• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ENGINEERED GARMENTS SS 19

White Lotus

Reaction score
F659109B-3564-46CD-BE5C-C3E8E672B632.jpeg
Please do this!
F659109B-3564-46CD-BE5C-C3E8E672B632.jpeg

B5FB4ABD-87EE-4D4C-B3D2-1D0AB4512894.jpeg
Does it fit too big on me?

beneficialmovie

Reaction score

Drinkwaters

OG
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Does anyone happen to know where I can still pick up the cotton/linen chambray work shirt in size XS?

We have one for you. Give us a call at 617-547-2067

Drinkwaters

OG
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

bencap

Reaction score
it's not the styling, it's the sleeves that don't work for me. i like the look of the jacket. i don't like the bagginess and length of the sleeves

I've been trying to decide whether or not to buy for the last month. I wanted the zip parka, but that has option has come and gone (at least at a price I'm willing to pay). I've been thinking about the Thompson instead because it shares a lot of similarities with what I liked about the zip parka, but the sleeves do look super weird to me. Anyone know if the button fastenings significantly alter the bagginess? I would think that if they made a difference, it would be visible in at least some of the pictures I've seen on IG, but every single one looks baggy.

maregmareg

Reaction score
I've been trying to decide whether or not to buy for the last month. I wanted the zip parka, but that has option has come and gone (at least at a price I'm willing to pay). I've been thinking about the Thompson instead because it shares a lot of similarities with what I liked about the zip parka, but the sleeves do look super weird to me. Anyone know if the button fastenings significantly alter the bagginess? I would think that if they made a difference, it would be visible in at least some of the pictures I've seen on IG, but every single one looks baggy.
The cuffs width on Barbour x EG is not adjustable so visually it is what you get. They only have hidden storm cuffs to prevent wind from going into your sleeves but they don't alter the look of the sleeves at all.

maregmareg

Reaction score
My Ripstop patchwork Bedford arrived yesterday. I think that's the first time I'm really disappointed by EG item.
On one hand the colour and fabric/texture combo looks SO MUCH BETTER than my 6.5 flat twill navy patchwork Bedford - but it's only personal preference.
But on another - the shoulder construction seem to be kinda stiffer so it fits rather off, definetely not in a relaxed summer-ish way. I've also noticed 2 defects on ripstop fabric - something which looks like "knots" - if this was some kind of slubby fabric this would be acceptable, but having 2 very visible knots on one arm kinda sucks.
To finish this off, right sleeve is about an inch shorter than left one, wtf.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads