• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was going through the closet boxing up some things I haven’t worn in a long time and came across a basically NWT pair of Epaulet Taylors I got in the awesome cotton cashmere about a year ago. I got them tailored and then #WFH happened.

These are a 36:
05E0F69B-4304-442D-B832-A21ADFC97E27.jpeg
4F00E98B-3419-41AB-8710-BEAA9BDD9286.jpeg

I’m definitely going to have to get some more new trousers soon!

[\humblebrag]

Beav

Reaction score
I was going through the closet boxing up some things I haven’t worn in a long time and came across a basically NWT pair of Epaulet Taylors I got in the awesome cotton cashmere about a year ago. I got them tailored and then #WFH happened.

These are a 36:
View attachment 1546302 View attachment 1546303

[\humblebrag]
Wow that's awesome. Buying a new wardrobe in this instance is totally worth it. Congrats. If you have lots of large/size 40 stuff and 34-36 trousers to unload folks like me might be able to help out ?

ljl

Reaction score
Wow that's awesome. Buying a new wardrobe in this instance is totally worth it. Congrats. If you have lots of large/size 40 stuff and 34-36 trousers to unload folks like me might be able to help out ?

Congrats, best reason to buy a new wardrobe. I am battling to just stay level given that my commute to work is about 20 feet.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

These are a 36:

[\humblebrag]

HUGE congrats... that weight loss is amazing! I'm sure that you can find some guys here who will take those Taylors off your hands.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
EXTRA HEAVYWEIGHT T-SHIRTS

I just launched these in our newsletter yesterday. Thanks to everyone who ordered.. we've got quite a bit to pack and ship out tomorrow! Here's the crucial details:

1) Each t-shirt is crafted in 9oz organic cotton. It's about the weight of a Hanes "beefy" tee.

2) The heavyweight yarn is less about warmth and more about drape and strength. The shirt hangs really nicely and will stand up to an absurd amount of wash and wear. The thicker fibers will also develop a great fade over time. But these are still very breathable and comfortable on a hot day.

3) I dyed them with our latest batch of Sashiko jackets and chinos... so the colors are 100% in line with that. The more niche colors (Chestnut, Ultraviolet) will almost surely be a one off, so grab them soon if you dig them.

4) The cut is relaxed on these. Compared to our jackets, I'd say to do this:

Size 36 to 38 jacket = Small T-shirt
Size 40 to 41 jacket = Medium T-shirt
Size 42 to 43 jacket = Large T-shirt
Size 44 to 46 jacket = XL T-shirt

5) You can get 15% off all of the t-shirts (including the dye effect ones) with code tee15

Chestnut Tee Mayin.jpg

EXTRA HEAVYWEIGHT T-SHIRT CHESTNUT $35

Black Tee Main.jpg

EXTRA HEAVYWEIGHT T-SHIRT BLACK: $35

Gunmetal Heavy Tee Main.jpg

EXTRA HEAVYWEIGHT T-SHIRT GUNMETAL: $35

Ultraviolet Tee Main.jpg

EXTRA HEAVYWEIGHT T-SHIRT ULTRAVIOLET: $35

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
EXTRA HEAVYWEIGHT T-SHIRTS

I just launched these in our newsletter yesterday. Thanks to everyone who ordered.. we've got quite a bit to pack and ship out tomorrow! Here's the crucial details:

1) Each t-shirt is crafted in 9oz organic cotton. It's about the weight of a Hanes "beefy" tee.

2) The heavyweight yarn is less about warmth and more about drape and strength. The shirt hangs really nicely and will stand up to an absurd amount of wash and wear. The thicker fibers will also develop a great fade over time. But these are still very breathable and comfortable on a hot day.

3) I dyed them with our latest batch of Sashiko jackets and chinos... so the colors are 100% in line with that. The more niche colors (Chestnut, Ultraviolet) will almost surely be a one off, so grab them soon if you dig them.

4) The cut is relaxed on these. Compared to our jackets, I'd say to do this:

Size 36 to 38 jacket = Small T-shirt
Size 40 to 41 jacket = Medium T-shirt
Size 42 to 43 jacket = Large T-shirt
Size 44 to 46 jacket = XL T-shirt

5) You can get 15% off all of the t-shirts (including the dye effect ones) with code tee15

View attachment 1546390

EXTRA HEAVYWEIGHT T-SHIRT CHESTNUT $35

View attachment 1546391
EXTRA HEAVYWEIGHT T-SHIRT BLACK: $35

View attachment 1546392
EXTRA HEAVYWEIGHT T-SHIRT GUNMETAL: $35

View attachment 1546394
EXTRA HEAVYWEIGHT T-SHIRT ULTRAVIOLET: $35
Okay, so don't follow the size guide on these? Do we need to worry about shrinkage with a cold wash and low dry?

L.I.T.

Reaction score
Okay, so don't follow the size guide on these? Do we need to worry about shrinkage with a cold wash and low dry?

I think shrinkage should be minimal to none after the dye and wash process. Especially with a cold wash and low dry. You might get a little that happens with any wash and dry but that should stretch back with wear. I’ll let Eva chime in but the care should be pretty simple for these.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think shrinkage should be minimal to none after the dye and wash process. Especially with a cold wash and low dry. You might get a little that happens with any wash and dry but that should stretch back with wear. I’ll let Eva chime in but the care should be pretty simple for these.
Okay, thanks. I'm a typical 38 in EP, but always typically wear mediums. Based on the size chart and with any shrinkage, small just seems like it wouldn't work

goalaso

Reaction score

These are a 36:

[\humblebrag]
Impressive!

L.I.T.

Reaction score
Okay, thanks. I'm a typical 38 in EP, but always typically wear mediums. Based on the size chart and with any shrinkage, small just seems like it wouldn't work

Well in the photos I'm wearing the medium and I usually wear a 40-41 to a large size just for reference.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Okay, small it is. Thanks!
Its a little tough as everyone has different preferences and t-shirts these days tend to be looser and more relaxed. But knowing you... I think you’ll like the Small.

And don’t worry about more shrinkage, these ain’t changing from where they are

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Its a little tough as everyone has different preferences and t-shirts these days tend to be looser and more relaxed. But knowing you... I think you’ll like the Small.

Perfect, think I'm going to get one as a gift too

kammerer66

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Looks like I need small as well. Is it not too late to change the order #51414 @Epaulet ?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads