• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Hey Mike - Just wondering if you guys are planning to make jeans again in the future (sorry if this was asked before)

Not at the moment, but who knows - anything can happen down the line.

Ordered the cxl brixton. Of course, I did it on Saturday night, which makes for the slowest delivery time possible, with no shipping out on Sunday or Monday. *sigh*

Thanks for picking them up - you're going to love those boots!

Mike/Matt, any plans to restock the camo shirt or was that batch all that is left of the fabric? Would have to go for the M if there won't be any more restocks.

Ah, unfortunately that was a one-shot run on this cloth. Sorry about that.

As promised. Darker than the Epaulet studio pics, but still with lots of contrast. Natural welt should really look nice with age.
Wow. Those look f-ing great. Thanks again and enjoy them!

I've been waiting to match my french blue rivet chinos with the Carmina Austerity Brogues, and today the weather finally nice enough to wear the Carminas. I've only got a couple of indoor pics though:

Beautiful, I love this combo!

Man, should have gone for the grey exford instead of the wine. Pairing gives me a headache.
What shirts and blazers are you guys wearing w the wine oxford?

Wine is almost as easy to match as grey. For solid shirts, look at whites, light blues, pale tan, and greys. Plenty of patterned shirts will also work as long as there's a white, cream, or white grey ground. Try wearing them with a gingham or tattersall shirt, it will look killer. It's great with polos and tees too.

[COLOR=014A6A]High Octane[/COLOR]​

Epaulet Petrol Blue Slim Walt Trousers
Alden x Epaulet "Milkshake" Indy Boots

Wow, those are freaking ace. I've got another 24 units of these on order for Spring '13 already!

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Can anyone comment on how the Carmina Inca last is compared to the Barrie last? This is for someone who:
- the Barrie is a perfect fit width wise (9.5 D)
- takes a "e" on the Allen Edmonds "5" last
- cannot fit into a size 10D on the Leydon last (too narrow)
- cannot fit into any Clark desert boots (too narrow)
I want to pull the trigger on a pair of Double Monks but am scared they will be too narrow. Thoughts?

Hmmm. I'm thinking that it's 50-50 that a size 9UK Inca-last double monk would work for you.

The Inca last is a better and slightly larger fit than the Allen Edmonds 5 IMO. It's not so much that the Inca last is much wider, but it's more contoured and works for a larger variety of foot shapes.

Clarks Desert boots can sometimes be a wonky fit, so it's also possible that you could comfortably wear the Inca even if they don't work for you.

Finding the Leydon too narrow is a concern though. I'd say that the Leydon is pretty similar to the Inca in the front, although it's more generous in the heel. That said, you need to wear a double monk pretty fitted and you can expect them to break in a little bit. Try on a pair when you come by the shop this month and bring a slim pair of dress socks. They shouldn't be restrictive, but if they're a little tighter than usual than that's going to be OK after you break them in. With Double Monks, you can often tell if the fit is too narrow as you'll be straining the last loop of the top buckle to close them.

edubs01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yo Mike-
Not sure if my previous 2 questions got missed but....

Are there any Purple pants on the horizon? Solids, Checks, erc....

What do you recommend wearing shirt-wise with the Royal Blue Twill Walts?

thebunk

Reaction score

Hmmm. I'm thinking that it's 50-50 that a size 9UK Inca-last double monk would work for you.
The Inca last is a better and slightly larger fit than the Allen Edmonds 5 IMO. It's not so much that the Inca last is much wider, but it's more contoured and works for a larger variety of foot shapes.
Clarks Desert boots can sometimes be a wonky fit, so it's also possible that you could comfortably wear the Inca even if they don't work for you.
Finding the Leydon too narrow is a concern though. I'd say that the Leydon is pretty similar to the Inca in the front, although it's more generous in the heel. That said, you need to wear a double monk pretty fitted and you can expect them to break in a little bit. Try on a pair when you come by the shop this month and bring a slim pair of dress socks. They shouldn't be restrictive, but if they're a little tighter than usual than that's going to be OK after you break them in. With Double Monks, you can often tell if the fit is too narrow as you'll be straining the last loop of the top buckle to close them.

Thanks for the reply Mike. I guess my main concern is that you sellout in my size before I get there. Oh well, better to be safe then sorry.

Last edited:

Blackmaged

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

laughter95

Reaction score

hey mike, have you been stocking fewer XS's for the shirts? granted i haven't been following the thread closely lately but it seems like your guys' new LoL shirts are straight fire, just not in my size :(

No more pre-made XS shirts. If you want them, you must send in your order to either mike, Matt (leftofthedial) or call in. If they have enough fabric, they'll do a shirt for you. It takes about four weeks. I've done two.

Mike told me the reason was that there wasn't enough demand for these shirts. Fortunately we can still get these shirts made to order, at the same price.

Last edited:

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
tumblr_m3ocwdQAFK1rux7jzo1_1280.png

Excuse the face. A hilarious joke was said right before the picture was taken. Mandarin Linen Walt trousers!

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
after seeing the saddle shell double monk person, I cant get that damn shoe out of my head. what makes matters worse is that the inca last fits like a glove. must step away from epaulet website...

Last edited:

Simplicio

Reaction score

tumblr_m3ocwdQAFK1rux7jzo1_1280.png
Excuse the face. A hilarious joke was said right before the picture was taken. Mandarin Linen Walt trousers!

The face is as it should be while wearing those trousers. Great combination.

Simplicio

Reaction score

after seeing the saddle shell double monk person, I cant get that damn shoe out of my head. what makes matters worse is that the inca last fits like a glove. must step away from epaulet website...

I have the saddle shell short wings and love them. I have been having recurring thoughts of the navy suede, also on the Forest last (good for me.) So far I have been strong, but I keep pulling up the web page. It might just be a matter of time before I capitulate.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads