• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ENGINEERED GARMENTS SS 19

penanceroyaltea

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
AB2E52BE-B97B-49B4-8661-0D2925EAE83D.jpeg
Don’t sleep guys

bry2000

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
still stick T2S? or size down? Cause most models online are sticking T2S.
I tried one in my normal size and liked the roomier fit, but I sometimes found Bedfords to be too trim in the past. I plan to go back to try one size down for comparison. Will let you know.

whostosay

Reaction score
Does anyone know where I could get my hands on a pair of the patchwork painter pants in size Large? Everyone seems to be sold out already ...

Cotton Dockers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just got this guy in:

2019-02-26_07-21-58_015.jpeg

Went with my normal EG size (L top, XL bottom) and I think it was the right choice. Both are a bit bigger than a few seasons back, for example, the jacket chest measurement is about an inch bigger than the 2014 SS bedford I have, but not enough to size down. Might be different if you arent as wide/tall. Pants seem shorter than recent fatigues, and are slimmer than the double cloth fatigues I got this past fall, but not nearly as slim as 15/16 stuff.

2019-02-26_07-22-13_825.jpeg

blue peter

Reaction score
looks awesome, CD - where did you pick up? thanks for the sizing info as I think we wear the same size and i was wondering if I should size down in the fatigues. cheers

Just got this guy in:

View attachment 1133803

Went with my normal EG size (L top, XL bottom) and I think it was the right choice. Both are a bit bigger than a few seasons back, for example, the jacket chest measurement is about an inch bigger than the 2014 SS bedford I have, but not enough to size down. Might be different if you arent as wide/tall. Pants seem shorter than recent fatigues, and are slimmer than the double cloth fatigues I got this past fall, but not nearly as slim as 15/16 stuff.

Chaconne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just got this guy in:

View attachment 1133803

Looks awesome! So are you saying if you sized down it wouldn’t fit at all or just wouldn’t have the loose EG aesthetic?

Cotton Dockers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
looks awesome, CD - where did you pick up? thanks for the sizing info as I think we wear the same size and i was wondering if I should size down in the fatigues. cheers

Got these from Nepenthes, was going to try the Medium jacket but they were sold out.

Looks awesome! So are you saying if you sized down it wouldn’t fit at all or just wouldn’t have the loose EG aesthetic?

Medium jacket would almost definitely fit, and I might be able to squeeze into an L in pants, but would not have a loose vibe at all for me. I think it’s probably best to go with the size you are closest to, depending on the look you are going for of course. I know @innerpiece recommends sizing down, but YMMV.

innerpiece

Reaction score
Got these from Nepenthes, was going to try the Medium jacket but they were sold out.

Medium jacket would almost definitely fit, and I might be able to squeeze into an L in pants, but would not have a loose vibe at all for me. I think it’s probably best to go with the size you are closest to, depending on the look you are going for of course. I know @innerpiece recommends sizing down, but YMMV.

Def agree with CD. I'm shorter and can get away with sizing down for a closer fit but going TTS is still in the cards depending on the fit you are looking for. Your individual height and shoulder width definitely should be accounted for which is why it's tough to give a generalized sizing recommendation. If you are taller with broad shoulders then TTS might be the way to go.

schuermang

Reaction score
I usually wear a 34 in Ground and Andover pants, would I fit best in a medium or large for the fatigues?

mg92

Reaction score
@Cotton Dockers love that jacket! Want the navy one as my first EG purchase, but worried it could sell out before sales season. Also like the patchwork fatigues, but I think I'd have too many olive pants after.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads