• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

dcjohnson

Reaction score
Is the Quincy a limited run item or will we be able to buy it in the future (like next fall)?
Getting ready to buy a house, so no purchases that large at the moment....

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
We received a production unit of the Coka Blanca Baby Cord right in the nick of time... and it is glorious. And kind of hard to photograph. So I did an Instagram video too.

FullSizeRender 43.jpg

You can order it here for 20% with code japan20

We also got in this fabric, which is called "Sassenach" Linen-Cotton. It's freaking stunning! This is my shirt.. it's done with the Artisan collar.

IMG_7195.JPG

You can order it here, and use code indiv10 to save 10% on it.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Any updates on the Vesuvio suede preorder?

@slude apologies.. we emailed everyone on the order.. it's delayed for about six more weeks. The factory got the leather in time, just became totally jammed up for a late Summer delivery, as that's when their big wholesale clients get their Fall goods. It's going to come through at the same time as our Museum Calf units, as there's much more open capacity right now. We're offering a 50% discount off of the balance payment if you stay on the order. Our other pre-orders (Museum Calf, Shell, Ostrich) shouldn't be impacted, as the issue here was that specific delivery time.

The Harris tweed single cut plus the 20 percent off is a really good deal

@kickstand definitely, they're giving us an excellent price on this piece. Harris Overcoats can last a lifetime

Is the Quincy a limited run item or will we be able to buy it in the future (like next fall)?
Getting ready to buy a house, so no purchases that large at the moment....

@dcjohnson nope, it's not limited, and neither are most of the fabrics. The promo stuff (first four) are carry-overs from the Sportcoat promo, so they're really short on yardage, especially the Navy Melton. The other fabrics should be around. The only restriction here is the 20% off discount, this is going to be the only time this season that we can offer that pricing. I can't say either way for next year. Business is slow at Brooks Bros and Southwick needs some custom orders, so that's why they contacted us to do all of these promos and gave us such boss pricing. We've sent a freaking ton of orders their way and the customers get a solid deal, so everyone wins.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Can I expect much in the way of shrinkage in the flannels, or should I order my regular size?

@Edsal17 oh definitely order your regular size.. if anything flannels tend to make up a touch bigger. You'll want to stick to cold wash/hang dry as these are really nice cotton goods, but shrinkage will be minimal

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey Mike, can we specify the EP Gitman cut for an individualized order? The measurements fit me the best.

Not exactly but it's pretty close. If you like, I can put darts and and/or a box pleat in to mirror the Gitman shape

forsan

Reaction score
@Epaulet Hi Mike! Sorry to be that guy, but did the japan20 code expire at midnight ET or PT? Just went to check out and got an error message.

avsmusic1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh BTW that hat is cotton, dyed with natural indigo, and made in England. We're getting them in a big way in about 4 weeks. They'll come in that color and a lighter washed tone.

I almost missed this - how tight a weave on these? I ask b/c I've had issues in the past with one size not quite fitting all of my larger dome :(

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wearing Allen Edmonds cordovan derbies and Epaulet everything else:

IMG_1175.JPG

IMG_1173.JPG

Irish

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did you guys set up the Reddit Buy&Sell yet? If not, hopefully soon? I've got a snorkel parka and Mulberry jacket begging for a proper home. Unfortunately the B&S here is totally worthless.

JR Magat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did you guys set up the Reddit Buy&Sell yet? If not, hopefully soon? I've got a snorkel parka and Mulberry jacket begging for a proper home. Unfortunately the B&S here is totally worthless.

https://www.reddit.com/r/epaulet/

Mike will be setting up a dedicated Epaulet B&S here on SF next week too

duff406

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Snorkel parka? (Curiosity peaked) Alwaya liked that makeup but never got one...

CanadaCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll be honest, initially I thought $880 (after 20% for Harris) is a bit steep for an unlined, no frills overcoat.

However, the more I think about this (for a regular body type) its measurement adjustments make it a nice deal. Altered sleeve and hem length is important, and often tailors just don't do a nice enough job.

I'm on the fence.... I wish it was fully lined for Canada. :fu:

Fabrics have me sold as always from Southwick, which makes the decision so hard.

Really the best period of goods from EP is now, and I'm loving that your new structure is allowing you to do things like this, which I believe is your true calling and passion. :fonz:

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@Epaulet Hi Mike! Sorry to be that guy, but did the japan20 code expire at midnight ET or PT? Just went to check out and got an error message.

@forsan

Oh sorry, it should have ended midnight PT. A few guys got frozen out with that, it was my mistake. Talked to Individualized, and I can send orders by this evening.

I reactivated the code japan20... it's going to work until 8PM EST / 5PM PST. Sorry, wish that I could extend it, but I have to submit the fabric orders to them tonight, they have someone who's tallying it up tomorrow morning.

Don't stress anyone if you have an order in and we're still working out sizing, we an do that next week. Like Southwick I just have to tell them what we're cutting today.

I almost missed this - how tight a weave on these? I ask b/c I've had issues in the past with one size not quite fitting all of my larger dome :(

@avsmusic1 you'll love it, should be no problems at all. That hat fits Adele great and she's got a lot of hair!

Wearing Allen Edmonds cordovan derbies and Epaulet everything else:

@peppercorn78 really sharp.. and love the trousers!

@Irish I'm gonna do a BST thread here in SW&D next week. The Reddit page is active and online:

https://www.reddit.com/r/epaulet/

Snorkel parka? (Curiosity peaked) Alwaya liked that makeup but never got one...

@duff406 you should absolutely buy that if its in your size, was one of the best things we ever made! Broke my heart when they would no longer produce it for us.

I'll be honest, initially I thought $880 (after 20% for Harris) is a bit steep for an unlined, no frills overcoat.

However, the more I think about this (for a regular body type) its measurement adjustments make it a nice deal. Altered sleeve and hem length is important, and often tailors just don't do a nice enough job.

I'm on the fence.... I wish it was fully lined for Canada. :fu:

Fabrics have me sold as always from Southwick, which makes the decision so hard.

Really the best period of goods from EP is now, and I'm loving that your new structure is allowing you to do things like this, which I believe is your true calling and passion. :fonz:

@CanadaCal thank you so much! It's been really exciting lately! We have a bunch of stock merchandise landing in the next two weeks as well, so they'll be quite a bit of inventory running alongside all of the projects and MTO stuff.

Yeah, the Quincy is an investment, but I think it's very fairly priced. Being a canvassed proper overcoat, it's going to be more expensive than a typical jacket, even in the same fabric. We were around $1100 for OTR Luigi Bianchi coats in past years, so these are pretty killer deals given the MTO nature. And there's one promo Harris (Mossy Forest) at the top of the fabric list which actually prices out around $750 with the discount.

The piece has to make sense for you, but I'll say that lined vs. unlined isn't a huge difference in warmth. The liners used by Southwick are just acetate, they're not insulating in any way. They'll block the air a bit, but the difference is negligible on a Canadian winter day.

That said, I have a lesson from the Italians on wearing wool coats in the NE. The NYC trade shows happen around the end of January and it's usually totally freezing. I'd pull out the Ghostface Killah parka, but we'd see the Italian vendors and attendees all wearing their nice wool overcoats. Like this one. But they layer this under it:

10312643x1108394_zm

These down shirts run about $200 from Patagonia, and you can probably find another brand cheaper than that. They're as thick as a mid-weight sweater, but FAR warmer. Put this under a solid wool like Harris, and that coat can now stand up to a seriously frigid day. They make for a fantastic liner. I would always wear one under my wool jackets in Jan-Feb, back in New York

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 103 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 102 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads