• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Oh, yeah, the Garand top looks perfect, but since I'm just being difficult, what I really want is that top with the Rudy legs. :devil: Thanks for letting me know about the Garand option. I'll have to contemplate.

We can totally do that, but I'd need an order of at least two pants. I can scale the size up to get you the Rudy leg diameter and you can tell me what you'd like for an opening at the bottom.

My favorite Epaulet pants are my Garands. I have two pair, khaki and olive, both heavy twills.

Glad that they're still going strong!!

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey guys, two things....

1) Me and Ming are going to on Instagram Live in about 25 minutes (4:30PST / 7:30EST), mostly hyping the Hertling fabrics but also having Old Fashioned's. Stop by if you have time and as always, all questions are welcome

2) Totally unrelated, but I brought my daughter to San Pedro the other day so that she could visit the tide pools. I hit this little memorabilia store on the way and was oddly compelled to buy a signed pic of Rob Reiner.

5573F362-DCA3-477C-B95A-B6E094FBBFA3.JPG

Mr. Six

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We can totally do that, but I'd need an order of at least two pants. I can scale the size up to get you the Rudy leg diameter and you can tell me what you'd like for an opening at the bottom.
Oh, werd? Damn, that's amazing. I think I'm in. Let me know what note to include in the order.

pekingman

Reaction score

Oh my apologies, not sure why that variant wasn't showing but it's active now.

That's one of the greatest lightweight fabrics that we've ever seen... you're going to love it! Shrinkage is kind of considerable on it, which is typical for a gauzy indigo cloth like this. As such, we're going to piece wash the fabric before it's sewn. So the pants that you receive are going to be fully preshrunk.

Yes, and for this particular promo we're only offering belt loops for single units. If you want to buy more than one pair with side tabs, then we can do that for you. This is just to keep the production running smoothly and on time.

Thanks, Eva. One more quick question then - if I put in an order for a couple of pants is it possible to have these made in the Greenpoint fit with side-tabs (with appropriate upcharge)? I think you know that I'm not too stressed about production deadlines if that's an issue :)

I have an EP pair in the Greenpoint shape in a "super-luxe linen blend" and they are the most comfortable summer trouser I have (in terms of a loose hot weather fit but still retaining a good overall shape). If not would the Taylor with side-tabs be the nearest in terms of overall fit?

dougie

Reaction score
Totally unrelated, but I brought my daughter to San Pedro the other day so that she could visit the tide pools. I hit this little memorabilia store on the way and was oddly compelled to buy a signed pic of Rob Reiner.

View attachment 1574856

1. this is incredible. do you think it actually was signed for lucille ball, or was it signed for someone close enough to rob reiner named lucy that he would sign it 'love' but then they had a falling out such that the photograph wound its way round to you, or did rob reiner have a moment of inspiration in some mindnumbing autograph line or get accosted in a diner called lucy's and just go with it
2. rob reiner's first near decade as a director of features (up to but def not including 'north') is as good as anybody's first near decade, ever.
3. even after that rob reiner still ruled and continues to rule, broadly. see, for example: him going for the high note in the chorus of 'she's so high' by tal bachman in that one episode of new girl
4. did you run into mike watt while in pedro
5. the clothes you make are good and i'm wearing some now (just staying on topic here)

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Oh, werd? Damn, that's amazing. I think I'm in. Let me know what note to include in the order.

Awesome, can't wait to make these for you! Just order them with the Gable fit and write GARAND/RUDY and your preferred leg opening in the checkout notes. You can also email those deets to Ming at custom[at]epauletbrand.com if the checkout notes don't work. We'll hook it up for you!

Thanks, Eva. One more quick question then - if I put in an order for a couple of pants is it possible to have these made in the Greenpoint fit with side-tabs (with appropriate upcharge)? I think you know that I'm not too stressed about production deadlines if that's an issue :)

I have an EP pair in the Greenpoint shape in a "super-luxe linen blend" and they are the most comfortable summer trouser I have (in terms of a loose hot weather fit but still retaining a good overall shape). If not would the Taylor with side-tabs be the nearest in terms of overall fit?

