind storms that we keep getting here.

The crucial things to know:

1) Here's the link to check out the item and order
2) Sashiko Macs are freaking amazing. Order your usual Doyle size.
3) Everyone can use a Sashiko Blanket. It's rad and really practical. Makes a great gift too!
4) We'll most likely stock a small run of Macs in shadow ink (size 38 to 42 only). If you want any of the other three colors, or a size outside of that, then you'll need to preorder it. Not sure we'll do this project again in the Fall, so it's possible that this will be the only chance.

pekingman

Reaction score
I was a bit hesitant about ordering (last year) the Di Pray double-face pearl gray/camel cloth as a Sinclair (rather than a Doyle), but I am very happy that I did! Given the thickness of the cloth it really is more of a "Sincloyle", but that is just another reason that makes it one of the most awesome pieces of clothing I own.

I already ordered some pants in the same material (Eva posted a picture of those upthread I think) - just need to get these delivered now (my issue, not Eva's/EPs's) to take this to a next-level lounge suit :)

Paired here with some Hertling moleskin pants in the Taylor shape. Apologies also to mdubs for the woeful beaten-up state of my EP cordovan trainers - I promise that I have given them some TLC since these photos were taken!

IMG_20210102_103627_adj.jpg
PearlGreySinclair.jpg

joydivisi0n

Reaction score
Hello, hoping someone can fill me in on the status of the sashiko sinclairs that were intended to be ready for delivery end of January. I haven't seen any recent updates on those. Thanks!

L.I.T.

Reaction score
Hello, hoping someone can fill me in on the status of the sashiko sinclairs that were intended to be ready for delivery end of January. I haven't seen any recent updates on those. Thanks!

Hi they're getting made and in progress. Sorry for the delay, the factory has been taking awhile with the smaller quantity orders. But they're being made along side our J. Press orders and should be ready soon.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Just popping in to say...

1) All Sierra vest preorders shipped today. Thank you everyone for your patience!

2) open stock is launching tomorrow morning and it looks freaking incredible. Huge improvement on the last design, and I think that you guys are going to love it!

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I was a bit hesitant about ordering (last year) the Di Pray double-face pearl gray/camel cloth as a Sinclair (rather than a Doyle), but I am very happy that I did! Given the thickness of the cloth it really is more of a "Sincloyle", but that is just another reason that makes it one of the most awesome pieces of clothing I own.

I already ordered some pants in the same material (Eva posted a picture of those upthread I think) - just need to get these delivered now (my issue, not Eva's/EPs's) to take this to a next-level lounge suit :)

Paired here with some Hertling moleskin pants in the Taylor shape. Apologies also to mdubs for the woeful beaten-up state of my EP cordovan trainers - I promise that I have given them some TLC since these photos were taken!

View attachment 1580657 View attachment 1580658

Thank you so much for the review and for posting all of the pics! We made just two jacket in that double-faced fabric and it's absolutely epic! It looks awesome on you, and I love pairing it with the Fairisle sweater.

Here's an actual photo of your matching pants.... this is going to make for such an insanely boss suit!

Bonded Wool.jpg

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Couple photos before the vest launch today....

First... this must be the greatest fit pic of the Steel Moss Sashiko Doyle ever...

FEB5A09F-6C2B-4213-9138-691252EB9BB2.JPG

Also.. personal pics here, but everyone on Instagram got a major kick out of them. I picked up my daughter from school and told her she could have whatever she wanted for dinner. She immediately screamed out "PRIME RIB!" So that's where we went... to this local spot in Torrance that basically frozen in 1975. She finished nearly this entire piece on her own.

A1FDCDE9-0C2A-4728-8093-0FBD43B30718.JPG

12D9E173-A884-44E7-BDBD-A312B7B7C3C6.JPG

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Couple photos before the vest launch today....

First... this must be the greatest fit pic of the Steel Moss Sashiko Doyle ever...

View attachment 1581613

Also.. personal pics here, but everyone on Instagram got a major kick out of them. I picked up my daughter from school and told her she could have whatever she wanted for dinner. She immediately screamed out "PRIME RIB!" So that's where we went... to this local spot in Torrance that basically frozen in 1975. She finished nearly this entire piece on her own.

View attachment 1581618
View attachment 1581615

I can relate to your daughter. When I was young, there was a restaurant where my family like to patronize on Sunday's (prime Rib day) this place was also stuck in the 70's (although it was the 80's so....)
I never ordered anything other than the PR..... baked potato on the side accompanied by a Shirley temple.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I can relate to your daughter. When I was young, there was a restaurant where my family like to patronize on Sunday's (prime Rib day) this place was also stuck in the 70's (although it was the 80's so....)
I never ordered anything other than the PR..... baked potato on the side accompanied by a Shirley temple.

Haha, that sounds fantastic. Yeah this place is very similar. They used to have karaoke nights a few times a week... so you could enjoy your steak while multiple people north of 60 years old sing the major hits of Jimmy Buffett and Bob Seger. COVID put all of that live entertainment on hold, but hopefully it returns sooner than later.

FLW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That is an impressive cut for a kid to go man-up on.

My eldest won't touch red meat- or most meat- thought not out of any ethical obligation and we certainly are not a vegetarian household.

She does love fried chicken, though. So much so that any baked chicken is, according to her, "raw and gross."

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads