• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

david3558

Reaction score
God, those linen trousers look amazing. I really can't find any trousers that beat my Walts' fit.

Anyone want to chime in on washing the regiment twill (cotton) Walt trousers? I understand I can wash them as they are cotton but... should I be concerned about shrinkage (I wouldn't tumble dry unless it's recommended).

Durazing

Reaction score
Any chance of a re-supply on any of the recently released Sportscoats in a 44? Alternatively when would 44's be available in any Sportcoat? Thanks.

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Happy Anniversary Mike and Adele (Epaulet-speaking anniversary of course)!

That saddle shell is irresistible, I posted a bunch (and sold) of my older bespoke stuff to be able to swing the boots...can't wait for them on my feet. I feel the color and look is different enough from the Whiskey Wingtip Boot coming next year for it to be worth it...

kgmessier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
tumblr_m3ocwdQAFK1rux7jzo1_1280.png

Excuse the face. A hilarious joke was said right before the picture was taken. Mandarin Linen Walt trousers!

Great combination, man. I especially like the ribbon belt with the trou.

So what was the joke?
smile.gif

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Great combination, man. I especially like the ribbon belt with the trou.

So what was the joke?  :)

"Hurry up and go do your pretty boy pose so we can get back to work. I don't want to get fired for being a photographer on my break."

It appears my coworker enjoys taking pictures. It's still funny to me seeing her hold the iPhone like a real camera.

MacktasticGDogg

Reaction score

God, those linen trousers look amazing. I really can't find any trousers that beat my Walts' fit.
Anyone want to chime in on washing the regiment twill (cotton) Walt trousers? I understand I can wash them as they are cotton but... should I be concerned about shrinkage (I wouldn't tumble dry unless it's recommended).

I've got two of the regiment twill Walts, and washing them in cold water and hang drying haven't produced any shrinkage I could notice. I think Mike said that the fabric is pre-washed so we shouldn't expect any shrinkage.

ghdvfddzgzdzg

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Found out my boots did actually ship out on Monday, even though both locations are closed on Mondays. Whatever shipping gnome did that for me, thank you. amped.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Hmmm. I'm thinking that it's 50-50 that a size 9UK Inca-last double monk would work for you.
The Inca last is a better and slightly larger fit than the Allen Edmonds 5 IMO. It's not so much that the Inca last is much wider, but it's more contoured and works for a larger variety of foot shapes.
Clarks Desert boots can sometimes be a wonky fit, so it's also possible that you could comfortably wear the Inca even if they don't work for you.
Finding the Leydon too narrow is a concern though. I'd say that the Leydon is pretty similar to the Inca in the front, although it's more generous in the heel. That said, you need to wear a double monk pretty fitted and you can expect them to break in a little bit. Try on a pair when you come by the shop this month and bring a slim pair of dress socks. They shouldn't be restrictive, but if they're a little tighter than usual than that's going to be OK after you break them in. With Double Monks, you can often tell if the fit is too narrow as you'll be straining the last loop of the top buckle to close them.

Asked this a while back Mike but you may have missed it - any plans for more knit sweaters soon?

hey mike, have you been stocking fewer XS's for the shirts? granted i haven't been following the thread closely lately but it seems like your guys' new LoL shirts are straight fire, just not in my size :(

Hey Mike - those Marcellos finally through customs?

Yup, they'll be going live this week! Full size runs in all three fabrics.

happy birthday epaulet?

Haha, that's right. We opened on May 8th, 2008. Epaulet is officially 4 years old.

tumblr_m3ocwdQAFK1rux7jzo1_1280.png
Excuse the face. A hilarious joke was said right before the picture was taken. Mandarin Linen Walt trousers!

Awesome, we're loving this whole fit!

Oh it's really easy. The Regiment twill cloth is pre-shrunk and color fast. In order to preserve the color, I'd recommend cold wash and hang dry.

Tumble drying might give you a tiny bit of initial shrinkage in the length, so you'd probably want to hem them after an initial wash if you plan on machine drying AND you like to wear them with no break.

For dark colors and bright colors, I'd definitely advise to keep them out of the dryer altogether. Lots of drying will fade those colors in an ugly way.

Found out my boots did actually ship out on Monday, even though both locations are closed on Mondays. Whatever shipping gnome did that for me, thank you. amped.

That was my man Matt (leftofthedial). Dude keeps it reals!

Abecedarian

Reaction score
NYR,
You beat me to the punch on that last pair of Carmina Austerity Brogues. If for any reason you change your mind about them, I'll happily take them.
Cheers!

david3558

Reaction score
Thanks for responding to the question Mike, you're a boss.

So - did you continue taking cool pics with that X-1? Please post.

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
tumblr_m3pvghbC6k1rux7jzo1_1280.png

Since we are talking about shells from Carmina. My favorite pair at the moment. I hope to break this bad boy in a bit more to reduce the heal slippage. It also squeeks a bit, hoping that would go away too, haha.

oisin

Reaction score
crap, i really need to stop sleeping. go to buy the navy twills in 32 and they are gone again. ugh.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads