• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ENGINEERED GARMENTS SS 19

ricebomb

Reaction score
@ricebomb i think it looks good man. if you look up eg on instagram all the cool south korean bros wear their stuff loose. gives you better layering opportunities too.

View attachment 1146390

View attachment 1146391

Yeah, I have definitely seen and have also been appealed to those looks as well, just wondering if I could pull it off, being that I am pretty slim. I do like how the baggier size would allow more options for layering and the like though! I suppose I will see and compare how the XS will be when it comes in

maregmareg

Reaction score
@ricebomb the bedford looks ok imo, just needs a bit of layering and a pair of loose fitting pants - use it more like a lightweight jacket rather than a blazer and you'll be fine.

As for the Bedfords in this collection - I've looked carefully at pics of NB jackets compared to regular Bedford jackets in SS19 collection and it makes a lot sense to me. The NB cut is lacking some zig zag stitching on shoulders, and its cuffs are finished with 2 buttons. The overall finish is more tailored with narrower shoulders and slightly more blazer-ish looks. The buttons are also sewn in like in a regular sport coat.
While the regular Bedfords has more utilitarian and workwear appearance - more stitching, removable buttons, no buttons on cuffs, wider cut and very casual feeling. In older collections people were often wearing Bedfords in heavily layered and relaxed manner even though the jacket itself was much more trim and slimmer than it is right now (and it looked great tbh) but in my opinion currently with addition of NB jacket it makes the most sense to make regular Bedford looser fitting.

bedford1.jpg

bedford2.jpg

kbrenns

Reaction score
I’m actually seeing different measurements on the fatigues - for those who have tried them on, if I’m a 30, should I go XS or S?

White Lotus

Reaction score
Yeah, I have definitely seen and have also been appealed to those looks as well, just wondering if I could pull it off, being that I am pretty slim. I do like how the baggier size would allow more options for layering and the like though! I suppose I will see and compare how the XS will be when it comes in

DSC3077.jpg

DSC3074.jpg

Model is 5'8 126 lbs. Looks like the XS sleeve fits ~2 to 3 inches shorter than the Small and the new bedford fits more like a coverall/field jacket.

ricebomb

Reaction score
Received the XS Patchwork Bedford, tried it on, and confirmed that I will definitely be keeping the Size Small. In terms of fit with the body, XS was indeed more fitting, but as expected, the sleeves were too ridiculously short on me. I am pretty confident that I will be able to work with the looser, boxier fit of the Size Small, such as the picture references that some of you posted displaying that kind of fit, and I also think it will allow me more versatility in terms of layering and the like if I chose to do so. I think the suggestion of seeing it more as a kind of coverall top as opposed to a fitting blazer can be applicable. Thank you guys for the advice on the matter!

Last edited:

ricebomb

Reaction score
Mind sharing a pic?

Not at all! First two pictures are front and side view of the XS, and the last two pictures are of the Small. Although again carelessly throwing on whatever clothes to take simple reference pictures, I tried wearing a bit wider legged jeans to try and see if it would complement the looser fit of the Bedford a little better. All in all, I think I'll be able to work with it.

20190322_123321.jpg

20190322_123327.jpg

20190322_123555.jpg

20190322_123558.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads