• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Darkside

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any plans for Rivet chinos in chocolate brown in lighter weight fabrics? I feel like it is the one staple color that's missing.

Also, olive Cramerton cloth is amazing.

unclesam099

Reaction score

Thanks, good to know. Wow, that's awesome. Did you post pics of the ones you got in?

Have not posted any photos yet. I will make sure to do so when I have some free time. 1 is at the tailor, other 3 need to go to a different shop. I hope to get into the office tomorrow to find that the last one arrived (wishful thinking!).

Also, @Don L's photo a few posts above made me preorder the gold museum trainers... I wear a 12D Hampton and 11.5D Barrie - is the US 12 of the Tennis Low going to work out OK @Epaulet?

Last edited:

ReedCA

Reaction score
First of my EFF suits arrived (charcoal pique, still waiting on the pearl grey flannel). It seems like the pseudo-Rudy pants alterations work out well. I was a little worried when I saw the waist size on the packing sheet but then I saw the alterations sheet tucked in the jacket pocket. They fit pretty similarly. Of all things, the forgot to finish the pant hem as specified, but that's relatively minor. I'll try to get a good picture shortly, the charcoal pique fabric is really nice.

Last edited:

metranger8694

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I've had gunmetal sitting in my cart for 4 days now...but I think it'll be too close to my charcoal Daytons and I couldn't justify having both. Now I'm starting to lean towards Mocha. I would totally get Blue or Loden, except I've already got a pair of blueish boots.

I really want black, though. I may even end up sitting this order out just so I can jump on black immediately if/when it restocks.

Is there such a thing as black museum calf?

If there isn't, there should be.

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@Epaulet - by the way, big props for always being a pleasure to work with, and always addressing everyone's questions/concerns/critique with a friendly and grateful attitude. Never making anyone feel that a question is too redundant or "stupid".

Other vendors (who shall not be named) could really learn a lot from you in terms of interacting with their SF client base. Well done and thanks again
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
@rnguy001 thanks man, I appreciate it!

Guncheck cotton rivets and Shell trainers

@Don L those shell trainers got me like

Khaki English Drill Walts and Galways

@BenLeaman killer! Love the mixed media Galways too.

Any plans for Rivet chinos in chocolate brown in lighter weight fabrics? I feel like it is the one staple color that's missing.

Also, olive Cramerton cloth is amazing.

@Darkside we're working on a return of the late, great Oxford Cloth Rivet chino - hopefully around late April. That's the only new stock pant currently in the works. I'm thinking of doing some solid ripstops too - there was a nice brown color in that.

I've made this request/post every year for the last three or four years but...

CORDUROY TWEED IN THE RIVET CHINO???
biggrin.gif

All I know is, when I die, I'll be buried in those pants. I have a good 60 years left Mike, we can do this dance an entire lifetime if we have to.

http://sartoriallyinclined.blogspot.com/2010/09/corduroy-tweed.html

@Gingahbman good news and bad news on this one...

Good News: Corduroy Tweed will return this Fall! And be available for Made to Order!

Bad News: It's exclusive to Hertling, so we can do Walt/Rudy/Driggs/Taylor/Gable in it. But no Rivet Chinos, unfortunately.

More Good News: It's basically the best cotton fabric on Earth

Wow at that link! I totally forgot about Lawrence's old blog. He did a nice job with that.

First of my EFF suits arrived (charcoal pique, still waiting on the pearl grey flannel). It seems like the pseudo-Rudy pants alterations work out well. I was a little worried when I saw the waist size on the packing sheet but then I saw the alterations sheet tucked in the jacket pocket. They fit pretty similarly. Of all things, the forgot to finish the pant hem as specified, but that's relatively minor. I'll try to get a good picture shortly, the charcoal pique fabric is really nice.

@ReedCA okay, that's great to hear! The Rudy modification was a bit of a shot in the dark, so I'm really excited to hear that you're happy with it.

Color 8 Alt Weins
REDA Grey Windowpane

@HenryIII killer combination. Still my favorite Aldens that we've ever done.

Is there such a thing as black museum calf?

If there isn't, there should be.

@metranger8694 there is definitely a black available. You know, I considered it, but you basically can't see the painted effect at all. It just kind of reads like a black calfskin.

That said, Ilcea makes a stunning black Box calf which Lobb also uses. It's one of the best dressy calfskins in the world. Would actually be rad to try that out on some of our shapes for a future project.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Couple of photos for you...

First off, I'm going to do a stock walt in one of the two yarn dyes: 1160 (grey) or 1161 (blue). These give off the vibe of an oxford shirt when they’re made up. Which color would you guys prefer?

Second: I came across this fabric at the factory. I’m thinking.. SHORTS GROUP BUY. Moreover, I’m thinking that we need to offer three shapes:

Match short (7” Inseam)
Walt Short (9” Inseam)
Taylor Short (7” Inseam, High rise, and Single Pleat)

I’m pretty sure that the Taylor short in this fabric would be the dandy-est thing ever made. My god.

You guys like this idea? We can be pretty competitive on price if we do it this way.

Here’s my outfit for today. Individualized British Oxford, Full Count Big-Ass Jeans, Stingray Sport Trainers.

Oh, and a suede blouson. It’s our sample from Portugal. If you’ve been thinking of something like this, then give me until the end of April. That will be when we introduce the best priced version anywhere. Made in Portugal with Italian suede. And taking no prisoners.

metranger8694

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@HenryIII killer combination. Still my favorite Aldens that we've ever done.

>>>And I got me a pair. Yeaaah boyeeee.

@metranger8694 there is definitely a black available. You know, I considered it, but you basically can't see the painted effect at all. It just kind of reads like a black calfskin.

That said, Ilcea makes a stunning black Box calf which Lobb also uses. It's one of the best dressy calfskins in the world. Would actually be rad to try that out on some of our shapes for a future project.

>>>I want to see that. But also, how about a matte black pair that is semi rough and tumble that Cornel Wilde would not be caught dead in..... Something outside the Epaulet box. What do youse guys think.

Last edited:

Patrick R

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:

Here’s my outfit for today. Individualized British Oxford, Full Count Big-Ass Jeans, Stingray Sport Trainers.

Oh, and a suede blouson. It’s our sample from Portugal. If you’ve been thinking of something like this, then give me until the end of April. That will be when we introduce the best priced version anywhere. Made in Portugal with Italian suede. And taking no prisoners.

TO Tie Guy boots + Corduroy tweed Walts + Individualized OCBD + suede blouson = my fall 2016 uniform.

unclesam099

Reaction score

Full quote on this - YES, PLEASE.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 103 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 103 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads