• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@Epaulet I can’t remember, is it possible to do the Gable without the pleat? That tweed looks real nice!

thanks! I don’t think they can do the Gable as it stands without a pleat, but we could probably do the Gable waistband on a Walt or Rudy trouser. Would be an upcharge maybe in the $50 range from the Walt price. Drop me a line of you’re interested

Where to kop dog

Lol yeah that dog is amazing

Is the woolrich fabric itchy at all? Wondering how it’ll fit as a Wilhelm

not particularly itchy, and less so than a lot of stuff from the UK, but it’s still pretty casual. If you’re really sensitive to tweed than that something to be conscious of. The Rudy pant will be made half lined, so that might be a better

@Epaulet How does the Sinclair fit in that Woolrich? I've got a harris doyle in a 48 and it just barely fits (slight pulling on the chest). Thanks!

that will probably be right on. The Sinclair is a bit fuller in the chest due to its design, so I think it’s going to work great for you

CharlieAngel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Epaulet Aight, I'll give it a shot. Been needing a blazor-ish jacket for awhile. :) Kinda bummed that Woolrich shut down, though. :( Are there any woolen mills left in the US?

Duke Silver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Epaulet The only Sinclair I've ever tried, I believe, was a final sample before they went into production so I'm not 100% on sizing. Am I wrong that I should go with my normal Doyle size (42)?

Also, is the fuzzy melton wool chore coat that American Trench has now a Doyle? Looks similar, but maybe without the 4-way pockets?

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@Epaulet Aight, I'll give it a shot. Been needing a blazor-ish jacket for awhile. :) Kinda bummed that Woolrich shut down, though. :( Are there any woolen mills left in the US?

@CharlieAngel awesome, thank you so much!

And yes, there are some. The biggest that I could quote are American Woolens in RI and Pendleton in OR. There's a few others who are also in that Pendleton/Heritage vein.

However, I believe that Woolrich was the last of its kind for this kind of traditional outdoorsman tweed. Hence the "Last Donegal" tag.. as American Woolens is a former Loro Piana-licensed factory and mostly does higher end tailoring fabrics. Woolrich was an absolutely enormous operation in its day, so it's a real loss.

@Epaulet The only Sinclair I've ever tried, I believe, was a final sample before they went into production so I'm not 100% on sizing. Am I wrong that I should go with my normal Doyle size (42)?

Also, is the fuzzy melton wool chore coat that American Trench has now a Doyle? Looks similar, but maybe without the 4-way pockets?

@Duke Silver yup, the 42 is going to work great for you. Sizing is very similar, with the Sinclair just fitting a touch bigger in the chest. Nearly everyone would wear the same size in both. This tweed is great for the LA winter, particularly at night.

And yes... I let Jacob and American trench use our Doyle shape as a base for his chore coat. It's very similar in fit, but their jacket (1) does not have the two-way waist pockets and (2) does not have functional button cuffs. The sizing matches up as Small = our 38, Medium = our 40, and so on....

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Final Day for the Triple-Weave & Liberty Chainstitch preorder!

Hey guys, I'm going to put this into the newsletter shortly, but we're closing these two fabrics and getting them into cutting on Thursday.

If you like the Chainstitch shirts, then definitely consider treating yourself to one of them. Obviously that Liberty fabric is only that only favors the bold, but that triple-weave chambray has a place in EVERYONE'S wardrobe and it's really well priced at $115. I shot it with the Sinclair in Woolrich donegal, and you can really see how rich the color is:

Sandy Sinclair Full Look Seated.jpg
Sandy Sinclair Lapel Seated.jpg
Sandy Sinclair Cuff.jpg
Sandy Sinclair Look.jpg
Sinclair-Denim Shirt.jpg

herzzreh

Reaction score
Guys, has anyone noticed huge shrinkage on Thomas Mason shirt? On one sleeves shrunk to where they just want to ride up halfway up the arm. Another shrunk by an inch+ in length compared to an unwashed one and I can barely button the last before collar button - it started pulling like crazy.

Be careful washing them!

Mike - good call on subbing 40 for 42! It's perfect!

sartoria vacua

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
owning my old, alas -

also epaulet kit: FW17 woolrich tobacco herringbone doyle (woolrich! - from doyle round 2 for doyle historians), epaulet x hertling duck canvas trous (bulletproof), and epaulet-adjacent south bay yuketen hq chunky kicks. hasta luego.

63E1B0EA-6C78-4669-8E5B-DB0F9A69C402.png

Todd V

Reaction score
How would the Woolrich donegal drape and feel as a Southwick garmet? It's a bit hard to imagine...

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
owning my old, alas -

also epaulet kit: FW17 woolrich tobacco herringbone doyle (woolrich! - from doyle round 2 for doyle historians), epaulet x hertling duck canvas trous (bulletproof), and epaulet-adjacent south bay yuketen hq chunky kicks. hasta luego.

View attachment 1317063

very cool...I dig all of the sandy neutral tones!

How would the Woolrich donegal drape and feel as a Southwick garmet? It's a bit hard to imagine...

Oh it has a great drape. In terms of weight, it’s very similar to the tweeds from Abraham Moon, so it’s going to look and feel very similar.

You can expect this to be longer wearing and tougher though. I think it’s a great value as a suit, and there’s something super rad about one of our neopolitan jackets being made in this classic American fabric

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Anyone watch The Unicorn (CBS sitcom starring Walton Goggins)? ( @Epaulet ?)

Is Walton Goggins an Epaulet customer or the person in charge of wardrobe?

I swear he wears a Doyle as his character’s “going out“ jacket.

View attachment 1318032

Oh wow! I loved that guy as Shane Vendrell in “The Shield” back in the days.

it’s really close to a Doyle jacket... even down to the cuffs, but I see a button on his right hip pocket that we don’t use. Not sure what exact fabric it would be either

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads