• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Colrais

Reaction score
High-waisted cord is a really cool idea. How will it stand up to winds in NYC?

And the dress wools are all year-rounders, right?

Last edited:

Steel28

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Going to pick up some more EFF cords and mocha Birdseye..

Quick pic of raw EP cords from few years ago.

fairlynerdy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pulled the trigger on a cool water merino to go along with the wool-cash mid-gray. This EFF couldn't have been better timed to pick up some basics after having dropped going on 20 lbs. Feeling pretty good about getting some new pants! (FYI, will be putting up some 36 walts and rudys in the next couple weeks.)

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Getting ready to buy the cool water merino and possibly the olive canvas today. I saw that it's a $40 upcharge for custom orders -- how do I request that? Can I just email you guys the additional notes?

Mr Clemson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So far I've grabbed the stormy grey wool/cashmere, the cool water flannel, and the oxford grey super 130's flannel. Now I'm trying to decide whether to grab the copper sand pique and/or the khaki military twill. So many good choices available!

Todd V

Reaction score
Is anyone getting windowpanes for the office? Can't decide if I ought to do that or stick with the solids.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
This end of an era for Hertling makes me profoundly sad. In an attempt to assuage my sadness I decided to pick up the Oxford Grey 130's flannel (hard to say no to that one) and the caramel cords. They're probably boring choices but will work with the majority of my wardrobe. @Epaulet these EFF events are/were the coolest. Thanks for bringing such opportunities to the community.

@CLTesquire huge thanks to you guys for always supporting them!

I went winter Walt crazy and got myself:
  • Italian Brushed Cotton Latte
  • Thick and Cozy Brushed Olive Canvas
  • Mocha English Corduroy

My autumnal trouser collection (30+ pairs and growing) anxiously await their new friends.

@Patrick R that is a boss trio of fabrics right there!

High-waisted cord is a really cool idea. How will it stand up to winds in NYC?

And the dress wools are all year-rounders, right?

@Colrais yes sir, all of the dress wools will work year-round

And a high-waisted cord is going to be super rad!

Going to pick up some more EFF cords and mocha Birdseye..

Quick pic of raw EP cords from few years ago.

@Steel28 cords are looking great!

Pulled the trigger on a cool water merino to go along with the wool-cash mid-gray. This EFF couldn't have been better timed to pick up some basics after having dropped going on 20 lbs. Feeling pretty good about getting some new pants! (FYI, will be putting up some 36 walts and rudys in the next couple weeks.)

@fairlynerdy I love it.. congrats!

Getting ready to buy the cool water merino and possibly the olive canvas today. I saw that it's a $40 upcharge for custom orders -- how do I request that? Can I just email you guys the additional notes?

@ahjota yes sir, just email us what you'd like

Is anyone getting windowpanes for the office? Can't decide if I ought to do that or stick with the solids.

@Todd V I think that those small windowpanes are totally wearable for an office. They're pretty subdued.

Nik Telford

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
High waisted cords are rad, I have a pair of the Twords in a Taylor, really nice and comfortable. Gable cords would be really cool too. My pick ups have been

Olive Military Twill in Taylor
Mister Dandy Dark Grey Cotton/Velvet in Taylor
Superheavyweight Wool/Mink/Cash in Gable
Medium Grey Wool/Cash in Taylor.

Probably going to do all of them with 2" cuffs. Really excited to see how they all turn out. Too good a deal not to sweep up.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't cuff the dark gray velvet if you're planning on wearing it as part of a black-tie-optional ensemble. Would probably look even better with side tabs instead of belt loops as well.

Debating military twill v. heavy brushed twill v. thick and cozy brushed canvas. Anyone have a similar dilemma? Leaning toward the first given warming trends. (Mid-sixties in DC the week before Thanksgiving!)

Nik Telford

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't cuff the dark gray velvet if you're planning on wearing it as part of a black-tie-optional ensemble. Would probably look even better with side tabs instead of belt loops as well.

Debating military twill v. heavy brushed twill v. thick and cozy brushed canvas. Anyone have a similar dilemma? Leaning toward the first given warming trends. (Mid-sixties in DC the week before Thanksgiving!)
That's fair, given that the video makes it look more like a patterned dark grey I hadn't really thought of it as a black tie type trouser. I don't really have much in the way of black tie events so I'll have to give that some consideration.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 103 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 102 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads