• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IIRC it's a movie still off "Wolf of Wall Street"
In this scene, Leo (playing Jordan Belfort) was in the process of receiving fellatio.
While I found WOWS to be quite deplorable (a poor film, the debauchery was far too tame after having read the book), I'm fairly certain this scene was discussing with his father (the accountant) the company's AMEX charges for hookers lol.

ThunderMarch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
While I found WOWS to be quite deplorable (a poor film, the debauchery was far too tame after having read the book), I'm fairly certain this scene was discussing with his father (the accountant) the company's AMEX charges for hookers lol.
Ah, now that you mention it, yes, I think you are right.
I knew there was some sexual reference behind that still, just slipped my mind for an instant.

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Enzo Bonafè MTO in Plum museum on maiden voyage. I'm not to happy with the creases that are taking form. They're way to pronounced after only 8hrs of wearing. I think I'll stick to Vass henceforth when it comes to museum calf.

Last edited:

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Enzo Bonafè MTO in Plum museum on maiden voyage. I'm not to happy with the creases that are taking form. They're way to pronounced after only 8hrs of wearing. I think I'll stick to Vass henceforth when it comes to museum calf.

MC creases differently from other calf, I guess it's something in the tanning and coloring process. I have never tried Vass MC.

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

MC creases differently from other calf, I guess it's something in the tanning and coloring process. I have never tried Vass MC.

Thanks for the feedback. My non-MC Bonafè shoes don't crease like this. Also, Bonafè's MC feels thinner than their regular calf. I was on the fence between dark brown MC and Mezele for my next commission with you guys, but I think this settles it. I'm going with the latter.

As for Vass' MC, it doesn't crease like this. It's almost as smooth as new after wearing it. Pretty much like regular calf from Vass and/or Bonafè.

As long as you don't mind these kind of creases, there's no reason for not going with MC from Bonafè as the creases don't compromise the functionality. Also, this is my experience with one pair of shoes only, which I wanted to share. I don't want to cast a shadow all over Bonafè MC, as that wasn't my intention. I'm going to wear these shoes happily and enjoy them as the color is exquisite.

Last edited:

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

your impression of the bonafe mc is pretty much identical to mine.

so it isn't a one-off case.

Mine too. Although I had previously chalked it up to too much room in the instep.

MSchapiro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I wonder if he had some amazing shoes as well...

Doubtful. He definitely didn't when I met him.

As for the MC creasing, a random thought but does it become less noticeable after some Reno? I have had similar creasing on other shoes that became far less noticeable after some treatment and brushing.

borbor

Reaction score
Doubtful. He definitely didn't when I met him.

As for the MC creasing, a random thought but does it become less noticeable after some Reno? I have had similar creasing on other shoes that became far less noticeable after some treatment and brushing.
but did he ask you to sell him a pen
crackup[1].gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads