• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

bkotsko

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That sounds awesome. What is the new pocket detail?

Lol. was just about to type this exact message

It is flap pockets detail.
It looked awesome on the cashminkwool sample he had there.
If I didn't have pants made of that, I would have bought them on the spot.
Maybe Mike can shoot a pic to show you all.

Thefenceposts

Reaction score
I've never bought rivets before....Which would be the better intro, duck, 8 oz, or G&L Twill? Are any of these office appropriate or close to office appropriate?

Irish

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Moleskin fever breaking out around here. Any real life pics of the Mist or Camel color moleskin MTO?

Last edited:

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I've never bought rivets before....Which would be the better intro, duck, 8 oz, or G&L Twill? Are any of these office appropriate or close to office appropriate?

office appropriate is such a broad term. In my office any and all are nicer than what anyone else wears, but in a legal or banking profession than probably not...If you give a bit more insight then it will be easier to help. I would say the G&G is probably the "dressiest" of your options

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@Epaulet whats the timing on the balance of the FF sport coats? I am hopeful to have mine for some upcoming travel so any guidance would be great

about11oclock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey Mike and other Americana experts,

Recommend a good source for a replacement canvas strap for a canvas briefcase? Not strictly epaulet related but I'm a longtime customer and I think someone in here probably has the expertise.

Thanks!

Thefenceposts

Reaction score
office appropriate is such a broad term. In my office any and all are nicer than what anyone else wears, but in a legal or banking profession than probably not...If you give a bit more insight then it will be easier to help. I would say the G&G is probably the "dressiest" of your options
No one wears a tie, but I'd say wool is more common than cotton for pants. But then again, most of those people are wearing golf shirts 2 sizes too big with square toed shoes as well.... as long as they look like they belong indoors vs. outdoors I think they'd be fine.

AloysiusSF

Reaction score
@Epaulet whats the timing on the balance of the FF sport coats? I am hopeful to have mine for some upcoming travel so any guidance would be great

Hi Mike - to add to rydenfan's question - do you have a sense of the timing of the completion/delivery of the FF Gitman Shirts? Believe we placed orders around 1st or 2nd week of September.

bkotsko

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Nik Telford

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi Mike - to add to rydenfan's question - do you have a sense of the timing of the completion/delivery of the FF Gitman Shirts? Believe we placed orders around 1st or 2nd week of September.
I think some have shipped already, I just saw one pop up on grailed earlier today, though it promptly disappeared.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads