• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jimney

Reaction score
@Epaulet - Do you know when Fenway orders will be starting? Also, I had my Nuovo jacket tailored - would I be able to use some of the measurements from that to request modifications to a Fenway?

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I've wanted a Tweed Doyle from before I even knew Epaulet was a thing. In for that. And some new flannels.

And I put up my hail mary for the Instagram contest.

I'll try to post some pics of some of the Individualized shirts I got that came in at some point-- fabrics are out of this world, fit is perfect and the Malibu linen and Seersuckers are the real MVPs. Mike you were totally 100% right about that white seersucker with the blue palms. I want like a full suit in that fabric now.

I feel like I'm headed toward a future where my whole closet is Epaulet.

Thank you so much for all of the support... and your IG pics have been awesome! Glad that you’re digging that palm tree one... I ordered it for myself too

Yep, black GMT II. Thinking of swapping it out for a Daytona though.

As someone who's owned both... I vastly prefer the GMT II. For me, it's easier to read and more balanced on the wrist. I'm a crazy new fan of the Oysterquartz too.. I can't believe how much I like the one I got two weeks ago.

These look great. I have a sashiko (pine) from the last batch in a 40 that fits great but on paper, my typical measurements are closer to the 38 sizing. For this fabric, will the fit also tend to be a touch slimmer like with the sashiko?

@odub no, this is going to effectively be a bit larger than the Sashiko. There's no shrinkage or washing involved with it. If your paper measurements match up with the 38, then definitely get that in the tweed, it's going to be entirely true to size.

I’m also close to a hard 38 (suit jackets typically fit best at 39) and I usually go with 40 for all my Doyles (and I went with 40 in my Southwicks overcoat too, as the base size.)

I have to for my arms, because that extra half inch plus of sleeve length makes a huge difference for me.

Doyles seem to be a slim fit kind of garment anyway and I layer them.

Can’t speak for this particular fabric, but I went in for a 40 myself as per the above.

Edit: I too have a pine sashiko Doyle and from what I’ve been told, the first batch of the sashikos shrunk a bit more than expected, so they’ve sort of sized up the next batch (raisin and gunmetal) to match the normal Doyle sizing better.

@Blastwice yup, that's entirely true.. the Gunmetal and Raisin production will be a bit larger than the last one. You could probably do either size, but if you often wear a 39 sportcoat (or a 40), then stick with the Tweed Doyle in a 40. Should give you a touch of room for layering a light sweater underneath too.

These look really great. If I didn't already have a similar weight brown jacket that I'm happy with, I'd get one for sure.

Last week you posted a picture of yellow Doyle jacket at the same time as this one. Did I miss that one or is that still in the future?

In case you are considering suggestions - I'd also love to find a jacket like this in a loden green, either actual loden or a forest green wool.

YES! The Banana Yellow Melton is going up for preorder on Tuesday as well! I bought all of the remaining fabric, so we can make about a dozen of them. It's so freaking boss in person:

Doyle Yellow.jpg

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@Epaulet - Do you know when Fenway orders will be starting? Also, I had my Nuovo jacket tailored - would I be able to use some of the measurements from that to request modifications to a Fenway?

I think we can launch all of Southwick Fall this week... prob do Saturday for the newsletter launch but I can the swatches and discount for you guys in a few days. We have some amazing outerwear fabrics!

And yes, we can definitely look at your spec Nuovo changes to guide customizations on the Fenway. It works great!

espen

Reaction score
Just caught the replay of this week's video, and I have to say Mike, those last few minutes has me incredibly excited about the future of Epaulet. First, the Doyle sportcoat looks AMAZING, as do the corduroy EZ pants (didn't pick up what the pre-order price might be). I for one could do with more just hearing about the design process, working with these new factories, and exploring new styles. Almost like riffing, but as a consumer I find it beneficial - I feel more educated, and ultimately connected to the end product that I end up buying. Granted we do get loads of this on the forum, I think the video really captures your enthusiasm well. Bravo!

goalaso

Reaction score
Just caught the replay of this week's video, and I have to say Mike, those last few minutes has me incredibly excited about the future of Epaulet. First, the Doyle sportcoat looks AMAZING, as do the corduroy EZ pants (didn't pick up what the pre-order price might be). I for one could do with more just hearing about the design process, working with these new factories, and exploring new styles. Almost like riffing, but as a consumer I find it beneficial - I feel more educated, and ultimately connected to the end product that I end up buying. Granted we do get loads of this on the forum, I think the video really captures your enthusiasm well. Bravo!
an IG naive question re: "replay" of IG Live Epaulet videos. As someone who will never be able to watch live at the prescribed times, I would love a way to see these videos after the fact. I wasn't aware there were replays available. Is this via IG or Epaulet site or something else?

goalaso

Reaction score
an IG naive question re: "replay" of IG Live Epaulet videos. As someone who will never be able to watch live at the prescribed times, I would love a way to see these videos after the fact. I wasn't aware there were replays available. Is this via IG or Epaulet site or something else?
alright, sorry, answered my own question

Blastwice

Reaction score
So here's a question for anybody who might know, Mike included...

Recommendations on good quality, long lasting dress socks? Dress socks are a complete toss and tend to fall apart on me-- especially slipping down my calves after a few wears and losing elasticity.

I'm a big fan of unique patterns and looks, but socks specifically I need them to not fall apart and looking good is a secondary concern.

Don L

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Recommendations on good quality, long lasting dress socks? Dress socks are a complete toss and tend to fall apart on me-- especially slipping down my calves after a few wears and losing elasticity.

I'm a big fan of unique patterns and looks, but socks specifically I need them to not fall apart and looking good is a secondary concern.
My go to are Marcoliani Merino Wool Argyle Sox

smmrfld

Reaction score

Italian-made OTC from Brooks Brothers outlets...about 8 bucks a pair on sale, and wear like iron. Much better than more expensive options IMO.

FLW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Dapper Classics also tends to be pretty good. They are pricey, but they are the only crew length socks that last remotely long for me. Staple colors are available in both cotton and wool year-round. They also have OTC versions.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

@espen thanks dude glad that you enjoyed it! I think that we'll be at around $165 on the Waffle Cord EZ pants when they go live.

And I really enjoy doing those videos, I definitely want to do more. I bought some accessories and a new camera to turn our still photo studio into a workable video space. With that, I can shoot a weekly HD update on things and put it on the cover of the site, so you don't need to go to Instagram for it. And you can really see the clothes and swatches that I'm holding up. I'll still do IG live to field questions, but I'd love to make it easier for everyone to watch the content.

@goalaso yup, you can go to our account and watch it for 24 hours after the broadcast

Pantherella have always been great for me, and I also like those Marcoliani's suggested by @Don L

Omg. Doyle sportcoat is win. I may have missed it Mike but what colors/fabrics do you plan on releasing for it?

@chrispy650 thanks dude! Not quite sure just yet, my next step is meeting the patternmaker on Friday to put through (hopefully) the final fix on it.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nancyavihuang