• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Engineered Garments SS 17

deeman

Reaction score

How tight were they from the knee down? Did you try on this season's cinch pant for comparison?
M

Did not try the Cinch.

Willy post weren't too tight from the knew down. Nice relaxed fit and something a bit different about them which I liked. Soft and comfortable material. Just a lovely summer pant :)

biabia

Reaction score
TBB is recommending size up for a regular fit and same size for a very slim fit. Just judging it on the model it looks very slim like FW16. Plus the measurements kind of confirm it too.

whereeaglesdare

Reaction score
TBB is recommending size up for a regular fit and same size for a very slim fit. Just judging it on the model it looks very slim like FW16. Plus the measurements kind of confirm it too.

They are indeed pretty slim past the knees, very similar to the FW16 models. I would take the TBB's advice.

Thin material? Wearable in the summer?

Yes. It's their summer weight version so very easy to wear in spring summer weather.

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@CSCoHammers7

You guys still have the stripe popover in stock in L and XL? I need to come over and try it on. Looks perfect for these -7 degree spring days...

CSCoHammers7

Reaction score

@CSCoHammers7

You guys still have the stripe popover in stock in L and XL? I need to come over and try it on. Looks perfect for these -7 degree spring days...

Yep, we still have full size runs on both popovers. Kind of a hard sell at the moment with more snow on the radar... See you soon!

tobiasfunke

Reaction score
Oddly, their site doesn't list that for the Willy Post Pant, even though they look very similar.

avantbored

Reaction score
Oddly, their site doesn't list that for the Willy Post Pant, even though they look very similar.
Corroborating @whereeaglesdare 's assessment. I am always a XS/28 in EG, and my Willy's are really tight on the calf. I am afraid if I got the 30 in the Willy it would be too roomy up in the top (even w/belt and cinched). My impression is that the taper on the Cinch is as dramatic as the Willy.

If you usually are TTS in EG and have slim calves, the Willy will probably look like this on you: http://reggieshop.jugemcart.com/?pid=1640720

santaclara

Reaction score
Reggieshop has had that model for quite a few seasons and it always bugs me that they don't size him in a small pants/shirts instead of xs.

tobiasfunke

Reaction score
Just received my Dayton Shirt in Horizontal Navy Jacquard. The fabric is soft and lightweight, and has a nice texture to it. It fulfills a similar role to the Loiter Jacket as a lightweight jacket/overshirt. Definitely a sleeper standout piece for the season.

I went with my usual size, medium (5'10 155lbs, 38" chest), and it fits great. The sleeves are a little long, but they can easily be cuffed/rolled. I cuffed mine once like in the photos below.

From DigitalMountain:

Last edited:

Fycus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Liked the EG x Docs so much I tried again with a full size down. Damn they are destroying my feet. My heels are raw and my toes are being pressed, but they seem to be breaking in okay. I think it was the right move considering they never had my size in a half size, but I'll be damned if it isn't uncomfortable :happy:

zunker

Reaction score

Liked the EG x Docs so much I tried again with a full size down. Damn they are destroying my feet. My heels are raw and my toes are being pressed, but they seem to be breaking in okay. I think it was the right move considering they never had my size in a half size, but I'll be damned if it isn't uncomfortable :happy:

Tried same, returned. You must love those shoes.

Fycus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They hit all the right notes for me: matte, nice looking last, interesting and quirky design. If I can survive the break-in, I am probably going to sharpie the yellow stitching ala patrik ervell which should be pretty cool. The other motivating factor was that the fall collaboration shoes don't seem to wow me at all- these just seem cooler overall.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics