• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

up1911fan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yup, the next three are:

Natural Sashiko (with $20 donated to the factory employees per unit)

Wabash Ticking Stripe

Green Jungle Poplin

First one goes online today or tomorrow for orders, the second two are stock that should be here in 7-10 days
Will the shasiko's be restocked?

laughter95

Reaction score
Eva,

Wanted to say thank you and that I'm glad that you and your family are doing well. I noted your Facebook update today, which got me thinking. Eventually I ended up here, the first place where I encountered Epaulet.

My first purchase was a double-faced XS cream shirt in April 2010, a product that I think was done as a result of a SF poll. Epaulet comprised nearly all my street wear and office wear from then through June 2017. Especially from 2010-2013, these clothes were part of my identity. Your store was the only one I could find that had button-down shirts that fit me so well-- back then no one else had fitted XS shirts. I remember being super excited to visit your Brooklyn and LES stores as I was visiting from Washington, DC. I appreciated your hospitality. Somehow when we met in person at your store you recognized me and knew my StyleForum username. That's crazy, because I think there was only one public photo of my face posted online outside of Facebook in those days. I've since grown from an XS to a medium. My funds unfortunately have had to divert from fashion purchases to other things as I've moved through different phases during the last ten years. The latest phase is a very expensive career change to becoming an optometrist, but one that I look forward to accomplishing.

Regards!

Last edited:

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Eva,

Wanted to say thank you and that I'm glad that you and your family are doing well. I noted your Facebook update today, which got me thinking. Eventually I ended up here, the first place where I encountered Epaulet.

My first purchase was a double-faced XS cream shirt in April 2010, a product that I think was done as a result of a SF poll. Epaulet comprised nearly all my street wear and office wear from then through June 2017. Especially from 2010-2013, these clothes were part of my identity. Your store was the only one I could find that had button-down shirts that fit me so well-- back then no one else had fitted XS shirts. I remember being super excited to visit your Brooklyn and LES stores as I was visiting from Washington, DC. I appreciated your hospitality. Somehow when we met in person at your store you recognized me and knew my StyleForum username. That's crazy, because I think there was only one public photo of my face posted online outside of Facebook in those days. I've since grown from an XS to a medium. My funds unfortunately have had to divert from fashion purchases to other things as I've moved through different phases during the last ten years. The latest phase is a very expensive career change to becoming an optometrist, but one that I look forward to accomplishing.

Regards!

thank you so much, that really means a lot and it’s great to hear that you’re doing well! I absolutely remember meeting you and you wore those shirts really well. I’m so glad that we could be a part of your life, and congrats on the new career!

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yup, the next three are:

Natural Sashiko (with $20 donated to the factory employees per unit)

Wabash Ticking Stripe

Green Jungle Poplin

First one goes online today or tomorrow for orders, the second two are stock that should be here in 7-10 days
Can't wait to see what new doyles are coming in. I would like to order another one.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Can't wait to see what new doyles are coming in. I would like to order another one.

@Texasmade I should have the swatches around here, I can post up previews for them. You can absolutely kop a new doyle through this Natural Sashiko project too. We'll donate $20 from each one directly to the workers who make it.

I really like that color for the pants.

Oh man, it's so good! The notorious @macjedi is going to help us with styling and showing how these pieces work within your wardrobe, but the pants are effortless. You could see them being equally fly with a white t-shirt and sneakers.

up1911fan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Texasmade I should have the swatches around here, I can post up previews for them. You can absolutely kop a new doyle through this Natural Sashiko project too. We'll donate $20 from each one directly to the workers who make it.

Oh man, it's so good! The notorious @macjedi is going to help us with styling and showing how these pieces work within your wardrobe, but the pants are effortless. You could see them being equally fly with a white t-shirt and sneakers.
Will the Shashiko Doyle's be restocked?

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Will the Shashiko Doyle's be restocked?

Probably, but this Natural one is the only option for now. Our dyehouse is closed until California allows it to reopen. The Natural one doesn’t need color dye, so this can be made quickly with the resources that we have. After the pieces come through, I'm going to hotwash them at a local laundry service to take out all of the shrinkage.

Last edited:

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Okay this is all formally online now! I'm going to make a separate thread for it as well to field questions and offer guidance. If you dig how the pieces look, then all of us would be grateful for your orders.

SASHIKO SPORTCOAT, DOYLE, & CHINO UNITED TOGETHER PROJECT

Unidos Leader.jpg

veedubhkg

Reaction score
copped the minute I saw the newsletter hit my inbox. Can I modifiy the sleeve and inseam length like other doyle/rivet projects? Many thanks Eva!!!

veedubhkg

Reaction score

While I don't think I have enough swagger to carry the whole natural sashiko getup, but I look forward to pair it with my other lighweight Doyle and the trusty Epaulet snuff suede trainers...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads