• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MacktasticGDogg

Reaction score

EP Gitman MTO OCBD Keystone fit pic
8unyzepe.jpg

Nice! What type of collar is on your MTO shirt? Did you go with the Full BD or the Joe BD? I just placed an order for an MTO oxford shirt in the Keystone fit with the full BD collar.

Don L

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
[/SPOILER]

Nice! What type of collar is on your MTO shirt? Did you go with the Full BD or the Joe BD? I just placed an order for an MTO oxford shirt in the Keystone fit with the full BD collar.
The Full. You will love it. great construction and material

bkotsko

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So, let's do the Poll tomorrow for the Galey Dye color. If you guys do a google image search for Incotex, then you can see the general vibe of a color overdyed pant. Two lighter colors that we could swing would be:

Olive Drab

Tobacco Brown

Grey Smoke

I have a preorder, and I think either of the olive or the tobacco is fine. I lean slightly tobacco.

I have always thought those Incotex pants are slick. I just couldn't justify the $$$ for a pair of cargos.
That being said... if you decide you have a similar shape slim/fitted cargo to offer, I am ALL OVER IT.

MacktasticGDogg

Reaction score
[/SPOILER]

The Full.  You will love it.  great construction and material

Thanks. Your shirt did look to have a bigger collar than the standard Ashland BD, which is what I was going for. Looking forward to receiving the MTO shirt.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

8unyzepe.jpg

Sharp! I dig the subdued monogram too. Thanks for picking it up.

Sorry for the crappy pics but I am pretty much living in my Doyle currently

Haha, that's what I hear about the Doyle from everyone. Glad that you're enjoying it - it looks boss on you.

Hi Mike --

I'm try to nail down my summer, hot weather office wardrobe.

I'm thinking the wheat hopsack and tobacco lightweight wool trousers. These can be easily paired up with a navy sportcoat.

Then, I need the opposite. Which warm weather sportcoat would work well with navy super 120's or gray hopsack trousers? Are there any Southwick MTO sportcoat options on the way? Or, should I select from the linen trouser fabrics? I'm a weird size in the Southwick jackets so only MTO will do!

Thanks!

Great call on both of the trousers. The light grey hopsack has been the best seller so far, and it's hard to beat that one for versatility.

And I should have our Southwick MTO options shortly - sorry that its taking so long. They revamped their fabric selection this season, and we're scheduled to have the swatches next week. Usually they would arrive around the end of Feb. I should have a ton of options for you to choose from. When you're talking about a jacket to work with both navy and gray trousers, you're probably going to be looking for a tan or wheat tone. Along the lines of the Vittorio jacket that we're carrying now from Luigi Bianchi Mantova. I should have a good amount to choose from.

Mike,

Any thoughts on a bigger move into sweaters? You did some nice colder weather pieces, but would love to see some nice, bright sweaters for spring and more for fall. Wool, cashmere, cotton, V-Necks, crew necks, cables, etc. I'm increasingly switching to Epaulet for a lot of my casual/smart wear, but I still have to visit Ralph Lauren, J Crew, Mr Porter, etc for the knitwear that I like...

Thanks! And good call on the sweaters. We looked at the business and although it's something that I really enjoy, it's hard to make our mark there. We're always trying to bring something new to fold, as there's plenty of other places that deliver the basics.

So, for this Fall, we've got the following planned for wools:

1) The return of our "Heirloom Cardigan," - a heavyweight handknit piece from Canada
2) The Scottish Hardie cardign in two unexpected colors (not grey nor navy)
3) A lineup of slim lambswool crewnecks, also in uncommon colors. Some shawl neck pullovers alongside those.

Our extension on this will be the new EPLA collection of fleece and french terry. We're developing some exclusive heavyweight yarn for a thick fleece - around 18oz or so. With this, we can do a heavyweight crew, heavyweight hoodie, and a heavyweight shawl button front.

Any chance of sending some of these fabrics to the other factory for us Walt/Rudy/Driggs guys? The indigo sanded canvas looks amazing.

Unfortunately, probably not. These fabrics are kept at a separate factory and we were offered that rock-bottom price on them in exchange for giving them the extra cut and sew work. They would probably sell it to me, but we'd be at something like $200 for a Walt/Rudy in it. Nowhere near the $140 that we can offer in the Rivet. UK cottons at this quality are relatively very expensive. All of you guys who ordered the factory finds - you'll know what I'm talking about in 4-6 weeks :). The fabric is incredible.

Ordered some Japanese garment dyed walnut rudys today. Can't wait for those to arrive!

Awesome! Thanks so much - you're going to love that fabric.

Done and done. Thanks so much for the input. I'll be in on Tues.

Thank you! Quick heads up for Tuesday - I've got a baby doctor appointment in the morning, so I'll most likely have to open around 1PM that day.

Oh heck yes! Not sure how far into it you are, but a couple of bits of feedback (IMHO, of course):
  • 35mm is the perfect width, the perfect balance between dressy and casual.  1.25" is just a little thin and 1.5" is pretty causal, all my 35mm belts are the most versatile.
  • Changeable buckles are fantastic.  Snaps are fine, but Chicago screws are preferable, for what it's worth. :)

Excellent - great minds think alike! Our sizing will be the same as our bridle leather belts, which strike a nice balance of width. They're substantial enough for jeans but still work in our trousers. And we're looking into Chicago screws to give the CXL belts their own identity.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

I have a preorder, and I think either of the olive or the tobacco is fine. I lean slightly tobacco.

I have always thought those Incotex pants are slick. I just couldn't justify the $$$ for a pair of cargos.
That being said... if you decide you have a similar shape slim/fitted cargo to offer, I am ALL OVER IT.

Agreed. I've always admired Incotex pants. Their unique hand comes from (1) great quality cotton (2) very good overdye and (3) a nice wash mixture.

I believe that I've mentioned the Garment Dyed Rivet Chino before. I'll get (hopefully) the final sample on Wednesday. This will fall in the similar realm, and I'm working with every stage of our production to make this a very competitive product for less than half the price. More to come on that soon.

Also, I got hit yesterday with something. So, I mentioned that we're making a washed cotton sportcoat. Planned retail on that will be around the $200 - $225 range. I picked up some more G&L Military twill to make the first batch out of. Well, if we've got a G&L jacket and a G&L Chino, then we'll be able to offer casual cotton suiting separates for $350 to $375. Not something for a formal setting, but could be very cool for something low key.

OlafG

Reaction score
That's a bummer about the UK canvas and Walt/Rudys. As you said you could probably size up one and take in the waist on a Rivet, but I dig the higher rise on the Walts. You said you'll do the cutoff yesterday, but they are still online. How long are they going to stay? I might jump on a pair to try, but I have to think about it.

Dirty Gurty

Reaction score
I see the FF Rivets are still on the site despite it saying the ordering ended yesterday. Does that mean we can still put in another order? I guess I could go ahead and try it, haha...

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

That's a bummer about the UK canvas and Walt/Rudys. As you said you could probably size up one and take in the waist on a Rivet, but I dig the higher rise on the Walts. You said you'll do the cutoff yesterday, but they are still online. How long are they going to stay? I might jump on a pair to try, but I have to think about it.

I see the FF Rivets are still on the site despite it saying the ordering ended yesterday. Does that mean we can still put in another order? I guess I could go ahead and try it, haha...

Yup, sorry the end date should be today (as we're closed). I'm going to take them off-line tonight and we'll compile and send off the order for cutting tomorrow!

Thanks Mike - I'm looking forward to those lambswool crewnecks

My pleasure - we'll have some rad colors!

applky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
8unyzepe.jpg

The Full. You will love it. great construction and material

Great shirt and collar Don L! Nice to see another Gitman MTO in the wild. And that full collar is wonderful. For the fabric, is that the normal blue TTX Oxford (fabric 301-40)?

Last edited:

Todd V

Reaction score

And I should have our Southwick MTO options shortly - sorry that its taking so long. They revamped their fabric selection this season, and we're scheduled to have the swatches next week. Usually they would arrive around the end of Feb. I should have a ton of options for you to choose from. When you're talking about a jacket to work with both navy and gray trousers, you're probably going to be looking for a tan or wheat tone. Along the lines of the Vittorio jacket that we're carrying now from Luigi Bianchi Mantova. I should have a good amount to choose from.

Mike -- Ahhh great! Will the Southwick fabrics be jackets only or trousers as well?

applky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks! And good call on the sweaters. We looked at the business and although it's something that I really enjoy, it's hard to make our mark there. We're always trying to bring something new to fold, as there's plenty of other places that deliver the basics.

So, for this Fall, we've got the following planned for wools:

1) The return of our "Heirloom Cardigan," - a heavyweight handknit piece from Canada
2) The Scottish Hardie cardign in two unexpected colors (not grey nor navy)
3) A lineup of slim lambswool crewnecks, also in uncommon colors. Some shawl neck pullovers alongside those.

Oh man you guys who haven't experienced the Heirloom Cardigan are in for a treat. That thing is the bees knees. Mine from Fall 2010 is still going strong. Mike, still using the same makers?

Also, any plans for more regular-weight cardigans or v-necks? Especially cardigans. It actually is very difficult to find a cardigan out there made of shetland wool with the crucial ribbon taping in the back of the placket.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Mike -- Ahhh great! Will the Southwick fabrics be jackets only or trousers as well?

Absolutely my man. Jackets, trousers, and vests can all be ordered from these fabrics.

Oh man you guys who haven't experienced the Heirloom Cardigan are in for a treat. That thing is the bees knees. Mine from Fall 2010 is still going strong. Mike, still using the same makers?

Also, any plans for more regular-weight cardigans or v-necks? Especially cardigans. It actually is very difficult to find a cardigan out there made of shetland wool with the crucial ribbon taping in the back of the placket.

Yes sir, they'll be made by Northern Watters on Prince Edward Island - just like before. The craftsmanship on these is insane (as you wrote) and they carry a lifetime warranty. I've still got mine from '10 as well. Looks like we've got Charcoal, Navy, Purple Heather, and Pacific Blue on order for that.

And unfortunately we don't have any v-necks are cardigans as such on order, but hopefully our EPLA pieces can offer some unexpected options beyond that.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 104 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 103 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads