• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I have a very unflattering video still of the sportcoat sample... looks like I'm saying "derp" but I'm probably droning on about how solid the lapel roll is without any canvas or fusing.

IMG_8471.jpg

Also if anyone wants to buy me a hat for Christmas, I think my hair is officially at this point...

latest

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
And just heads-up on this... I'll have it online in a few days. We have about 12 units of this pure mid-weight cashmere from Piacenza. Gonna be about $1075 after the MTO discount, and it's freaking gonzo nice. Perfect shade of blue too.. just a touch more vibrant than navy.

IMG_8466.jpg

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
And just heads-up on this... I'll have it online in a few days. We have about 12 units of this pure mid-weight cashmere from Piacenza. Gonna be about $1075 after the MTO discount, and it's freaking gonzo nice. Perfect shade of blue too.. just a touch more vibrant than navy.

View attachment 1037289

Love it Mike and would be all over it if I didn't already have 4 Navy Cashmere Sportcoats... It is my favorite shade / style. That looks like a fantasic shade with a nice slight spin off of Navy.

-Mike

Patrick R

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1037289

In. Who all is claiming the other 11?

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So here's a question for anybody who might know, Mike included...

Recommendations on good quality, long lasting dress socks? Dress socks are a complete toss and tend to fall apart on me-- especially slipping down my calves after a few wears and losing elasticity.

I'm a big fan of unique patterns and looks, but socks specifically I need them to not fall apart and looking good is a secondary concern.

There have been some good suggestions here already, particularly the Marcoliani and the Brooks Brothers. I've had mixed results with Pantherella but they often have some pretty nice patterns. Another option I've really liked is (friend of Epaulet) American Trench. They're dress socks aren't quite OTC but they're a bit higher than other non-OTC socks I've worn but most importantly they do not lose their shape or elasticity at all. I have a few pair now that have been washed dozens of times and still wear like they are brand new.

(Looking at the American Trench site right now they don't seem to have as many dress socks on offer but they might be worth checking out periodically)

Don L

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There have been some good suggestions here already, particularly the Marcoliani and the Brooks Brothers. I've had mixed results with Pantherella but they often have some pretty nice patterns. Another option I've really liked is (friend of Epaulet) American Trench. They're dress socks aren't quite OTC but they're a bit higher than other non-OTC socks I've worn but most importantly they do not lose their shape or elasticity at all. I have a few pair now that have been washed dozens of times and still wear like they are brand new.

(Looking at the American Trench site right now they don't seem to have as many dress socks on offer but they might be worth checking out periodically)
I love the AT Cashmere blend Fair Isle socks...

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Quick update: Doyle's are coming on Wednesday morning, we're planning to ship most of the corduroy backorders that day, and all of them by the end of the week.

Love it Mike and would be all over it if I didn't already have 4 Navy Cashmere Sportcoats... It is my favorite shade / style. That looks like a fantastic shade with a nice slight spin off of Navy.

-Mike

@mdubs thanks Mike.. glad that you dig it! We've got another five or so additional cashmere's from Piacenza as well. Pricing isn't that promo rate, but there are some seriously boss patterns available... we'll have everything live in a few days.

@Michigan Planner good call... American Trench and @jah786 are always my first recommendation for socks, I just know that they're not doing many dress socks these days.

I love the AT Cashmere blend Fair Isle socks...

@Don L the GOAT!!!

CharlieAngel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Doyle Jacket in Mid-Weight Harris Tweed

Hey guys, I'm doing a soft launch for this today, with the official launch on Tuesday. We have enough fabric to make between 16 and 20 of these gorgeous jackets! The fabric is a 10oz Harris Tweed.. and the weight is on par with the typical Italian tweed from the likes of DiPray. I absolutely love it, and this is an especially great option if you like Harris Tweed but the weight is too thick for your part of the world.

Price is $345 but you can save 20% with the code harris20, which puts it at about $275. You can check it out and order here. We've had a ton of interest and questions about this on Instagram, so I want to post it here first and make sure that you guys get one of them if you want. Should be ready around Halloween-ish.

View attachment 1036336 View attachment 1036337

@Epaulet Dang that's.. pretty awesome. Think you can make one to fit my fat ass?

BLAUGRANA

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Doyle Jacket in Mid-Weight Harris Tweed

Hey guys, I'm doing a soft launch for this today, with the official launch on Tuesday. We have enough fabric to make between 16 and 20 of these gorgeous jackets! The fabric is a 10oz Harris Tweed.. and the weight is on par with the typical Italian tweed from the likes of DiPray. I absolutely love it, and this is an especially great option if you like Harris Tweed but the weight is too thick for your part of the world.

Price is $345 but you can save 20% with the code harris20, which puts it at about $275. You can check it out and order here. We've had a ton of interest and questions about this on Instagram, so I want to post it here first and make sure that you guys get one of them if you want. Should be ready around Halloween-ish.

Just happened to hit the site today for another reason and saw this. Perfect timing and I ordered one. I have that exact same Harris Tweed on a Filson Tote that Unionmade did some years back. Great pattern.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member