• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

bkotsko

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
BTW, I found a reference pic for a Saffiano weekender bag. This is from Givenchy...

Looks sleek yet indestructible.
Do you have any thoughts about a multifunction bag similar to what Don L posted?
I don't mean a copy, but something that might give some additional functionality to a weekender, a backpack, a MLC bag, or this ?

CHRK33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

BTW, I found a reference pic for a Saffiano weekender bag. This is from Givenchy...
That's the ticket, Mike. Looks good. Its a super tough leather which is what you want when traveling. A burgundy or forest green would be killer! Add some killer details to break up the expanse on a large weekender and you would have a winner.

tricky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good to hear about Rudy offering. I may be ready to graduate to them. Every day that I come home without the seat split in my Walts Rivets and Garrard is a miracle.

jvillal

Reaction score
Re: the weekender, it'd be nice to have something that comfortably holds a suit/suit jacket. I feel like mine always gets wrinkled when i have to throw it in my existing bag.

Alternatively...how do you all keep your suits from not getting too wrinkled when traveling?

lifeinabox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Re: the weekender, it'd be nice to have something that comfortably holds a suit/suit jacket. I feel like mine always gets wrinkled when i have to throw it in my existing bag.

Alternatively...how do you all keep your suits from not getting too wrinkled when traveling?
I use this method in a wheeled carry-on and then hang promptly at my destination.

novaeagle

Reaction score

Wear it. But I never typically need more than a sportcoat when traveling, so it's easier. Pack the other stuff :).

So, if one were hypothetically deciding amongst khyber cloths to purchase 3 4 or so, and those khyber cloths were hypothetically to replace one's core S/S pant rotation, hypothetically which ones would you guys pick... hypothetically, of course.

CanadaCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So, if one were hypothetically deciding amongst khyber cloths to purchase 3 4 or so, and those khyber cloths were hypothetically to replace one's core S/S pant rotation, hypothetically which ones would you guys pick... hypothetically, of course.
Fatigue, Stone, Vanilla Bean, Petrol Blue. Hypothetically.

Nantucket Red is also cool, if you're a red pants kind of guy.

Todd V

Reaction score

I fly this airline. No wrinkles in my pants.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Looks sleek yet indestructible.
Do you have any thoughts about a multifunction bag similar to what Don L posted?
I don't mean a copy, but something that might give some additional functionality to a weekender, a backpack, a MLC bag, or this ?

@bkotsko I'll see what they have made up at the factory. If we're working with one of their existing designs - either as-is or with very minimal changes, then we can knock it out quickly and with low minimums. If you guys like the design, we can do it as a preorder item with a very competitive price. I'll post up all of the options here.

That's the ticket, Mike. Looks good. Its a super tough leather which is what you want when traveling. A burgundy or forest green would be killer! Add some killer details to break up the expanse on a large weekender and you would have a winner.

@CHRK33 glad that you dig it! I know that the Saffiano leather options are a little bit limited, but I'm sure that they'll have some available skins in those other tones.

Saffiano is actually pretty hard to get - only one place makes the really good stuff, and most of the higher end designer bags are done with their skins. The factory makes for a few women's brands so they have extra square footage in the basic colors.

I looked into it for sneakers because it's honestly ass-kicking as a leather for them, but the minimums were enormous. We'd have to do something like 200 pairs in a single color.

Sorry but what's the need for a man bag? Besides if you travel perhaps?

@clarksdb haha, good question and I would honestly love to hear a lot of people's thoughts on this.

Living in NYC, I have a bag with me at all times. These days I use the Epaulet backpack exclusively. I often have a notebook, at least one camera, and my Macbook in it.

But while living in LA I really never used a bag. I mostly tossed things in a car or a light jacket.

The weekender is a great shape and something that I've overlooked in the past. But I get why you guys like it - it's a great piece to travel with and a really nice bag to own. It's okay for a short flight but really nice for a car trip. And since we all love good leather here, it's a large piece that looks boss and wears in nicely.

Wear it. But I never typically need more than a sportcoat when traveling, so it's easier. Pack the other stuff :).

Khyber Cloth is an awesome fabric, and it's been a staple over at Hertling for nearly a decade. Top four colors that I'd advise:

1) Olive
2) Khaki
3) Fatigue
4) Petrol

Can't go wrong with the first three, they're total basics. And Petrol is an awesome color. Normal enough that it's easy to match, but uncommon enough to stand out from the pack.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member