Absolutely yes... if you order it as a Gable and you're okay with at least two pairs, then I'd love to run those for you as a Greenpoint with side tabs. No extra fees above and beyond that $25 upcharge for the Gable. Just write this in the checkout notes:

GREENPOINT/SIDE TABS

Production time should be pretty normal for these. The Garand is the only one that takes longer because that Hollywood waist is totally different from their usual workflow.

Thank you! And if anyone else is interested in this, here's the Greenpoint fit details...

Greenpoint_Text_for_site.jpg

1. this is incredible. do you think it actually was signed for lucille ball, or was it signed for someone close enough to rob reiner named lucy that he would sign it 'love' but then they had a falling out such that the photograph wound its way round to you, or did rob reiner have a moment of inspiration in some mindnumbing autograph line or get accosted in a diner called lucy's and just go with it
2. rob reiner's first near decade as a director of features (up to but def not including 'north') is as good as anybody's first near decade, ever.
3. even after that rob reiner still ruled and continues to rule, broadly. see, for example: him going for the high note in the chorus of 'she's so high' by tal bachman in that one episode of new girl
4. did you run into mike watt while in pedro
5. the clothes you make are good and i'm wearing some now (just staying on topic here)

1) Haha, IDK... if it was for Lucille Ball then that would be amazing. But look at Rob's expression in that pic. I feel that he's the kind of guy to write "love" in every signature.

2) Totally agree. Spinal Tap, Stand By Me, Misery, A Few Good Men, and (of course) Princess Bride are all amazing. Spinal Tap is straight up one of my favorite films ever. I must have watched it 100 times.

3) He's just a great person too. And he was super hilarious in Wolf of Wall Street.

4) No..... BUT... I went to see the Original Punk Rock Karaoke band play in Hermosa Beach in 2018 and Mike Watt was in the lineup. So he was playing bass while I sang both "I Don't Care About You" and "California Uber Alles." The latter really worked and had the only proper mosh pit of the night. I might have been the first person to ever sing that in red Birkenstocks.

5) Thanks! What were you wearing?

dougie

Reaction score
1) Haha, IDK... if it was for Lucille Ball then that would be amazing. But look at Rob's expression in that pic. I feel that he's the kind of guy to write "love" in every signature.

2) Totally agree. Spinal Tap, Stand By Me, Misery, A Few Good Men, and (of course) Princess Bride are all amazing. Spinal Tap is straight up one of my favorite films ever. I must have watched it 100 times.

3) He's just a great person too. And he was super hilarious in Wolf of Wall Street.

4) No..... BUT... I went to see the Original Punk Rock Karaoke band play in Hermosa Beach in 2018 and Mike Watt was in the lineup. So he was playing bass while I sang both "I Don't Care About You" and "California Uber Alles." The latter really worked and had the only proper mosh pit of the night. I might have been the first person to ever sing that in red Birkenstocks.

5) Thanks! What were you wearing?

yeah it's to the point where i can quote the deleted scenes. like, stoned bruno kirby singing sinatra in his underwear didn't make the cut and it's totally justifiable that it didn't despite how astonishingly funny that scene is. what a movie.

just my late quarantine uniform of an original run tee and thunderbird sweats. it's been a long winter!

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey guys, Ive got three pieces of news for today.

1) We’re going to offer natural Sashiko as an option for all of our Hertling pants! I think it’s gonna work really well. We’re going to size up the pattern so that it’s the correct fit after wash and shrinkage. I can’t do any colors right now, but natural should work great. That’s going to be the subject of today’s newsletter.

2) tomorrow at 2 PM EST we’re going to do a joint Instagram live with Justin at Hertling. You’ll be able to see the new space and how much they’ve already been able to set up. And will be taking any and all questions about fabrics and the promotion.

3) I’m finally getting our cosmic Thunderbird dyed goods today! Expect those pre-orders to ship by the end of the week

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Been a LONG road but the vests finish by this Thursday. We’ll work to get all backorders shipped right after that.

I’ll have some rad open stock styles too. It’s actually a great piece for the transitional weather out there. Excited for this!!

4913A31F-92C1-4443-8BCD-C66482AE7D70.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 102 36.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads