• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Engineered Garments SS 16

Tramlines

Reaction score
EG shirt sizing has been a consistent source of frustration for me season to season. Less so with things like outerwear and trousers.
Me too. I don't know what to do about this.

I read the measurements carefully and decide on a Medium (usual size). Some medium EGs come up baggy like 19th century farmstead wear. Is it intentional?
Its too much hassle to return.

TBB are brilliant Tobias. You shouldnt have any customs issues. They've only ever been brilliant when I use them.

sneakypete

Reaction score
Anybody pick these up from SS16?

Do they fit TTS? How about sleeve length.?

I am 16-34 in button down shirts is size L usually.

jrmy

Reaction score
Kind of a long shot, but I was wondering if anyone could identify the t shirt the model is wearing in this photo. It seems like he's wearing this shirt in just about every photo they post and it is exactly what I'm looking for. Thanks.

a088516ssa.jpg

tobiasfunke

Reaction score
Anyone have this season's banded collar shirt in white paisley lawn? Mine just arrived, and the hem seems uneven/slanted at the front—the left side is longer than the right. I'm wondering if they're all cut that way, or if it's just my shirt.

Edit: Looking at some store photos it appears they all may be cut like that? What do you think?

Last edited:

modual

Reaction score
Anyone got or tried this seasons fatigue shorts ? As usual the measurements are all over the place between different stores so i can't decide to go with small or medium to fit my 32" waist ?

Steel28

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Anyone got or tried this seasons fatigue shorts ? As usual the measurements are all over the place between different stores so i can't decide to go with small or medium to fit my 32" waist ?

If this helps, I just SS16 navy twill ghurka shorts in size M. I have 32" waist as well and the fit is spot on.

tobiasfunke

Reaction score
If this helps, I just SS16 navy twill ghurka shorts in size M. I have 32" waist as well and the fit is spot on.
Just to add some confusion, I'm also a 32" waist and wear a small in this season's Ghurka. I would definitely need to tie the drawstring to wear a medium. I am a small in the SS15 Fatigue shorts.

I also just tried on some size 32 Cambridge shorts, and they were skin tight on me.

Last edited:

nickp

Reaction score
It really depends on how you like to wear them. If you want a more relaxed, bunched up fit go for the medium. Also if your thighs are big / how tall you are - the Fatigue short is noticeably shorter this season, so I'd definitely not recommend them to someone who likes their shorts to reach their knees. If you want something a bit slimmer that doesn't need a drawstring to stay up, go for the Small.

Cotton Dockers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I got the corduroy fatigue shorts and they actually fit very similar to the regular fatigues (if that helps). I felt this year's were a bit bigger than the corresponding size from last spring.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads