• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Got my units of the Woolrich Donegal. Don't sleep on this fabric it is awesome FYI. Not too scratchy, a bit of stretch and give, and really looks nice!

Can't wait for the weather to cool down enough to actually wear it now. XD

Thank you... glad that you're pleased with them! Feels good to be finally getting through these backorders.

As of today, all of the Lockie sweaters with paid balances are shipped. And I anticipate getting the new Doyles in the morning, which will include all of the Woolrich Donegal & Herringbone preorder pieces.

Oh, and we're getting a box from Hertling on Monday, which should fill all of the orders from June and before. And the new project is already well into work and ahead of schedule.

Yeah I thought about the Doyle, but I got this great green tweed doyle last year so figure I should ride that for awhile.

How many doyles is too many doyles? Because my wife says my number definitely qualifies.

Haha I think this applies...

download (2).png

But, without jest, the Doyle is unequivocally our most-collected piece. I definitely have a lot of customers with well over a dozen variants in their wardrobe.

I'd love to hear what you guys like most about it, and I'm always open to any suggestions on how to improve things.

That sounds very promising indeed.

Yes, it's gorgeous stuff! I'll post up pics in the next day or so. We're waiting on a bunch of custom Doyle's and Sinclairs right now, so I don't want to solicit any new orders just yet, but if all goes well, I think that I can do a final Fall-Winter custom round next Saturday. I really want to get some of the older pieces in hand, and at least see the new pieces cut and in process.

Hey @Epaulet, sorry to spam this thread with a hyper-specific question but: just tried your Wilhelm chinos and they're great, but I also found a used pair elsewhere online (NWT) in a color you don't currently have in stock and the fit seems quite different (tighter) between the pair I bought from you recently and this one (size 36 in both).

Did you make a Rivet Chino under the Wilhelm brand at some point? The tighter pair is styled quite differently: it has "Wilhelm" on the tag, taped seams and a zipper fly.

Hmmm, the taped seams definitely indicates a Rivet Chino. I'm thinking that this may have come from one of my sample sales.

WhyUEarly

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sometimes for the midweight fabrics, I wonder if a self-lined or lined front for Doyle might give it a bit more body. Helps look a tad neater. Obv for heavier winter fabrics or linen, no need for lining.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Epaulet - Have all the Rivets shipped from the preorder that was done in June? I just got a box yesterday but one of my pair wasn’t inside.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@Epaulet - Have all the Rivets shipped from the preorder that was done in June? I just got a box yesterday but one of my pair wasn’t inside.

Yup, I definitely owe you another pair, I'm not sure why they only gave me the Sashiko specials, but I'll absolutely get that missing piece made

nqtri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yup, I definitely owe you another pair, I'm not sure why they only gave me the Sashiko specials, but I'll absolutely get that missing piece made
Wil the first batch of the sashiko preorders be shipping soon?

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

If they have yet to be made, can we change the size on them from 36” to 34”? I’m happily shrinking!

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Wil the first batch of the sashiko preorders be shipping soon?

In process yes, hoping to ship the first ones in a few weeks. I'm still contending with production delays, but pushing and fighting as best I can.

If they have yet to be made, can we change the size on them from 36” to 34”? I’m happily shrinking!

Yup, noted and confirmed! Congrats again on all of the weightloss!

This is really so boss. Love the black jacket and black shoe pairing!

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Quick Updates and New Stuff:

1) Doyles are received and they look freaking amazing. We'll shoot them on Jay on Monday morning and launch the new stock first thing on Tuesday. All of the Woolrich preorder Doyles (Herringbone & Donegal) will ship on Monday.

2) I should receive our Gaziano & Girling Antelope boot sample by the end of next week! Look for that preorder to go live soon. It's going to be amazing, and we'll have great pricing, lots of customization options, and delivery by end Feb 2021.

3) I launched new fabrics for our custom shirts this morning. There are some amazing new flannels and oxford cloths that I can't recommend enough...

Couple important things to note:

* Use the code flannel15 to get 15% off any of these

* If you buy five shirts, I'll refund the cost of the lowest price one. You can buy the five shirts from any of the categories, they don't all have to be flannels.

* Take a special look at the Heavyweight Flannels and the "Legend Oxfords." Guys have been asking for thicker custom flannels for years, and these are the thickest ones that we've ever offered. And the Tartans of Legends are straight up the greatest oxford cloth patterns that I've ever seen. They're the kind of stuff you would see from Gitman Vintage, and it would cause everyone to lose their mind. Stock is pretty limited on all of these.

* Individualized will guarantee delivery before the end of the year for any shirts ordered before Friday 11/13. So get your orders in this week to receive it before the holidays. Anything ordered afterwards might make it to you before New Years, but chances are it will come in the New Year.

nqtri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In process yes, hoping to ship the first ones in a few weeks. I'm still contending with production delays, but pushing and fighting as best I can.

Yup, noted and confirmed! Congrats again on all of the weightloss!

This is really so boss. Love the black jacket and black shoe pairing!
I see. I sent you an email. I need to change the shipping address as I'm moving.

Thanks.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In for a couple of Individualized Shirts. I haven't bought any new shirts in a while and there are some great options in this batch.

@Epaulet - What are the odds of getting that "Heritage Blanket Check Flannel" made up with the pattern running horizontally instead of vertically?

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I see. I sent you an email. I need to change the shipping address as I'm moving.

Thanks.

Gotcha, cool will get that sorted and confirmed

In for a couple of Individualized Shirts. I haven't bought any new shirts in a while and there are some great options in this batch.

@Epaulet - What are the odds of getting that "Heritage Blanket Check Flannel" made up with the pattern running horizontally instead of vertically?

Excellent, I'd love to make them for you! I just shot you an email with some sizing info. And yes, we can typically do any stripe with a horizontal match for a $15 upcharge.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads